Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imperial creatures

Go down 
+13
Jill
Burgerenby
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
smilodoncalifornicus
Wilorvise
landrover
Tarunyada
Bowhead Whale
FluffySlipers
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Imperial creatures - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2021 - 2:50

Of course! With the skeletton in? Of course I'm interested. What would you like for trade?
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2021 - 4:00

Yes, the skeleton is in... I took a photo, but forgot to put it into Postimage, I will do so and edit it in. It will be happy to go to you after dealing with my dislike of soft rubber, no need to worry about trade at this time. I did edit out found items on my search list, but have to add new.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2021 - 5:20

How do you store your Imperial collection?
I always wonder what the safest way would be, considering that they contain a lot of lead.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2021 - 18:04

Burgerenby wrote:
How do you store your Imperial collection?
I always wonder what the safest way would be, considering that they contain a lot of lead.

For now, I am ashamed to tell you that because my lack of space, they are, for now, in an ungraceful pile. I do intend to display them in a more proper way, someday, because they are precious to me.

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 18:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2021 - 18:07

pipsxlch wrote:
Yes, the skeleton is in... I took a photo, but forgot to put it into Postimage, I will do so and edit it in. It will be happy to go to you after dealing with my dislike of soft rubber, no need to worry about trade at this time. I did edit out found items on my search list, but have to add new.

Ah! But I won't feel good until I trade it for something else! What would you like?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 6 Jul 2021 - 21:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here is the 1977 Imperial Tyrannosaurus I received via mail this morning. As you can see, its hands have two fingers and are very different from the black 1977 Megalosaurus' four-fingered hands. That means, to me, that Imperial, even in the 1970's, knew the difference between Megalosaurus and Tyrannosaurus. At least basically.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 0:31

Interesting, it looks like it is protecting a coin as it was its egg.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 3:44

Here is the sad saggy baggy Parasaurolophus. Laughing
And really, you may have him.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 3:52

I love that you have such a devotion to this brand. Your very first post just blew me away, I have seen and owned Imperial animals all my life and definitely did not know that amazing history of the company.

I remember one Christmas my parents bought a whole slew of the wildlife - zebra, gorilla, giraffe, tiger, lion, wolf, etc etc, I see many of them in this thread. They hid them around the house and that was part of my Christmas, finding them all. I wish I still had any of them, because it's such a precious memory now.

Anyway, I don't have any helpful information, just wanted to say I think this thread is really interesting! I was never much into the dinosaurs, but it's great to see them so appreciated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I described a horse I got in the mail today as "morose" but I see now that I hardly began to understand the word until seeing this guy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 21:11

Jill wrote:
I love that you have such a devotion to this brand. Your very first post just blew me away, I have seen and owned Imperial animals all my life and definitely did not know that amazing history of the company.

I remember one Christmas my parents bought a whole slew of the wildlife - zebra, gorilla, giraffe, tiger, lion, wolf, etc etc, I see many of them in this thread. They hid them around the house and that was part of my Christmas, finding them all. I wish I still had any of them, because it's such a precious memory now.

Anyway, I don't have any helpful information, just wanted to say I think this thread is really interesting! I was never much into the dinosaurs, but it's great to see them so appreciated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I described a horse I got in the mail today as "morose" but I see now that I hardly began to understand the word until seeing this guy. Laughing

Interestting story!
Yet, if you regret not having them anymore, there are a few on Ebay. Maybe you could get a few of them now from there?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 21:12

pipsxlch wrote:
Here is the sad saggy baggy Parasaurolophus. Laughing
And really, you may have him.

I like it! Very Happy

What do you think having a Safari ltd Dunkleosteus for trade? I have it in double.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 7 Jul 2021 - 21:13

Roger wrote:
Interesting, it looks like it is protecting a coin as it was its egg.

Laughing The coin is to show the size of the figure, of course. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 20:54

Hi! This morning, Imperial Skin And Bones Parasaurolophus arrived this morning. It is already on TAW. Our Imperial page is getting bigger and bigger!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 23:49

Congratulations Valérie! Imperial page is turning into an empire. Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptySat 21 Aug 2021 - 8:29

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptySat 21 Aug 2021 - 17:30

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Valérie! Imperial page is turning into an empire. Wink

I wish it did! Because Imperial released so many models throughout the years I feel we only have a tenth of them on Toy Animal Wiki. I have seen at least five generations of dinosaurs, a whole line of lizards from 1977, countless wild and farm animals in at least two sizes, and I'm not talking about the two other models of unicorns we don't have yet! This is why I sometimes wish there was more Imperial collectors in the forum. OK I know other members are doing a great job completing the major brands with the new models that are released every year, not question about that! And I'm also very happy that other companies pages get bigger, like Funrise thanks to Jill and Bonnie. But I feel I have a big part of the vintage companies part of the work in my hands. I don't know; maybe I'm the vintage companies expert, here! I'm like the Russians who had Venus all to ourselves back in the 1970's and 1980's, while the Americans putvall their attention to Mars. So, I provided almost everything about Imperial, Soma or NF, just like the Russians provided the very first photos of the surface of Venus. Maybe other members of the forum have other parts of TAW all to themselves as well...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022 - 22:15

Imperial 1985 Brontosaurus

Imperial 1976 Panoplosaurus

Hi!
No long ago, I bought on Ebay a set of Imperial dinosaurs in their original blister card. That blister card was dated 1996, but I recognized the models it released: those blister cards actually contained dinosaurs that were released in the past by the company, models from 1976, 1985 and 1987. Here are the Brontosaurus (a 1985 model) and the Panoplosaurus (a 1976 model). The dinosaurs as well as the blister card are now on TAW. Unfortunately, I saw that there was no page built for the species "Panoplosaurus". Can anyone please create a Panoplosaurus species page, please? Because this little Panoplosaurus is waiting to be included in its species page.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 0:28

Here is a page for Panoplosaurus on TAW. It is the only Panoplosaurus figure known so TAW was waiting for you.
Fantastic finds, congratulations!

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022 - 21:00

Roger wrote:
Here is a page for Panoplosaurus on TAW. It is the only Panoplosaurus figure known so TAW was waiting for you.
Fantastic finds, congratulations!

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Imperial lion   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 4:50

I saw this in an antiques mall, but it was too expensive ($10) for a figure I don't want myself. Didn't see it in TAW, so am posting this for general interest.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 16:28

Imperial is another elusive brand that pops up now and then ! Shocked

Thankyou for sharing Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 18:58

pipsxlch wrote:
I saw this in an antiques mall, but it was too expensive ($10) for a figure I don't want myself. Didn't see it in TAW, so am posting this for general interest.

I merged your post in this topic because here we compile all the information about Imperial.
I don't look often for Imperial figures on Ebay but they usually are relatively expensive. The brand seems to bear some reputation or there must be a reason for that.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptySun 1 May 2022 - 19:34

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyThu 5 May 2022 - 21:21

pipsxlch wrote:

It IS in TAW! It is the yellow and pink 1985 BRACHIOSAURUS! I posted the figure there myself, having bought it a few years ago in a flea market for 1$ or so. Go check again, you will see it.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 EmptyFri 6 May 2022 - 5:53

Ah, sorry the brachiosaur is so prominent- I should have pulled the lion out as it was my subject, but didn't want to get in trouble- I don't know if photos were allowed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial creatures
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next