Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5

Go down 
+57
Dorkan
JonasV
Bloodrayne
LeeAnn
krista
The-Toy-Chest
nyarlahotep
Defteros
Tiermann
shadoweon
bjarki12
quagga
arafan
Sergey
QuollMate
Gulogulo76
Kiryuha
ze_neto
pm64
HKHollinstone
LukaLeon085
SilkySky
Deseo
cattlecollector
PeGe
SommoDracorex
lucky luke
Carola
ken yeo
SeanieP
Ana
75senta75
jarda
schleich61
MartinH
posttenebraslux
weaselfan93
sphyrna18
Deanmo19
gogo1004
Joan Milelire
bojan
ReinbowSchleich
MARTINLATIN
Silver Unicornis
Kikimalou
Takama
trevok4
Florian
scot(t)
orcagirl26
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
SUSANNE
AlopexLagopus
Juan Andrés
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Carnegie Trex
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wild safri dinosaurs
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Incredible Creatures

Wildlife Wonders
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Wild Life

Marine Life

North American wildlife

Wings of the World
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Cave dwellers toob

Deep Sea creatures toob

shells Toob

Cryptozoology toob
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:09 pm

663816 Evolution of Man

661416 Life Cycle of a Stag Beetle

662616 Life Cycle of a Mosquito

663916 Life Cycle of an Ant
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:11 pm

The cave dwellers are also not bad Very Happy 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 1:22 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers 

Andreas, - there you have ( almost? ) your Anhinga and Peccary and deep sea fish Very Happy 

Safari is going to ruin me next year bounce bounce cheers

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm VERY disappointed with Winners Circle - there's not even one new mould! Only colour variants :/ I know there will be people happy with them, but I'm a "mould" person, not a "colour variant" person...

I love IC hedgehog and piglet! Simply adorable!

I also love WOW Anhinga, it's sculpture looks amazing.
But the raven could be a lot better - those feathers look more like scales (IC Screech owl also had these - that's the only reason I didn't buy it)...

And I absolutely ADORE Good Luck Dragon! He's cute, though I haven't heard of six-legged Eastern dragon (who knows, maybe there's such dragon in Eastern mythology). I'm buying him for sure!

Generally, I'm not impressed, lots of recolours, most of new moulds is just "meh" for me - Safari can do better, I think. Or maybe it's just me getting very choosy and grumpy Laughing 

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Wow thanks for sharing these! I love when we get to see the next years releases from the brand--exciting. I agree with Anna that the rhino is kinda weird looking--it may be its facial expression--but I like his running stance. The hippo is a long awaited surprise. Much better color however still another hippo with his mouth wide open. I like the Mojo one because its mouth is not open. I like the chimp minis. Safari seems to be creating species that are not well known, which is good.

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 5:36 pm

The Rhino got a smiling face, perhaps can fine tune it. Looking forward for Hippo!

Thanks for sharing

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Thank you for sharing cheers 

As a horse person, I'm not impressed, and one is just a repaint of the palomino, which I think has better colour design already.

Neverteless, looks good for the wildlife cat 

And an Ikarus figurine - nice Wink 

weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Safari ltd   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:11 pm

The anhinga and peccary are awesome. Unfortunately I will buy none of these since 2013 is my last year collecting. Sad 
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Wow, I love the information and images, Thank you!
I'll be happy to get anhinga, raven and cheers peccary
Perhaps even the gila monster and hippo?

cheers bounce drunken Applause Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 6:41 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
The anhinga and peccary are awesome. Unfortunately I will buy none of these since 2013 is my last year collecting. Sad 
question 
You will stop collecting?!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:06 pm

So, now that I have had some time to look at things some more, I realize that a few of the figures are copies. All of this is just my opinion, and I understand that they can save money etc by reusing figures, but really? half of their "regular" sized range is just repaints and smaller versions of things. As mentioned before, I will probably get the brahma because I missed it the first time it was out, the rhino isn't a total copy of the WW one but there are only minor differences and yes, it looks funny to me too. I won't get the pandas since I have seen better, the hippo I actually like even if it is a copy since their older one was well... old. I don't usually collect their horses (due to every collector has to pick and choose their battles etc) but I am disappointed that they were so lazy and did not come out with a single new mold this year. I do like their releases overall, I just wish that they could try to be a little more creative... :) 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:39 pm

These are the ones that I'll surely buy:

688904 Cryptozoology Designer Toob
687804 Cave Dwellers Toob
688104 Deep Sea Creatures Toob
688804 Seashells Toob
302729 Pachyrhinosaurus
302929 Suchomimus
303429 Ammonite
180629 Peccary
180729 Gila Monster
180929 White Buffalo
150129 Anhinga
150829 Raven

And a few comments on 2014 Safari Ltd. line:

