Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions

Go down 
+38
Kikimalou
LeeAnn
JonasV
Carola
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
koniminiatures
sauroid
Wilorvise
Noémi
Fisva
scot(t)
skysthelimit
goatherder
Silver Unicornis
Phexedrine
Dutch Bear
DaveScriv
arafan
Shanti
ken yeo
lucky luke
jarda
Florian
Elros Alvar
PeGe
blackdanter
Bloodrayne
Katty
Cyhyraeth
NandO
Liiolii
Sumo
Chris Sweetman
Tiermann
Ana
HKHollinstone
Taos
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 7:45 am

I love reading your updates Lea cheers cheers Once again, big congrats!

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:55 am

WOW Nice additions Lea sunny sunny sunny sunny

Last edited by Florian on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://atrlacollectiondeflorian.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 1:16 pm

So much great great new things! cheers Anna's gaur resin looks fantastic..! wow. Of course all the old stuff hits me. The Lineol guys specially and this brown small bull.. Being so small he's very good!
Congrats Lea sunny

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 1:47 pm

very nice new acquisitions. and i love the detailed description of each item.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 7:02 am

Very beautiful newcomers Lea!! I love the new look of gaur and can't wait to see him painted! Very Happy
Lineols are wonderful, great that you were able to get them for not too expensive price. cheers These two are among my favourites Lineols too! sunny And the Preiser bull is fantastic too!!!
I'm glad you like the eagle too and I think the Papo thoroughbred horse in one of the nicest Papo horses Very Happy He looks good in a green halter too Very Happy
I like the dino photo and congratulations for getting the figure of Macropinna microstoma, I think one of the weirdest fish in the world, very fascinating creature!!! cheers Sometimes I regret that I don't collect fish Laughing
Big congrats!!!! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:02 am

Your stories, your information, your photo's and of course your new additions! What a joy to read everything and seeing the Nanny goat and her scaly friend warm and cozy inside your house Very Happy A big congrats on all your new additions cheers cheers sunny

Oh and I hope the roof will soon be fixed! bounce

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 8:16 am

In this update I can see absolutly superb figures, mainly these Lineol, I am myself a huge enthusiast of these figures, I have only that yak but I feel very glad owning it. I see you're performing an exciting work with Ana's gaur that is another magnficient piece. I also love Epoch eagle and many others. Many congratulations and thanks again for your additional descritive information, it is very pleasant of reading. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Wow, what drool worthy figures... Enormous congrats on all of those gems there! cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:14 am

Congrats on your new additions ! Your little tanks are especially appealing too !

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Thank you, everyone, for your comments! I know it's a very positive forum, this one, but being every now and then at the singly receiving end of everyone's furious positivity always feels a bit absurd. In a good if befuddled way, of course - but there's always a tiny scandalized man in my head shouting "What are you doing it's the internet! You're not supposed to praise anything!" Still, I'm not sorry you do, of course.  Cool  

sauroid wrote:
very nice new acquisitions. and i love the detailed description of each item.
Roger wrote:
Many congratulations and thanks again for your additional descritive information, it is very pleasant of reading. Very Happy

Thank you! I'm glad I didn't bore you with all the blather. It'll happen, though, just you wait..

Ana wrote:
Very beautiful newcomers Lea!! I love the new look of gaur and can't wait to see him painted! Very Happy
Lineols are wonderful, great that you were able to get them for not too expensive price. cheers These two are among my favourites Lineols too! sunny And the Preiser bull is fantastic too!!!

Thank you! I'm glad you approve of the gaur. I don't often complete resculpts this fast, but with the gaur there was so little to try and "fix" - only recoat to smooth the surface - that it's progressed quite fast. I hope to be able to begin painting it in the next few months, as commissions allow. Many thanks for it and the eagle!
Those Lineols are among my favourite oldies, too - the yak being probably my most adored vintage sculpt of all - so I'm very pleased to have got them, yes. The Preiser is a very carefully made sculpt, too; I quite recommend it (and its many cow companions, if the quality of the bull is anything to go by).

