Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5

Go down 
+57
Dorkan
JonasV
Bloodrayne
LeeAnn
krista
The-Toy-Chest
nyarlahotep
Defteros
Tiermann
shadoweon
bjarki12
quagga
arafan
Sergey
QuollMate
Gulogulo76
Kiryuha
ze_neto
pm64
HKHollinstone
LukaLeon085
SilkySky
Deseo
cattlecollector
PeGe
SommoDracorex
lucky luke
Carola
ken yeo
SeanieP
Ana
75senta75
jarda
schleich61
MartinH
posttenebraslux
weaselfan93
sphyrna18
Deanmo19
gogo1004
Joan Milelire
bojan
ReinbowSchleich
MARTINLATIN
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
Takama
trevok4
Florian
scot(t)
orcagirl26
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
SUSANNE
AlopexLagopus
Juan Andrés
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

Here is my wishlist for this year. I can't wait.bounce bounce bounce drunken drunken drunken 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Only the bowhead whale, thresher shark, and gila monster all look like something I'd get. I'm disappointed with the pilot whale and "dolphin". What's up with the pilot whale's upper jaw and melon?! (the part of the head that sticks out) Suspect I know it's shorter than the lower jaw but Safari's looks as if it ran into something.

The body doesn't look anything like a pilot whale's either, it looks like he has no definition to it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What species is the new dolphin? As I said in my previous post, it doesn't look like a bottlenose dolphin, but either a spinner dolphin or a rough-toothed dolphin:

Spinner dolphin:

Rough-toothed dolphin:

I apologize for all the pictures, just trying to point out what disappoints me with the pilot whale and "dolphin".  I'll have to see pictures of the actual figures before I make my decision on them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:13 pm

If the dolphin is a spinner dolphin than i want him too sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SilkySky

SilkySky

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Hooray for the first pictures of 2014! It is my favourite time of year, and the only time I seem to post, haha. Safari always seems to have a good variety of figures, but there aren't that many fantasy creatures this year.
I must admit that I am only charmed by the Wyvern and the Good Luck Dragon. They are both wonderfully sculpted, and for everyone wondering what the Good Luck Dragon is based on, I am sure it must be the Luck Dragon Falcor from the NeverEnding Story!

Also depending on the scale, I will probably buy the dachshund as it is the same type of dog I grew up with.I love you Looking forward to seeing these models in stores!
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:05 pm

I'm thinking that's what it is, it looks nothing like a bottlenose dolphin. I wonder why Safari didn't say what species it is?

widukind wrote:
If the dolphin is a spinner dolphin than i want him too sunny sunny sunny 
Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 9:50 pm

MartinH wrote:
Well I have to say... I´m dissapointed with news for 2014 :/ Mostly new coloring on old models or resize WW animals Rolling Eyes scratch 

Oh My affraid  God, these are beautiful !!! bounce bounce
Safari revisits his animals and does so beautifully. The European hedgehog makes me think that Safari starts to propose the European fauna.
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 pm

MartinH wrote:
Well I have to say... I´m dissapointed with news for 2014 :/ Mostly new coloring on old models or resize WW animals Rolling Eyes scratch 

I think the new figures for 2014 are not fantastics but I like the gould finsh.Very Happy 

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 pm

After the pics... My two cents Wink 

I'm very pleased like most of us (all ?) with the Anhinga, Peccary and Gila monster of course Applause 

I think I will jump on the deep sea creatures toob and I am very happy to see the new Thresher shark, IMHO it is better than the previous one.

The raven and Gouldian finch are very interesting too.

About the black rhino, I like very much the dynamic pose, i can't tell about the smiling face because I will need more pics to have an idea. The bad point for me is more the legs than the head, they are really thick Shocked 

About the new Hippo and Giant panda, I'm VERY pleased to see some smaller copies of the WW models. I often read Collectors complaining that WW are excellent but too big and I think SAFARI Ltd listened to us. The WW giant panda is still one of my favorite panda with some Japanese models and the WW hippo is a fantastic piece drunken  I wish their bonzais will be excellent too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:45 am

Kikimalou wrote:
After the pics... My two cents Wink 

I'm very pleased like most of us (all ?) with the Anhinga, Peccary and Gila monster of course Applause 

I think I will jump on the deep sea creatures toob and I am very happy to see the new Thresher shark, IMHO it is better than the previous one.

