Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D

Go down 
+19
NRiyaz
Dutch Bear
Wilorvise
Dum_my
Shanti
ulinuk
Tarunyada
Mgarat
SUSANNE
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Noémi
Ana
Roger
LeeAnn
Kikimalou
NightLioness
costicuba
A-J
sadie3112
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:41 pm

costicuba wrote:

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin wrote:
WONDERFUL, Kosta!
Can I know, did you use more dry brush on his face (almost like in the step 7)?

Thank you for asking Anasta :) Yes, I used dry brush, but only on some places, like the part from the eyes, to the nose.
But on the other plases, the brush was not dry. I just used, very small one..and I drown some extra hair..and like this, the colors are poured into each other :) I hope, you understood me.. :)
Yes, I understood Very Happy  Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 am

Hello again guys,
now I`m starting with the strips of this ``naked`` guy Very Happy
First , I`ll finish the head, making the  strips on the face and the black around the mouth.
So, here is not so much for explanation...I`ll just take the smallest brush...and I`ll follow some photos of real tigers. Before I started with the repaint, I downloaded many photos of tigers, so I can lurn for the specific things about the coloration of the tigers...as much as possible.

About the black color - like I said before, I`ll mix it with a little brown and a little ochre, so it will be not pure black..but still black Wink

Ok, see you in few hours Wink

..by the way, I`m sure, Susanne will not believe, that I`m awake so  early Very Happy ..I also don`t believe ... normally I wake up at lunch time Laughing

Last edited by costicuba on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 8:42 am

WOW ! Kosta online at 6:22 in the morning affraid
Good morning, rise and shine  sunny cheers

What a gorgeous, fantastic creature this cat is drunken
It is SO exiting to see what happens to Tiger Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 11:58 am

Haha...yeahhh, actually I didn`t go to sleep at all Laughing
I`m crazy...I even don`t know how I`m repainting now..but..is going very good so far afro
Outside is snowing so strong... yesterday was pretty warm...it seams, the weather is crazy just as me :)
Allright, I want to show you the finished head cheers

16. Head with strips :

Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 Image

:) I think is good ..What do you think? :)
Let me show it with small walkaround :

Hmm, what can I say for this step...?!? .. I`m trying to do the strips more natural..and I don`t make them just like lines, but I`m trying to make them with hair. I`m doing this with the smallest brush and it`s not so wet. Like this is easier to do some extra hair.
:) ...Next step is comming .. Wink

Last edited by costicuba on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 12:58 pm

What do I think ? I am completely stunned  Shocked
I just had to get away from the shreen to let a dog out, and comming back 20 seconds later, I thought it was a REAL tiger on the screen !!! A very, very beautyful real tiger cheers

But as a model Tiger is even better than a real tiger, because it has this special  Kostas-style Applause

I seriously don't know how you do it ! It is magic affraid cheers

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Now every color, shade and the eyes are coming together with the stripes.... OMG!!! affraid cheers
*faints*

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 2:07 pm

The real tiger is coming from my monitor affraid
Once I was drawing in all night and I fell asleep at 7 of morning. Then I understood that it's all bad when I... couldn't count my drawings XD
We have the sun now and +11... Modern Russia with her new crazy weather...
Thank you for sharing, Kosta!

'Til then I walk alone.

Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 Dsc_1112
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 pm

Ten times I look to these pics and I can't find something intelligent to say, just thinking I will looking again... And again drunken
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 6:28 pm

Yay stripes! cheers drunken

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 19, 2015 10:14 pm

:))
Thank you all...from me and Tigreko Very Happy
I`m doing it with good feelings, becouse it`s for a nice person :)

Anasta, one time, I was drawing for 72 hours, without sleeping affraid ... this was exactly 3 days and 3 nights.....After that , I was walking like a ghost.. pale ..I told you ..crazy Kosta Very Happy

Kiki, this was not only intelligent, but also very kind said :)
Thank you again everybody sunny

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 12:38 am

What I find more impressive is that we see it much larger on screen that it is in real and it keeps looking detailed and realistic! I see your crazy clock doesn't destroy your artistry, your work is more than fabulous, it is almost unbelievable!
Again another important point from your personality... you're saying that you feel much more motivated because it is for a very special person... that's priceless! cheers

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 am

costicuba wrote:

Anasta, one time, I was drawing for 72 hours, without sleeping  affraid ... this was exactly 3 days and 3 nights.....After that , I was walking like a ghost..  pale ..I told you ..crazy Kosta Very Happy
affraid Hope it worth it lol!
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Roger wrote:
What I find more impressive is that we see it much larger on screen that it is in real and it keeps looking detailed and realistic! I see your crazy clock doesn't destroy your artistry, your work is more than fabulous, it is almost unbelievable!
Again another important point from your personality... you're saying that you feel much more motivated because it is for a very special person... that's priceless! cheers

sunny Thank you very much Roger :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:09 pm

costicuba wrote:

Anasta, one time, I was drawing for 72 hours, without sleeping  affraid ... this was exactly 3 days and 3 nights.....After that , I was walking like a ghost..  pale ..I told you ..crazy Kosta Very Happy

Yeah.. Very Happy I was forced to do it, becouse this time I was student...and I had to finish the semester... I lot of work, only for 3 days.. :)

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 5:28 pm

costicuba wrote:
costicuba wrote:

Yeah.. Very Happy  I was forced to do it, becouse this time I was student...and I had to finish the semester... I lot of work, only for 3 days.. :)
Oh my god XD
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 7:10 pm

costicuba wrote:

What?!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid

Hahaha, this was actually an art performance on it's own, you should have been make a movie or any record about it, that would bring you fame in art world What a Face What a Face What a Face

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 am

Ana wrote:
costicuba wrote:

What?!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid affraid

Hahaha, this was actually an art performance on it's own, you should have been make a movie or any record about it, that would bring you fame in art world What a Face What a Face What a Face

Hahaha yeah... it`s true Laughing

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Thanks for the great topic! I really love your big cat repaints! drunken
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Thank you Noemi :)

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Guys, I need your help.
Talking for the strips....which tipe of tiger, I have to do this one ..?
Please , give me a hand :)

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 4:56 pm

My favourite stripes are Javan tiger's, but I can't imagine on a Papo tiger. Maybe a nice Amur, caspian or Bengalian coat?
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Thank`s Noemi.... I just think that the body of the amur tiger is a bit bigger and larger, then this on the Papo model... scratch

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:15 pm

You won't find model tiger with perfect anatomy. :)

South-China, Indochinese, Malayan, Sumatran, Javan and Balinese tigers are pretty, slim tigers. From these, only Sumatran has nice, long beard.

Siberian, Bengalian and Caspian tigers have stronger body.

These are my friends, you can check their heads:

Usanka - Amur tiger,
Lampun - Malayan tiger,
Iceboy - Bengal tiger,
Gio - Sumatran tiger.

Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 10986910
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:23 pm

Few body photo:

Malayan: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gorillahungary/13609872064/in/set-72157629501735954

Bengalian: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gorillahungary/8413480967/in/set-72157629501735954

Siberian: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gorillahungary/12742217235/in/set-72157629501735954
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 5:43 pm

cheers Thank you for the beautiful photos, links..and info :))

PostSubject: Re: Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D   Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Repainting a TIGER in ``Kosta`s style`` :D
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next