Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+4
Roger
scot(t)
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 am

Tarbosaurus was a member of the dinosaur family of tyrannosaurids, which flourished during the Late Cretaceous Period (75-65 million years ago). It is sometimes included in the genus Tyrannosaurus.
Fossils have been recovered in Mongolia, with more fragmentary remains found further afield in parts of China.
Only one species of Tarbosaurus, T. bataar, has been officially established. Tarbosaurus lived in a humid floodplain criss-crossed by river channels. In this environment, it was an apex predator at the top of the food chain, probably preying on other large dinosaurs like the hadrosaur Saurolophus or the sauropod Nemegtosaurus. It is very well-represented in the fossil record, known from dozens of specimens, including several complete skulls and skeletons.
Although smaller than Tyrannosaurus, Tarbosaurus was one of the largest tyrannosaurids. The largest known individuals were between 10 and 12 meters (30 to 40 ft) long. The largest known Tarbosaurus skull is more than 1.3 meters (4 ft) long.
Tyrannosaurids varied little in body form, and Tarbosaurus was no exception. The head was supported by an S-shaped neck, while the rest of the vertebral column, including the long tail, was held horizontally. It had tiny forelimbs, proportionably to body size the smallest of all members of the family.

This year, the sculptor Hirokazu Tokugawa made a Trabosaurus  for the Japanese brand KINTO FAVORITE.  It was an official toy of the special exhibition "The Gobi:Cradle of the most enchanting dinosaur fossils"  at Osaka Museum of Natural History.

With the help of Postsaurischian and Brontodocus (Thanks a lot  Very Happy:cheers:drunken) I managed to catch one of this beauties. Here are a few pics  Wink.

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_1

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_2

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_3

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_4

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_5

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_6

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_7

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_8

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_9

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_10

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_11

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_12

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_13

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_14

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_15

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_16

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_17

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_18

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou KINTO_FAVORITE_Tarbosaurus_19

Last edited by Kikimalou on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:33 am

Awesome model, and fantastic photoes Sad(o)):

What a frightening beast ! Shocked
Thankyou very much, Christophe, for yet another great Wlakaround cheers

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am

Wonderful! I really admire this model. Congratulations on getting it!

(Christophe, I am still absolutely going to put together a walkaround of the 2012 Kinto Favorite Allosaurus. I even took several photos yesterday and they turned out horribly; not enough light. So I'll be trying again when there is more sunlight.)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:59 am

Thank you Very Happy I love very much this model and I needed a Tarbosaurus to balance my theropod shelves with something else than another Trex Wink.

Scott, too bad for the pics... I will wait Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:27 pm

A very finely sculpted dinosaur! Actually, the Papo T-Rex looks a monster when compared with the delicate tarbosaurus. How can someone think that these creatures looked like monsters?
Very nice walk around as usual, thanks! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:51 pm

A wonderful newcomer for you Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Great dinosaur, congratulations Kiki! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:30 am

Thank you Ana and Andreas

Roger wrote:
A very finely sculpted dinosaur! Actually, the Papo T-Rex looks a monster when compared with the delicate tarbosaurus. How can someone think that these creatures looked like monsters?

Despite I love the PAPO "monster style" in that case, I agree with you Rogério. I especially appreciate the correct proportions (look at the arms Wink ) and the Japanese touch on it... Dinosaurs don't need to be extravagant to be beautiful and interesting animals.

And toys don't need to be extravagant to be very good toys. Occidental companies still can take lessons about this from Nippon manufacturers !
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:57 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you Ana and Andreas

Roger wrote:

Despite I love the PAPO "monster style" in that case, I agree with you Rogério. I especially appreciate the correct proportions (look at the arms Wink) and the Japanese touch on it... Dinosaurs don't need to be extravagant to be beautiful and interesting animals.

And toys don't need to be extravagant to be very good toys. Occidental companies still can take lessons about this from Nippon manufacturers !

Yes, I understand and agree. We live in a cartoonish world where exagerations are needed to get the atention of others. Cute animals don't need extra cuteness as well as extravagant creatures don't need "extra" extravagance. Japanese make serious toys and I think occidental brands are making an interesting approach. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:46 am

To be fair, this one was made for a Dino exhibition. Nevertheless, the KINTO FAVORITE toys are very seriously made toys and it is true I like this.
About dinos, the only occidental company which sometimes reach the same level of sculpting is SAFARI Ltd.
It seems MOJÖ is walking the same path with his 2013 prehistoric models, I will tell more as soon as I will put my hands on a Hyaenodon Wink
Back to top Go down
postsaurischian

postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Shame on me that I'm seeing this thread so late Embarassed.

Very Happy Beautiful photos of a great figure! I'm glad you have it.

I wish Tokugawa was sculpting more models like these (there's also a Saurolophus) for Favorite.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:42 pm

It is never too late  Very Happy  Thank you for your help.  cheers  The saurolophus is a fantastic model too, I missed it alas  Sleep 

Back to top Go down
shan_89

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:37 pm

Wow, that is a fantastic piece! I'm aware that this is a museum exclusive piece but can someone tell me where or how I can get one for myself? Is someone here selling one?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:02 pm

shan_89 wrote:
Wow, that is a fantastic piece! I'm aware that this is a museum exclusive piece but can someone tell me where or how I can get one for myself? Is someone here selling one?

I cant help but welcome here  Very Happy 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
shan_89

Country/State : india

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:03 pm

widukind wrote:
shan_89 wrote:

I cant help but welcome here  Very Happy 

Thanks Andreas! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou   The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The 2013 KINTO FAVORITE Tarbosaurus walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1