Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)

Go down 
+57
Anne from Norway
Saien
Drakulka
Rakel
Wilorvise
sauroid
JonasV
Tarunyada
Dum_my
Phexedrine
Jetty
costicuba
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Night Elf
Carola
koniminiatures
donny ong
sadie3112
sortepletter
scot(t)
blackdanter
Niki2811
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Florian
arafan
TheLastStardust
Fisva
SpiralStrix
ulinuk
Tove
Arnaud
boba_jagoda
NandO
NightLioness
A-J
animalluvr6
trevok4
landrover
LeeAnn
ReinbowSchleich
Katty
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Saarlooswolfhound
aandmkw
krista
Bloodrayne
bojan
Elros Alvar
widukind
Kikimalou
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 7:26 pm

He is a very charming heavy horse, lucky you for having him in your herd Very Happy
Love his outdoor photos, friends with Snowman it looks :3

sauroid

Country/State : usa

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 11:04 am

wow congrats Carola!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank you very much Karin & Sauroid  sunny 

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Birthday Additions :-)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 am

Hi all  sunny 

New additions-time  Very Happy 

Safari Ltd. Good Luck Minis, I bought them as a souvenir in the Zoo on my birthday. They had several to chose from. They are really tiny and cute  drunken The material is soft and bendy, but I think that is not a problem with these though.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Penguin chick, Black bear and Hippo.

Really tiny  Razz 

And I also got the (I suppose African) Penguin by Schleich. The Zoo had a specie that looked very similar to this model, so I got it for me to remember the day. (Made in China version)

- Then I also got a birthday gift for myself  Rolling Eyes - My very first - Peter Stone Traditional - Arabian  cyclops

I bought him from MPV, and he is a model made exclusively for MPV back in 2005. There were 50 matte and 50 glossy. So he is a limited edition. He came with a certificate and his number is 45 of 50 glossy, which is also written on his belly.

His name is Shadow and the certificate tells he is depicting a German trick horse. The colouring looks correct, but the mold choise is maybe a bit too much 'arabian'-looking for the real horse. Anyway - I think he is really gorgeous!  bounce 

(The glossy version is still available on MPV by the way. But VERY pricy - but that is to be expected for limited edition Stones... or just Stones in general  Rolling Eyes ).

And indoor  Very Happy I think he is really REALLY pretty, and thinking about it - he is almost ten years old  Surprised - But first got an owner now! I think he deserved that! He is too beautiful to be kept in the  - Shadows tongue 

The mold itself is the original Arabian mold. According to ModelEquus he is sculpted by Kitty Cantrell and first seen in 1999.

I love his striped hoofs and small details here and there  Very Happy 

The mold itself is the Manifestation of Pure Grace, I think  Shocked  Simply stunning - I think not that Breyer has even such an amazing Arab in their mold collection!

I understand why Stone horses are SO sought after. The eyes and expression are outstanding. Much more detail, than I see on my Breyers, although I would not say, that Stones are 'better' than Breyers. they are just different. Like with Schleich and CollectA for example. They have both good and bad traits.

You know I love grey horses  I love you 

And compared to Breyer SBH Phoenix  Very Happy 

I do not mind the gloss - as I think it is not overwhelming. I feared that, but in person it works quite fine to me Very Happy 

And compared to the CollectA Arabian Mare - I think she is quite happy to see a gentleman of her own breed in the herd  Smile 

I hope one day to make my own Design a Horse, when the company opens the opportunity again. I NEED one of those Stone Drafters  Razz 

Thank you for viewing  Very Happy

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 11:55 am

Congratulations! cheers

I personally don't like any of Breyer's Arabians, but Stone really takes the cake with theirs. I love you The Arab is my favorite Stone mold by far, and I also like the Pebbles Arab. bounce

The one thing that got people hooked on Stones is the detail in the eyes. However, now people are buying less and less stones, are the eyes are very sloppily painted and the pupils are so huge, the eyes look cartoonish. Sad It's very rare to find a Stone with half-decent eyes anymore, you got a nice one, since he is older.  Applause 