The raven and Gouldian finch are very interesting too.

About the black rhino, I like very much the dynamic pose, i can't tell about the smiling face because I will need more pics to have an idea. The bad point for me is more the legs than the head, they are really thick Shocked 

About the new Hippo and Giant panda, I'm VERY pleased to see some smaller copies of the WW models. I often read Collectors complaining that WW are excellent but too big and I think SAFARI Ltd listened to us. The WW giant panda is still one of my favorite panda with some Japanese models and the WW hippo is a fantastic piece drunken  I wish their bonzais will be excellent too Very Happy
Very agreed with you Christophe. I will add the raven on the first 'like' list and also the deep cave toob too.

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 am

I like the crow or Raven and the panda maybe quite nice, if it looks like the WW one.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
About the new Hippo and Giant panda, I'm VERY pleased to see some smaller copies of the WW models. I often read Collectors complaining that WW are excellent but too big and I think SAFARI Ltd listened to us.
I think that I even wrote here a while ago that I'd love to see a smaller version of WW panda :) I don't collect wildlife anymore (otherwise I'd buy it for sure!) but I'm happy to see this model!

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
pm64

pm64

Country/State : Firenze,Italy

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Thanks for posting the safari news! Oh my ! Peccary is my nr 1 !! I have been waiting for so long...I think I ll buy the gila of course, the ahninga, the thresher shark which I did not buy before and even I have so many I ma afraid I will also buy the black rhino and the hippo + the pandas ,very well made...I also like the deep sea tube even though I ll probably go for the kayodo one...and yes ..maybe the raven too even resembling more a gargoyle....
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:01 pm

I also wanted to point out that the pilot whale doesn't have the "markings" that an actual pilot whale has:

Notice the white stripes just behind the eye that extends to the dorsal fin. Also notice the white patch behind the dorsal fin. I'm aware that there are two species of pilot whale, the long-finned and short finned. Like CollectA's, Safari's seems to be a short finned and both species have the markings, but they vary from individual to individual. CollectA's does have the marking I'm talking ahout:

I think the overall color of Safari's should be a darker color, more like a gray-black. I'm hoping the figure will get modified before it gets released.

orcagirl26 wrote:
Only the bowhead whale, thresher shark, and gila monster all look like something I'd get. I'm disappointed with the pilot whale and "dolphin". What's up with the pilot whale's upper jaw and melon?! (the part of the head that sticks out) Suspect I know it's shorter than the lower jaw but Safari's looks as if it ran into something.

The body doesn't look anything like a pilot whale's either, it looks like he has no definition to it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What species is the new dolphin? As I said in my previous post, it doesn't look like a bottlenose dolphin, but either a spinner dolphin or a rough-toothed dolphin:

Spinner dolphin:

Rough-toothed dolphin:

I apologize for all the pictures, just trying to point out what disappoints me with the pilot whale and "dolphin".  I'll have to see pictures of the actual figures before I make my decision on them.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 4:38 am

I agree with you Orcagirl. Safari Ltd is often a "precise" company and we could expect a better painted (at least) Pilot whale and more informations about the dolphin and the hedgehog for example scratch 
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi guys! I must say: I'm excited about nest year's line. Safari was, once, my favorite brand, but for 2, 3 years I've been purchasing fewer and fewer of its models. Next year will be different: three toobs seashells, cave dwellers (an Olm!!!!!!!!!! That's superb) and the deep sea creatures, the mosquito (yes, I collect insects Smile ), the peccary and the gila monster (two species I desire for a long time), the jellyfish (is so cute!) and, of course, the anhinga.
I'm quite pleased.

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Many cheers for the anhinga!!! The first one ever on the market, isn't it? (not counting Japanese brands, I mean).

