Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Katty

Katty

Country/State : New Zealand

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 10:47 am

Great collection of newbies! Well done. Love the artwork in your avatar also.

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Congratulations Lea, the Papo boer ram I find very interesting! The dogs are cute cheers 

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Thank you everyone! Cyhyraeth, I really like that raptor skeleton, too - it may be my favourite of the Kaiyodo anatomicals I have. Katty, the chap in my avatar is a 1:30 scale Tennessee Walking Horse I customised and painted a long time ago - more of him can be seen here, if you're interested.

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 am

The Deinonychus skeleton I ordered just arrived and it is missing an arm! Big bummer.
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Oh noes! Perhaps you ought to contact the seller and see if he has a copy he might send you an arm off - or, failing that, I'd be more than happy to send you the suitable one on mine (I can easily enough make a cast of the arm for myself before that; I'll likely be customising the model anyway, so it won't matter to me).
Do PM me if you'd like to make arrangements for the latter to happen. I'm traveling at the moment so I may take a bit to respond, mind (which is also why I've still to reply to your last message to me - sorry! I will get back to you, at the latest once I'm back home).

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 6:48 am

Thank you Lea! I have contacted the seller. No reply, but I'll be patient. It's so kind of you to offer to send me the arm from yours!! Hopefully, that won't be necessary though. Regardless, it is very thoughtful and I really appreciate it. I hope you have lovely travels!
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
Thank you everyone! Cyhyraeth, I really like that raptor skeleton, too - it may be my favourite of the Kaiyodo anatomicals I have. Katty, the chap in my avatar is a 1:30 scale Tennessee Walking Horse I customised and painted a long time ago - more of him can be seen here, if you're interested.

I checked out the photos and he is fantastic!! I didn't even realize that you avatar image was of a model horse. I thought the photo was a painting! You did a great job on him!

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Scott: Thank you, I did have good travels indeed. Got to sit in a car a lot, which is always nice. Met two nigh-agreeable people and came off as a stuttering twit, but that's likely because I am a stuttering twit - and at least I came out of it all with new books to read.

Katty: Thank you kindly! He has an equally high-heeled 1:9 big brother currently cooking up (as well as two 1:30 siblings) who shouldn't end up sporting the many flaws he has (he is fairly old work), but it's going to be a while yet before those will get finished. If I ever get them done, I'll post a few shots here, too.

Alright, on to the last few days' haul. I got run over by a car the other week, so instead of putting the compensation towards fixing my bust bike, I bought myself some consolatory goldfish. I also recently received goodies from Taos, Ezhilan and a fellow Finn not on this forum (thank you all!), and the queerly coinciding arrival of this multitude of trade parcels made for what must be the best haul of the summer. (And the last, if I do intend to get that bike fixed before winter.) Behold, if you will:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(Sorry for the double appearance of the pug. I couldn't get the blighter out of the picture.)

And some individual shots:

Yujin redcap oranda (tanchou) goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus) from their Aquarium Fish in Colour series 2.

Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour humphead wrasse (Cheilinus undulatus). This has got to be the best model of anything I've ever seen.
I can't quite believe I've been trusted to house something as sublime. (I did pay for the privilege, of course..) My pictures do it no justice at all.

Kaiyodo Dinotales 2002 Dino Expo limited edition seismosaurus (or Diplodocus hallorum, more likely) skeleton.

Kaiyodo Dinotales series 3 Hallucigenia. The cat hairs and dust are complimentary.

Kitan Club Nature Techni Colour pale chub (Zacco platypus), swimming over some of the most realistic plastic pebbles I've met.

Yujin Aquarium Fish in Colour series 1 ryukin goldfish.
More pictures of the fish, Hallucigenia & Steller feller may be seen here, and more of the skeletals here.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic brachiosaurus   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Does anyone recognize this quaint, wee perhaps-Brachiosaurus? He came from Japan (from a seller who presumed the model's make Colorata, which I do have my doubts about) without any papers; is permanently attached to the bottle cap he stands on; and is marked only "Made in China" followed by a few Japanese letters. (If there are any Japanese speakers here who'd like to have a crack at those, I'd be happy to photograph the letters, too.) If anyone knows his origins, I'd be curious to know. He does have a slight Kazunari Araki feel to his physique, but I could be just hallucinating that.

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm

Wow. I clicked your link for "Tennessee Walking Horse" and your paint-up is absolutely lovely!
It is.
It's amazing! But then....I got curious about Tennessee Walking horses and made the mistake of Googling them. I ended up with some Youtube videos that almost made my stomach turn....UGH~!