Ana wrote:
I like the dino photo and congratulations for getting the figure of Macropinna microstoma, I think one of the weirdest fish in the world, very fascinating creature!!! cheers Sometimes I regret that I don't collect fish Laughing
Big congrats!!!! cheers
M. microstoma there is indeed a peculiar one - I'm chuffed there has been a model of it made, and that I was finally able to find it. Here's a brief video of the real animal for those of you who've not yet seen it, taken by researchers from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute in 2009:

The head of the small fish is transparent and filled with fluid. Inside it are two tubular green eyes which the fish can point either ahead or upwards. Now, I'd like to have that. Maybe with a bit more durability, but yeah.. Could covertly birdwatch while biking. Dazzle folks with my rotating, green, flipping long eyeballs. Look at my massive brain(case..) in the mirror. I'd be a hit at the clubs, I would.

NightLioness wrote:
Your stories, your information, your photo's and of course your new additions! What a joy to read everything and seeing the Nanny goat and her scaly friend warm and cozy inside your house Very Happy A big congrats on all your new additions cheers cheers sunny

Oh and I hope the roof will soon be fixed! bounce
Thank you, Karin! That goat from you is another vintage-style treasure I shall need to find a shelf before my sculpting space for so I can look to it for a reminder of how stylization is done with some subtlety and grace. Thank you for sending her & the mystery iguana! Thanks also for the well-wishes on the roof - I'm sure I'll get to the end of that project sometime before, say, spring.

Phexedrine wrote:
Congrats on your new additions ! Your little tanks are especially appealing too !
Thank you! The snails, I'm sure, would appreciate your appreciation if they could comprehend the concept; they came to me from a life of being 'eww'ed at and squashed as a pest in a shop aquarium. Happily, I don't think they understood that reception either.

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 11:08 pm

You had great adds Lea and you have great taste Applause And I love also the way you are showing them cheers
And please, tell your tiny scandalized man that STS is a special place made for unlimited praising and protect other sites from this bad habit Laughing

At last, I would be very happy to watch a Preiser bull walkaround Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 3:45 am

koniminiatures wrote:

The head of the small fish is transparent and filled with fluid. Inside it are two tubular green eyes which the fish can point either ahead or upwards. Now, I'd like to have that. Maybe with a bit more durability, but yeah.. Could covertly birdwatch while biking. Dazzle folks with my rotating, green, flipping long eyeballs. Look at my massive brain(case..) in the mirror. I'd be a hit at the clubs, I would.

Lea, with this idea you just made my day!!! It's so incredibly funny to imagine that!!! lol! lol! lol! I guess you could describe the person with such head in a story or something Very Happy drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 5:37 pm

Loved the video, mainly the part where the bizarre creature is almost captured! Laughing

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 6:56 am

koniminiatures wrote:
Phexedrine wrote:
Thank you! The snails, I'm sure, would appreciate your appreciation if they could comprehend the concept; they came to me from a life of being 'eww'ed at and squashed as a pest in a shop aquarium. Happily, I don't think they understood that reception either.

You're welcome ! I used to have the same kind of snails in one of my tanks but as my betta has a habit of eating everything that fits into his mouth they didn't last for long. I remember the time ; like 10 years ago, when I started having aquariums, those snails were also considered as pests. Now with this new trend of "natural" tanks they have regained a new status. I hope this will stay the norm as they are really useful little creatures.

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 12:59 am

Holy mother! Really really amazing new additions Lea! The Lineols! the Seismosaurus! The Preiser Bull! wonderful wonderful acquisitions.
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Lea, I saw this horse in a previous page, what kind of horse is this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:57 am

Noémi wrote:

Lea's wicked CollectA TWH custom, I'm sure cyclops Looking very much forward to see if it gets some paint eventually Very Happy

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:40 am

Carola wrote:
Noémi wrote:

Lea's wicked CollectA TWH custom, I'm sure cyclops Looking very much forward to see if it gets some paint eventually Very Happy

How I missed this information!? Shocked It looks so good I thought it was like some Breyer Tradi re-scuplt,,. @ Amazing work cyclops cyclops

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
You had great adds Lea and you have great taste Applause  And I love also the way you are showing them cheers  
And please, tell your tiny scandalized man that STS is a special place made for unlimited praising and protect other sites from this bad habit Laughing

At last, I would be very happy to watch a Preiser bull walkaround Wink

Thank you Kiki! None too hard to mock up having actual taste when there are this many excellent models in existence - most I've got to do is decline from curbing my greed. Twisted Evil I'll forward your regards to the tiny loud man. I'm sure he'll hate it.  