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 2:11 am

I agree about their ocean figures looking a little odd. The bow head just has something that tells me it looks weird, though I can't pinpoint it yet. And the Dolphin species is driving me nuts! I do not think it can be a bottlenose, it has to be spinner in my opinion.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:32 am

PECCARY! PECCA-PECCA-PECCARY-RY-RY!
Whooooo (wait for it) HOO!
*does a happy peccary dance*
Seriously, though, I have wanted and wanted a peccary ever since I saw one at the zoo way back in like, the 80's. One of my all time most favorite animals, and, once again, BAM! Safari Ltd delivers!
And a Megalodon! And that superb finch! And the European hedgehog! And the black wolf! All fantstic models. Yup. I'm gonna go broke this year, but it'll be so worth it! I've had a lot going on in my life lately, as has anyone who's been watching the news lately, but this made my night! I hope I can get everything straightened out in my personal life soon, and get back to collecting again.
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I agree with you Orcagirl. Safari Ltd is often a "precise" company and we could expect a better painted (at least) Pilot whale and more informations about the dolphin and the hedgehog for example scratch 
Thank you Smile 

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I agree about their ocean figures looking a little odd. The bow head just has something that tells me it looks weird, though I can't pinpoint it yet. And the Dolphin species is driving me nuts! I do not think it can be a bottlenose, it has to be spinner in my opinion.
I still say it's a spinner dolphin, if it's a bottlenose I really don't know what to think about it. I just don't know why they never mention a species, it just says "dolphin" scratch 
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:38 am

Thanks so much Takama! The only toob for 2014 I think I'll be getting is the deep sea life set and maybe the cryptozoology toob for my prehistoric collections (Loch ness,Coelocanth) and that furry fish? scratch for either of my fish collections.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 12:41 am

I am sorta disappointed with the prehistoric items for this year.Only large animals which I don't like too much. Sad The only satisfying toob is perhaps the deep sea toob.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:42 am

Yes, I have a similar question QuollMate, does anyone know what the furry looking white fish in the Cryptids toob is?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:49 am

Ah, that'd be the legendary "furred trout" from the American north, if
memory serves. Unlike the giant squid and the coelocanth, the "furred trout" has never bern proven or caught...yet.
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Disappointed with Safari Ltd 2014 at all?    Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 8:38 pm

I am somewhat disappointed,but I think it is more me than the company itself.Safari's figures for the following year look good,but I am disappointed because they haven't really made any figures within my region.Meaning,not a lot of interesting things for my collections.I collect prehistoric,birds,and sea life.I might only buy the sea she'll toob for decorative purposes on my coral reef,and I will also buy the deep sea toob.I have taken he cryptids toob into consideration because it contains a Loch Ness and coelocanth which I could use for my prehistoric collection.As for birds,if the wings of the world and that new colorful finch are small enough,I will add those to my birds collection.If anyone can provide me with sizes of the new birds,I will be grateful.I have also taken collecting the Wings of the World series into consideration,most of their birds are small enough.If anyone could provide me photos of the WotW complete series,I would like that as well.I want to collect some of their smaller birds.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Emma, honestly and although you explain, I can't understand why you're disappointed with Safari 2014 line. Of course I respect your oppinion and you are the only person that knows your real wishes and expectations.
So see! Prehistorics you have the Carnegie T-Rex, Evolution of Man, Monolophosaurus, Pachyrhinosaurus, Suchomimus, Megalodon and Ammonite.
From sea life and fishes the deep sea, Cave Dwellers, Seashells and Cryptozoology toobs, IC piranha and the two prehistoric sea animals previously listed, the Dolphin, thresher shark, jellyfish , bowhead whale and pilot whale,
Birds you have IC gouldian finch, anhinga and raven and all of this not counting with good luck minis.
I doubt any other brand will give you as much as Safari is. scratch Very Happy
Of course Incredible Creatures are large figures, they use to be. So Piranha and finch will be surely large for you.
About pictures of the wonderful WOW series from Safari you have the following link of Toy Animal Enclyclopedia
Click here! and a fantastic topic, also with Susanne's pictures about the line.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] flower

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next