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Congratulations Carola!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 5:33 pm

Lovely Good luck minis and penguin Very Happy

And ohhhh, that horse  I love you drunken 
Such elegance ! Such beauty ! Applause 

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 am

He is gorgeous!
That glossy give him that little bit extra! Razz

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:34 am

Thank you very much for your comments LeeAnn, Andreas, Susanne, Dum_my  sunny 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

The one thing that got people hooked on Stones is the detail in the eyes. However, now people are buying less and less stones, are the eyes are very sloppily painted and the pupils are so huge, the eyes look cartoonish. Sad It's very rare to find a Stone with half-decent eyes anymore, you got a nice one, since he is older.  Applause 

I actually registered on Model Horse Blab yesterday, just because I wanted to read what people said about their experiences with DAH and the Stone Company in general. Mainly because you hinted about the Stone company to be a mixed affair, and I see that now - it's not just a mixed affair - it sounds like a disaster  pale I have now very mixed feelings on ever to try and order a DAH, and even the Drafter from the 2014 line - if the quality has decreased so much lately.. as it seems obviously. And also the examples of their eyes being worse than ever, as you mention(and I also noticed on the Blab on photos etc.), I really feel like to stick to second hand models, and older ones.

I was first a bit concerned when ordering this old Arabian Shadow, but I see now, that was possibly a very good decision, than if I'd spend loads on something directly from the Stone Company...

It was good that you were happy with the DAH that you got  Very Happy So all is not lost after all..?!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Yes unfortunately it is a disaster Sad I think they are trying to just rid themselves of the huge backlog, to do away with their angry customers, and are rushing way too fast, making people even more mad.
I got lucky with my Arab, when I received him DAHs were hit and miss. I got a hit. When Stone does it right, they do it right. Now it seems all are misses.

I do believe you need not be worried ordering any Stone horse. Just don't order directly from Stone. Wink

What you could do is look on the Stone Horse Reference site and find horses similar to or better than what you wanted to do for a DAH. Then you can look for that horse on MH$P or eBay. As long as it's not a OOAK or something Wink

This one is a male, but it is similar to Princess in a way: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
And here is one for sale on MH$P: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or maybe even buy a DAH second-hand. Just be aware that newer ones (2013-2014) will likely have poor eyes. Rolling Eyes

It's upsetting to think about but right now Stone is bleeding money and they could easily crash and burn anytime.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Thank you very much LeeAnn for the tips  Very Happy It seems there are plenty of great opportunities. That Drafter model looks great, unfortunately she does not ship internationally, but well, if I decide it to be that model, I can possibly convince her Cool Otherwise indeed, Ebay looks also to be the place. I bought the Priefert's Radar on Ebay, and it was my first time using the site, and I was very happy with all.

Anyway, let's hope something will happen to the Stone company. Maybe a new boss with vision and a true passion for the model horse hobby!  Rolling Eyes To read all the posts on Blab is indeed depressing...

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 3:18 pm

No need to convince her, I'm a PM away Wink
(I feel like an enabler now Laughing )

Well, Peter is gone now, and Randy is helping out the company. I say "helping out" and not "running" because it seems there is no organization whatsoever. Peggy left, and it all went downhill from there. I think half of the reason she left was because of how bad the company was becoming. It seemed better when Randy jumped in, but now it's much worse than it was before. Sad

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 5:53 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Thank you, great to have a friend in USA Wink  sunny , I'll let you know - Been browsing MH$P and there are LOTS of great Drafters to chose from and in any prize scale  drunken  bounce 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Well, Peter is gone now, and Randy is helping out the company. I say "helping out" and not "running" because it seems there is no organization whatsoever. Peggy left, and it all went downhill from there. I think half of the reason she left was because of how bad the company was becoming. It seemed better when Randy jumped in, but now it's much worse than it was before. Sad

All we can do is hope the best  silent The DAH concept is great, it would be a shame if that dissapears into the ashes.

