Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5

Go down 
+57
Dorkan
JonasV
Bloodrayne
LeeAnn
krista
The-Toy-Chest
nyarlahotep
Defteros
Tiermann
shadoweon
bjarki12
quagga
arafan
Sergey
QuollMate
Gulogulo76
Kiryuha
ze_neto
pm64
HKHollinstone
LukaLeon085
SilkySky
Deseo
cattlecollector
PeGe
SommoDracorex
lucky luke
Carola
ken yeo
SeanieP
Ana
75senta75
jarda
schleich61
MartinH
posttenebraslux
weaselfan93
sphyrna18
Deanmo19
gogo1004
Joan Milelire
bojan
ReinbowSchleich
MARTINLATIN
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
Takama
trevok4
Florian
scot(t)
orcagirl26
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
SUSANNE
AlopexLagopus
Juan Andrés
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Quote :

welcome back☀ sunny 
Thank you :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 7:59 pm

I received the 2014 catalog in the mail today. Very nice. It's clear they are being conservative with the larger animals, but they do take some risks with the toob animals the make. Some fun and interesting species there.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Tierman is right Safari does take a faithful leap every year so it's pretty good for me as a all out small animal collector.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Roger wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
I recently emailed Safari about the species of the 2014 dolphin and they say it's a bottlenose dolphin Neutral 
Thanks Orcagirl, I was also interested in knowing. :)
It looks according with your judgement of the figure that it doesn't match very well a bottlenose dolphin, I suppose the common. Though there is some variation between individuals and it makes me really unsuccessful identifying them. Very Happy
I apologize, I only saw this now Embarassed But you're welcome :) To me, it looks like a spinner dolphin. I don't know why Safari would release another bottlenose dolphin scratch It seems as if they are too afraid to release a different species for fear that it won't sell. But you never know unless you try.
You don't need to apologize, there is always a lot of topics to watch and sometimes we take longer to check a certain post and even sometimes we loose it. Very Happy
Choosing unusual species that bear similarities to a common species is never a risk in terms of sales.
A North African hedgehog doesn't sell less than a European hedgehog. Children will just buy it as a hedgehog.
The same with some dolphin species, if there isn't a evident coloring difference, it will sell generically as a dolphin. That is one of the few aspects where Schleich is being interesting these last years, they released an African hedgehog, mountain hare and an African penguin because they work easily as generically recognizable animals. :)

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 10:56 pm

Roger wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Roger wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
I recently emailed Safari about the species of the 2014 dolphin and they say it's a bottlenose dolphin Neutral 
Thanks Orcagirl, I was also interested in knowing. :)
It looks according with your judgement of the figure that it doesn't match very well a bottlenose dolphin, I suppose the common. Though there is some variation between individuals and it makes me really unsuccessful identifying them. Very Happy
I apologize, I only saw this now Embarassed But you're welcome :) To me, it looks like a spinner dolphin. I don't know why Safari would release another bottlenose dolphin scratch It seems as if they are too afraid to release a different species for fear that it won't sell. But you never know unless you try.
You don't need to apologize, there is always a lot of topics to watch and sometimes we take longer to check a certain post and even sometimes we loose it. Very Happy
Choosing unusual species that bear similarities to a common species is never a risk in terms of sales.
A North African hedgehog doesn't sell less than a European hedgehog. Children will just buy it as a hedgehog.
The same with some dolphin species, if there isn't a evident coloring difference, it will sell generically as a dolphin. That is one of the few aspects where Schleich is being interesting these last years, they released an African hedgehog, mountain hare and an African penguin because they work easily as generically recognizable animals. :)
I agree with Roger, animals have variations in body structure, just humans. However, I also agree with Orcagirl26, the proportions seem extremely odd and exaggerated for this particular figure. scratch 
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:57 am

The black wolf looks like a simple repaint and the black rhino legs are way out of proportion, too bad.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 7:35 am

Tiermann wrote:
I received the 2014 catalog in the mail today. Very nice. It's clear they are being conservative with the larger animals, but they do take some risks with the toob animals the make. Some fun and interesting species there.
I agree for toobs Tim. However, even if Safari Ltd was more inventive in the past I can see some new things this year: A bowhead whale, a peccary, an anhinga, a Gila monster and a Gouldian finch. The last peccary I can remembered is the STARLUX...
Even the crow, jellyfish, Pilot whale, Thresher shark are not common in the toy market.

About the Panda and hippo WW bonzaïs, It was a very common collectors' wish in the past, it means Safari Ltd is listening Wink 

I think we are expecting more good things from this big brand and I guess the CollectA wave of 2013 is in everyone's mind.
Back to top Go down
nyarlahotep

Country/State : kentucky

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm not the biggest Safari fan, but they make some of the best rhino figures out there. The hippo and peccary look pretty good, too.
Back to top Go down
The-Toy-Chest

The-Toy-Chest

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 pm

WHY does the cryptozoology toob contain a coelacanth (that we KNOW exists) and a jackalope (that we know DOES NOT exist)?? I thought cryptozoology creatures were animals that we are unsure of whether they exist or not?