In general, I like the 2014 line most of the 2013 one.
As already mentioned, there are very common animals along with some surprise.
The Carnegie Tyrannosaurus is definitely one of the best currently available (excluding Japan ones, of course Cool), but I don't really like it... the tail looks too thin and short, and the legs have a columnar shape. And then, why no feathers?! Shocked
I really like the other prehistoric animals, especially Suchomimus and Ammonite, but I don't understand the choice of Megalodon... it looks exactly the same as a normal Great White Shark, and it's not even the best that Safari released.
The WW Black Wolf is a real disappointment. Why spoil a beautiful line with a repaint? I find it a bit a punch in the eye of the line. Safari is a bit too far with white/black repaints, middle of the last year line were re-painted animals!
Wild animals don't impress me. A few releases as usual in recent years, and this time are really well-known species. The Black Rhino looks really weird, I don't like it at all. Hippo and Pandas are cute, even if they are equal to WW ones. I've never really excited when I see released so common species, there are already so many good of them out there and I don't see need to release others.
Marine animals are good, even if Bowhead Whale will have a great rival in CollectA one. Pilot Whale is pretty, but CollectA one beat it.
The American animals are a great surprise, I love them. Also the White Buffalo is on my wish list, it's very cheering that he's a resculpt and not a repaint. Very Happy
Even the birds are great.
Now, the part that I enjoy most every year are the toobs. This year they are very interesting: the abyssal creatures are magnificent, and also the cave animals. I didn't understand, however, why they are colored in that strange way... or is it their true color? Suspect The cryptozoology creatures disappointed me a lot. There were so many beautiful creatures that they could have chosen, as the Chupacabras, marmaids, Montauk's Monster and many others, and instead chose two clearly fake animals, two almost equal to each other, one existing animal and the others are not very beautiful. The Kraken is really bad, I would have preferred a small copy of their Giant Squid. The only one that I really like is the coelacanth, that is not a cryptid creature.
In any case, I tried to explain in particular the negative aspects, but I'm very happy with this line. Wink
cheers

SeanieP

SeanieP

Country/State : Woburn (Boston), MA US

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 7:45 pm

I think the hedgehog is an African Hedgehog if I am not mistaken.

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Am i the only one uber-excited about the Jackalope in the crypto toob? Whoo hoo! And before anyone wonders whether they are cryptids: they were, but obviously turned out to be a hoax.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:51 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:
and also the cave animals. I didn't understand, however, why they are colored in that strange way... or is it their true color?
Creature living deep in caves live in complete darkness, so they don't need colours, as they wouldn't see them anyway - that's why they usually have no (or very tiny) eyes and no (or veeery little) pigment e:)I think it's also a way of saving energy which isn't wasted on production of unnecessary pigment.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:29 pm

I have a mostly same criticisms and compliments that others have already made (more effectively) above. As Paige and Sommo have pointed out, it's really too bad they are recycling some of the same sculpts. That's pretty uninspired to those of us who are collectors. I also agree that the Megalodon seems like a waste. (Unless it's the length of my arm...but even then.) I'll get the Dachshund, since they are my favorite dogs, but it is not wowing me. I would have loved to have seen a really impressive dachshund. So that's a missed opportunity. The Rhino is just weird and the Panda and Hippo leave me cold.

Things I like: As I already mentioned, I love the Carnegie Tyrannosaurus.

The birds are great. I like both the Raven and the Anhinga especially. The Peccary and the White Buffalo are really lovely. (I'd almost prefer they paint the Buffalo normally as well, but the white version looks great.) Although the Wild Safari Dinosaurs aren't blowing me away (I really loved the Gryposaurus and Dimorphodon from this year), they look good. And that's about it for me.

As Yvette and Anna wrote above, it seems like the Anhinga and the Peccary are the best. So for me, I will get the Anhinga, Raven, Peccary, Buffalo, and Tyrannosaurus, for sure. I am very excited about those models!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 9:44 pm

The "smaller wildlife wonders" panda is still the best panda sculpt around. Peccary and piranha might be great. The sealife creatures and the gila look cheap. Medieval raven sculpt looks like made of stone. The toobs are great! i LOVe the mosquito life cycle, the cave dwellers are a must-have, same with the bigfoot club and the deep sea creatures. The finch is a good one as well.

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 11:40 pm

MartinH wrote:
Well I have to say... I´m dissapointed with news for 2014 :/ Mostly new coloring on old models or resize WW animals Rolling Eyes scratch 
I agree with you. Sad Sad

The piglet definitely belongs in the incredible creatures column!! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Deseo

Deseo

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 12:15 am

I like those new dogs. Dachshund and Yorkie are not so uncommon breeds but at least they are new sculpts not repaints. I'll buy them for sure Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:07 am

I bet they probably made a Megalodon because of the popular TV series on Discovery Channel "Shark Week" this past summer. They had a special on Megalodon, and yes it is basically a HUGE great white. I hope they made it a larger model at the very least. Otherwise, it was a tiny bit of a wasted effort.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 7:14 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I bet they probably made a Megalodon because of the popular TV series on Discovery Channel "Shark Week" this past summer. They had a special on Megalodon, and yes it is basically a HUGE great white. I hope they made it a larger model at the very least. Otherwise, it was a tiny bit of a wasted effort.
They apparently made it by request, regardless of the Discovery Channel special. At least that's my understanding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5   Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd 2014 - Pictures and list on page 5
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next