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 8:54 am

Congratulations Carola, Arabian horses deserve replicas like these, it gets all their spirit and has an excelent shape regarding the breed. Really beautiful figure! Very Happy
I like also your penguins but tell Princess that the chick is an Emperor! affraid Cute... flower

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 am

Carola, you would love my wife's large collection of Royal Doulton, Beswick and North Light horses. I will have to post some photos sometime  Wink I dare not show her the figures you have as her collection would soon get out of control! 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:01 am

Roger wrote:

......tell Princess that the chick is an Emperor! affraid Cute... flower

cheers  Cool queen lol! lol!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 12:51 pm

Carola wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:

Thank you, great to have a friend in USA Wink  sunny , I'll let you know - Been browsing MH$P and there are LOTS of great Drafters to chose from and in any prize scale  drunken  bounce 

cheers cheers cheers

Roger wrote:
...but tell Princess that the chick is an Emperor! affraid Cute... flower

lol!

blackdanter wrote:
Carola, you would love my wife's large collection of Royal Doulton, Beswick and North Light horses. I will have to post some photos sometime  Wink I dare not show her the figures you have as her collection would soon get out of control! 
Ohhhh! Yes! Please show us photos! bounce bounce bounce bounce

TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:35 pm

The good luck mini's are so cute, but that arabian is stunning!  Shocked  huge congrats!  I love you

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Carola, Arabian horses deserve replicas like these, it gets all their spirit and has an excelent shape regarding the breed. Really beautiful figure! Very Happy
I like also your penguins but tell Princess that the chick is an Emperor! affraid Cute... flower

Thank you very much  sunny Oh, so is a little Emperor  king  Razz 

blackdanter wrote:

Agree with LeeAnn -Please let us see some photos  cyclops  bounce 

TheLastStardust wrote:
The good luck mini's are so cute, but that arabian is stunning!  Shocked  huge congrats!  I love you

Thank you very much  Very Happy Also the minis are good for shelfspace  Razz 

-------

And I got a package from Susanne today, with the 2014 CollectA Lusitano Mare, which she got for me - and in the package was also a lovely surprise  bounce bounce cheers 
I already made a walkaround and review of the Lusitano [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  Very Happy 

SO adorable  drunken 

And the wonderful gift from Susanne  I love you One of the utterly charming retired Papo Andalusians - although I believe this one is supposed to be a western themed version  Very Happy (But the original was an Andalusian I think!) He is so wonderful - thank you so much Susanne  sunny 

What a charmer  cyclops 

Razz ... seems Lusitano girl got charmed too ! 

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Two wonderful newcomers! Congratulations Carola! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Congratulations and thanks for your walk around. flower

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 12:02 am

Congratulations! cheers The Papo is wearing English tack, and I must say, a very unusual bridle too, that wouldn't be functional in real life. Laughing But a very charming little critter he is Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 5:09 am

Thank you very much Anna, Roger, LeeAnn  sunny 

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congratulations! cheers  The Papo is wearing English tack, and I must say, a very unusual bridle too, that wouldn't be functional in real life. Laughing But a very charming little critter he is Very Happy

Ah, so it is English bounce  Then he is definitily not that Western  geek And indeed he's got a very interesting bridle. What Papo had in mind with that, I'm not sure , maybe they also wanted to make versions with just a halter Razz 
He looks pretty unaffected though  Cool

Oh - I just noted the heart on his right shoulder  I love you 

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 6:41 am

How great that you like the pinto-Andalusian too  Very Happy 
I seem to remember, that the noble, Iberian breeds used to have many different colours, among them also pinto, - even brindle !
These days, Andalusian pintos are cross-bred, mainly in USA, AFAIK  study 

Carola wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 8:48 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Congratulations! cheers  The Papo is wearing English tack, and I must say, a very unusual bridle too, that wouldn't be functional in real life. Laughing But a very charming little critter he is Very Happy

Haha, indeed it looks like he's wearing a halter and a bridleless bit, isn't it? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)
Page 15 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next