With that aside, I do want that cute little coelacanth. I have Safari's bigger coelacanth model and I love it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://the-toy-chest.deviantart.com/
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:52 pm

The-Toy-Chest wrote:
WHY does the cryptozoology toob contain a coelacanth (that we KNOW exists) and a jackalope (that we know DOES NOT exist)??  I thought cryptozoology creatures were animals that we are unsure of whether they exist or not?

With that aside, I do want that cute little coelacanth.  I have Safari's bigger coelacanth model and I love it!
The Coelacanth is a well-known cryptid that was found to actually exist. The Jackalope was originally a hoax that was believed by many to be real, until the hoax was proven. Much like selling narwhal tusks as unicorn horns for outrageous prices, unscrupulous "businessmen" would taxidermy "Jackalopes" and sell them as oddities for pretty decent prices.

The Coelacanth and the Jackalope actually do a good job of representing the full spectrum of Cryptid possibilities: some prove to be hoaxes, others actually exist. The goal of Cryptozoologists is to determine which are which; to debunk myths and bring actual, biological specimens to the attention of science.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:57 pm

The-Toy-Chest wrote:
WHY does the cryptozoology toob contain a coelacanth (that we KNOW exists) and a jackalope (that we know DOES NOT exist)??  I thought cryptozoology creatures were animals that we are unsure of whether they exist or not?

With that aside, I do want that cute little coelacanth.  I have Safari's bigger coelacanth model and I love it!
It's ok it doesn't matter because we all love the coelocanth!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:20 am

[quote="The-Toy-Chest"]WHY does the cryptozoology toob contain a coelacanth (that we KNOW exists) and a jackalope (that we know DOES NOT exist)??  I thought cryptozoology creatures were animals that we are unsure of whether they exist or not?quote]
Actually, it has been determined that the Jackalope does exist to an extant. There is a disease running around the south west deserts right now in cottontail populations that causes them to grow darkly colored calcium (I think its calcium scratch ) deposits on their faces and head. It gives them the appearance of horns, which may the myth behind the Jackalope in the West stories. Try googling Jackalope and sift through the pics of doctored and/or taxidermist renditions of the Jackalope for weird rabbits with growths on their faces. It's quite scary and weird at the same time. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:24 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The-Toy-Chest wrote:
WHY does the cryptozoology toob contain a coelacanth (that we KNOW exists) and a jackalope (that we know DOES NOT exist)??  I thought cryptozoology creatures were animals that we are unsure of whether they exist or not?quote]
Actually, it has been determined that the Jackalope does exist to an extant. There is a disease running around the south west deserts right now in cottontail populations that causes them to grow darkly colored calcium (I think its calcium :scratch: ) deposits on their faces and head. It gives them the appearance of horns, which may the myth behind the Jackalope in the West stories. Try googling Jackalope and sift through the pics of doctored and/or taxidermist renditions of the Jackalope for weird rabbits with growths on their faces. It's quite scary and weird at the same time. e:)
I've read that same information too. After that I never liked the Jackalopes (you know, when people create their original characters and stuff).

And as for the new figures, the only figure I really want is the black wolf. If it's the same scale as other Safari/Schleich wolves (and not the VW scale).

I also like the good luck dragon, because it's clearly inspired by Falcor from the Neverending Story! Though it has too many legs, but.. :D

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:20 pm

If you look at the full 2014 catalog (other link), they updated the color to the former female hippo and calf--they are now more realistic in terms of color, vs the battleship gray! Applause They match the new male hippo.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Oddly, Safari has already released some of their 2014 figures. I received the Raven and the Suchomimus recently (I ordered them straight from Safari Ltd in Florida.) I haven't yet taken pictures of the Suchomimus, but I was especially smitten with the Raven. I thought it was better in person than it appeared in the stock photos.

Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 10:59 pm

H and H Winner's Circle has the new 2014 releases and a few sellers on eBay have them too.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 11:01 pm

Congrats again Scott! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:20 am

Thank for the news  sunny sunny 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Could you please post pics of the Suchomimus? Very Happy 
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
Could you please post pics of the Suchomimus? Very Happy 
Thanks.

Here you go Juan:

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:36 pm

Could you make a walkaround Scott ? I would like to see more details, especially the face  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Very nice:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Could you make a walkaround Scott ? I would like to see more details, especially the face  Suspect 

Hi Christophe, yes, I'll try to do that sometime this week. (the semester is ending and I'm a bit swamped with finals and grading, but I should be able to do that soon.) In the meantime, here is one more picture. It is from a different angle than the first picture I put up, which is pretty much the same as the stock photograph.

Frankly, in person the figure looks pretty much exactly the way you'd expect it to from the Stock Photograph. The only surprise, for me, was that the face on my figure is crooked -- specifically, the jaws wouldn't meet if the mouth were closed. But I expect that this is peculiar to my copy. The head and face is the least impressive part of the figure. (Actually, I wasn't particularly wowed by the Suchomimus. But that's just me. I thought that the Diabloceratops and the Gryposaurus from 2013 were much more impressive.)

Back to top Go down
trevok4

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:07 pm

wow its very colourful

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:49 pm

He's a little darker than what I expected, but still better than the old suchomimus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next