Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti

Go down 
+60
rogerpgvg
George
Jill
Taos
Burgerenby
Bonnie
lucky luke
Advicot
landrover
onatello
AnoekG
75senta75
Drakulka
Rakel
Anne from Norway
leonbenefit
*Valencia Stables*
trovalsa
Midnight wolf stables
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
pipsxlch
DestrierModels
sadie3112
Phexedrine
SUSANNE
JonasV
A.R.Garcia
koniminiatures
Dark Pegasus
Silver Unicornis
costicuba
Gwaine
MiniZoo
Sassyscribbler
Kikimalou
Shanti
Wilorvise
ulinuk
boba_jagoda
Jetty
animalluvr6
Thitanium Prince
Dum_my
Cyhyraeth
Tarunyada
Bloodrayne
A-J
Bonobo
Miss Jane
NightLioness
Carola
Saarlooswolfhound
Fisva
HKHollinstone
Elros Alvar
SyLoBe
Roger
Ana
LeeAnn
widukind
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Thank you!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 8:41 pm

This is INCREDIBLE affraid

I can see him moving, he is that realistic !!! bounce Applause

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:30 pm

yeahhh, this is realy icredible. Wonderful model with great paint job.

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 8:44 am

A feast on the eyes to get up to date on your thread again.. I cannot say how I enjoy those tiny halters and bridles in particular. I'd very much like to ask you a few questions about the supplies you've found for them, but I'm not certain if you'd prefer to keep such details to yourself..?

The baby bay pair are splendid too - those softly grey legs.. I don't usually care much for foal models, but Union Jack I like. He looks very handsome in bay.

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 1:31 pm

Thank you very much friends!!! cheers cheers

@koniminiatures: Actually, there is no big secret about the tack. For Stablemate size everything is handmade from wire. Just ask your question/s! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Lovely to hear you might not mind sharing - I didn't want to pry offhand in case you'd prefer to keep some "trade secrets". The main things I've been wondering about are these:

- Do you have readymade flat wire to bend the metal buckle keepers out of, or do you too need to hammer it flat from plain round wire first?

- What in the world do you create the stitch marks at this tiny scale with? I know of overstitch wheels, but have never come by one sufficiently tiny for 1:32.

- That decorative buckle on the western show halter. How in the world..? Laughing Do you cut it from metal sheet with snips as a kind of figure-8, then press together the gaps - or somehow punch the slots for the strap to pass through into a solid piece of sheeted metal..?

And let me just say it again, your tack quite beggars belief. Your creating the tack items in this diminutive size in itself is enough to amaze me, but the way you manage to keep things in scale and ever so detailed approaches sorcery. I keep coming back to ogle and admire, but still don't quite understand how in the world you manage it. Amazing skill!

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:45 pm

I am happy to help! :)

The wire: no, it's just plain wire and I use pliers to flatten the buckle parts. For this I have pliers just for this use, not allowed to do anything else with it (told my husband - don't touch! Laughing ) Like this one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I use just the very front part of it and it has to be accurate, even and no scratches or whatever in these parts of the pliers. Know what I mean?

The stitch marks are made with a mini overstitch wheel, have to check the brand. But it is not easy getting the stitchmark on the tiny leather laces after all….

The decorative buckles are bent from wire again. After finishing the buckle I  use the above mentioned pliers squeezing tiny bents into the wire with just a bit of the very top corner part of the pliers. Work around the tiny buckle and you have a somewhat decorated buckle. :) The hard part is holding the buckle in your hand… Rolling Eyes Don't know how many buckles must hide beneath my work table.. lol!

I hope I explained it halfway understandable? flower
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 9:27 pm

This certainly helps, you've explained it very understandably indeed! Seems you've found a much smarter way of flattening wire - I've lightly hammered it on my trusty mini anvil before, but that tends to tire the metal so that it becomes prone to fracturing when bent into angled loops. I'll try just squashing it in the future, if I can find good pliers like you've done.

I would be most grateful of the brand for the mini-mini oversticth wheel - I've tried and tried, but have never come across one suitably small. The best I've got is doing each row twice with a too-large one, and trying to get the 2nd stitch marks to go exactly between the first set. True, with lace that thin (hell, I'm working on 1:24 scale and it's still terrible) it must be very careful work indeed.

Thank you very much for these tips! Perhaps one day I, too, will dare foray into 1:32... I'd be happy just to manage 1:24 reasonably, though. Rolling Eyes My million buckles hiding under the desk send their best regards to your similar ones!

JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 11:57 am

Amazing work and photos again Shanti!!! You're so talented drunken cheers
I cant pick just one love them all!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 am

Your Union Jack is simply glorious! cheers

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 5:41 pm

Thanks again! Very Happy

Finished a little horse today, hope you like him! bounce
Tried to give him new eyes because I don't like the of-alien-eyes at all. The right eye looks better than the left eye... need some practice..  Rolling Eyes

Kasper
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Schleich Miniature horse von Allereirau auf Flickr

Schleich Shetty von Allereirau auf Flickr

A very intelligent pony, responses to hand signals!
Schleich Mini Shetty von Allereirau auf Flickr

Very curious!  Laughing

For comparison a "before and after" picture
Schleich Shetty before and after von Allereirau auf Flickr
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:14 pm

He looks so much better! Great work!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:05 pm

He was beautyful, but now he is STUNNING cheers

And so clever ! I am sure it is because he now lives in such wonderful surroundings Applause Applause

Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 9:09 pm

The eye improvement is very good !

Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Thank you LeeAnn, Susanne and Phexedrine! Very Happy

New Project, WIP-Picture Laughing Laughing

Dasy WIPCR von Allereirau auf Flickr
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Kasper is beautiful with his new eyes Applause Congratulation also for the first horse's bungee jump cheers
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:29 pm

Thank you @Kikimaou! :)

The foal has survived the bungee jump and is jumping over other obstacles now! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Dancing Daisy Resin by Allereirau, on Flickr

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Dancing Daisy by Kelly Savage by Allereirau, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 pm

Very beautiful foal! cheers And the photos, wonderful drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:25 pm

D'aww I love you the foal is just too cute
The picture is great too!

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Wowwwww....amazing paint job ! affraid Amazing !!!
Just love it ! cheers

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:35 am

And you survived painting another resin! cheers Wink Is this guy your own? He's stunning! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 6:52 am

Shocked Beautiful foal Shanti Applause

One day you should explain how you repainted him... A tutorial please I love you
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 9:16 am

Thank you friends! cheers Very Happy

@LeeAnn: This little girl belongs to the same friend as the Union Jack Resin. She asked me if I would paint this one too and so I did! :)

And please, it is a GIRL! Laughing And she has true tiny girl parts! Embarassed

@Kikimalou: Hmmm, Tutorial.. She has been painted with pastels, no secrets about that. But I will think about it next time I paint a horse ok? Smile
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 am

So realistic Shanti! Very Happy What a lucky friend you have and you have such talent with pastels cheers May I ask what the name of this resin is? Smile

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Shocked  Beautiful foal Shanti Applause

One day you should explain how you repainted him... A tutorial please I love you

Yeahhh cheers I also would like to see a tutorial with painting with pastels. :)))
I never try it before ...
Please Shanti, tray to do one for us sunny

PostSubject: Re: Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti   Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imaginary "Phoenix Ranch" / Customs by Shanti
Page 15 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next