But anyways..I love the fishes.
The colours and movement in the sculptures are beautiful.
I had some of those ryukin goldfish myself and the sculpt is spot on.

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:10 am

Yep, stack-shod TWHs are an utter, utter abomination. That's why I do them. It's the same with the massively deformed goldfish, really, and a lot of the dog & cattle models I go for.. I suppose chief part of my collecting is like that (I work in animal welfare, so..). It's not so much about celebrating the stuff depicted as it is just one more way of occupying my struggling mind trying to fathom the crap we people pull on non-human animals with such relish.

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:13 am

LEA great Perfecto !! they must be expensive.. affraid Suspect 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 6:52 am

Cars should be disposed, so that we only travel by bikes and horses Very Happy Razz Very nice additions, the are so many I never knew of! And Hallucigenia Shocked ! And I like the cheeky pup, some just like the flashing lights Very Happy

Bloodrayne wrote:
Wow. I clicked your link for "Tennessee Walking Horse" and your paint-up is absolutely lovely!
It is.
It's amazing! But then....I got curious about Tennessee Walking horses and made the mistake of Googling them. I ended up with some Youtube videos that almost made my stomach turn....UGH~!

I was curious and did the same, and oh my God, it's sick what they do to them Sad Put acid an their feet to make them walk in a particular way?! Hit the horses! What are these people - psycopaths I assume! Evil or Very Mad I almost cried wathcing that... I hope the organisation made sure to stop it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
blackdanter

blackdanter

Country/State : East Sussex, UK

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:43 am

koniminiatures wrote:
Does anyone recognize this quaint, wee perhaps-Brachiosaurus? He came from Japan (from a seller who presumed the model's make Colorata, which I do have my doubts about) without any papers; is permanently attached to the bottle cap he stands on; and is marked only "Made in China" followed by a few Japanese letters. (If there are any Japanese speakers here who'd like to have a crack at those, I'd be happy to photograph the letters, too.) If anyone knows his origins, I'd be curious to know. He does have a slight Kazunari Araki feel to his physique, but I could be just hallucinating that.

It's a Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic bottle cap figure. They were all based on Knight and Zallinger art work. I think you're right, if my memory is correct, Kazunari Araki did do the sculpts for these. Wink 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:03 am

Wonderful additions again:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 am

blackdanter wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:

It's a Kaiyodo Series 1 Retro Classic bottle cap figure. They were all based on Knight and Zallinger art work. I think you're right, if my memory is correct, Kazunari Araki did do the sculpts for these. Wink 

Know you more old japanese animal figurines:-)??????????

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 8:20 am

Fantastic little figure ! Fantastic find ! Applause 

BD, your knowlede is amazing Very Happy 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:46 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

BD, your knowlede is amazing Very Happy 

I agree Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Thank you very much for the info, Blackdanter! That came like straight off the shelf of a pharmacy, as they say in Finnish - most impressive! It seems Kazunari Araki did sculpt these, if my extra info quickly gleaned off the Interwebs about the series is correct.

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you for your comments, NandO, Carola and Andreas!
NandO wrote:
LEA great Perfecto !! they must be expensive.. affraid Suspect 
They weren't terribly expensive (at least in my opinion, considering how well-made they are) - most of them cost under $5, postage included. I wouldn't have taken them if they had been expensive, the mingy thing I am. Laughing 

Carola wrote:
I was curious and did the same, and oh my God, it's sick what they do to them Sad Put acid an their feet to make them walk in a particular way?! Hit the horses! What are these people - psycopaths I assume! :evil:I almost cried wathcing that... I hope the organisation made sure to stop it!
Yes, the "big lick", as it's called, is an abhorrent practice. As for the people torturing the horses, I doubt they're much different from your average joe. Likely they've just got different priorities and have (like most people, mind) learned from since they were young to not perceive of non-human animals as entities worthy of inclusion to any moral system, but rather as mere objects. There's big money and social regard to be attained in that particular horse-torturing business, too - like in most animal-torturing businesses around the world.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Great fish, hope your bike heals itself easily.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 12:28 am

Beautiful new models Lea! The fish are especially lovely. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:29 am

I love that little Brachiosaurus! What a lovely little figure!
Back to top Go down
Katty

Katty

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 am

He's so neat!!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 8:43 am

He's cute!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next