Oh, my - that Preiser bull has already seen primer, I'm afraid. I've been basecoating groups of to-be repaints lately, and I'm sorry to say the bull was included among those. I wonder, would a walkaround of the sculpt be of any use to you if I made it once the bull were pastelled an uniform light grey (that'll be the base for the new colour anyway)? That way the sculpture and its topographical detail would still be well visible, even if the original paint scheme obviously weren't. I'm sorry not to have come by and learned of your wish sooner - I would of course have kept the bull from primer for a walkaround. I do wish I found the time to visit the forum more regularly - I expect his kind of thing wouldn't happen then.

Ana wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:

Lea, with this idea you just made my day!!! It's so incredibly funny to imagine that!!!  lol! lol! lol!  I guess you could describe the person with such head in a story or something Very Happy drunken

What a Face I'm not sure, but I think that story begins like this:

He would see faces in movies, on T.V., in magazines, and in books nature documentaries, dissection videos, blogs, and biology publications
He thought that some of these faces might be right for him
and that over the years, by keeping an ideal facial structure fixed in his mind
or somewhere in the back of his mind, that he might,
by force of will, cause his face to approach those of his ideal.
The change would be very subtle. It might take ten years or so.
Gradually, his face would change its shape:
A more hooked nose, wider, thinner lips, beady eyes, a larger forehead transparent braincase, greener, longer eyes, smaller nostrils, a shinier forehead.

Phexedrine wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:
Phexedrine wrote:

You're welcome ! I used to have the same kind of snails in one of my tanks but as my betta has a habit of eating everything that fits into his mouth they didn't last for long. I remember the time ; like 10 years ago, when I started having aquariums, those snails were also considered as pests. Now with this new trend of "natural" tanks they have regained a new status. I hope this will stay the norm as they are really useful little creatures.

Ah, I wasn't aware of such a change in attitudes. That's good! There's never too much of invert appreciation. Now I just wish news of that trend reached our local pet shop aquarium keeper, too..

Noémi, the horse you posted is indeed The Apologist, a Collecta Tennessee walker customized with a lengthened body, new legs, tail and some added details. This is, as ever, mentioned in the original text accompanying its pictures. Here's for your amusement a small timeline of the figurine's changes from original finish to base paint, at which stage it's now stuck:

Thank you Carola and Jonas for cheering it on - maybe one day I'll actually finish it, too..! Rolling Eyes Thanks also to Scott for your comment - I'm glad you enjoyed the newbies!

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:45 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 1:33 am

koniminiatures wrote:
Thank you Kiki! None too hard to mock up having actual taste when there are this many excellent models in existence - most I've got to do is decline from curbing my greed. Twisted Evil I'll forward your regards to the tiny loud man. I'm sure he'll hate it.  

Oh, my - that Preiser bull has already seen primer, I'm afraid. I've been basecoating groups of to-be repaints lately, and I'm sorry to say the bull was included among those. I wonder, would a walkaround of the sculpt be of any use to you if I made it once the bull were pastelled an uniform light grey (that'll be the base for the new colour anyway)? That way the sculpture and its topographical detail would still be well visible, even if the original paint scheme obviously weren't. I'm sorry not to have come by and learned of your wish sooner - I would of course have kept the bull from primer for a walkaround. I do wish I found the time to visit the forum more regularly - I expect his kind of thing wouldn't happen then.

Too bad No Wink Next time you fall addict of an unusual model, please make a walkaround Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 7:20 am

Wow! I can't find words! Fantastic! Applause
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Duly noted, Kikimalou! I'll know better next time.

Thank you Noémi - I'm glad you like the custom!

Incidentally, here are some beauties that arrived from Noémi not long ago - I didn't even know she was sending them out yet, but somehow she managed to have them arrive precisely on my birthday. Imagine my surprise upon receiving this parcel out of the blue. Inside were raw castings of Noémi's wonderful gaur cow and banteng bull, pictured here with their beautiful custom boxes and cards:

Noémi has trusted me to mend the models and has even agreed to allow me to customize them - thank you very much indeed, Noémi! I can't wait to get to start on them.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Congrats! I can't wait to see what you do with them bounce

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 2:37 am

Yay so awesome! Noémi's work is fantastic! I'm so curious to see what you'll make for them Very Happy

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:13 am

They are wonderful!!  Big congratulations Lea!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions   Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' recent acquisitions
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next