Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Imperial creatures

Go down 
+13
Jill
Burgerenby
pipsxlch
bmathison1972
smilodoncalifornicus
Wilorvise
landrover
Tarunyada
Bowhead Whale
FluffySlipers
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Imperial creatures - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 9:41 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Ah, sorry the brachiosaur is so prominent- I should have pulled the lion out as it was my subject, but didn't want to get in trouble- I don't know if photos were allowed.

Oh! It's the LION you were talking about! I thought that lion was a AAA... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 9:43 pm

Roger wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:
I saw this in an antiques mall, but it was too expensive ($10) for a figure I don't want myself. Didn't see it in TAW, so am posting this for general interest.

I merged your post in this topic because here we compile all the information about Imperial.
I don't look often for Imperial figures on Ebay but they usually are relatively expensive. The brand seems to bear some reputation or there must be a reason for that.

That reason is mostly NOSTALGIA. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2022 8:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today, since I added my Dor Mei Styracosaurus on TAW, I took profit of the occasion to add this little palomino foal from Imperial on TAW as well. Thank you, Pipsxlch!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 4:01 pm

Never seen before

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 11:58 pm

Nice pose, it looks prouder than his brother.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 3:06 am

Yesterday I found this fellow. Never seen one of the dogs before. From 1974.
When I can (Tuesday?) I will take a picture for TAW.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 9:50 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Yesterday I found this fellow. Never seen one of the dogs before. From 1974.
When I can (Tuesday?) I will take a picture for TAW.

Yes, if you go to the TAW pImperial page, you will see there was a line called "Dog Show" from 1974. I already have the Saint-Bernard, which I got in a lot on Ebay.

By the way, how come you come across every Imperial piece there is on this planet and I don't come across a single one!!??? I always need to pay terrible shipping on Ebay to get one little Imperial fig.

And how am I going to get figures you wish for in trade of all these Imperial animals!!???
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:42 pm

Anyway, not long ago, I found an Imprial rarity for a relatively low price on Ebay: the 1986 PTERODACTYL. A brown and beige version exists; my version is the black and green one. Already on TAW.

I also added two new Funrise Dinosaurs on TAW, with their original blister card.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 12:56 am

Thanks for adding the Pterodactyl and also the Funrise dimetrodon and psittacosaurus. Actually those are all great finds. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 5:33 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 9:19 pm

widukind wrote:
Congratulations

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm

Oh I like that little palomino foal and the collie a lot!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2022 10:16 pm

Jill wrote:
Oh I like that little palomino foal and the collie a lot!

Thank Pipsxlch for finding those!
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2022 1:20 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Anyway, not long ago, I found an Imprial rarity for a relatively low price on Ebay: the 1986 PTERODACTYL. A brown and beige version exists; my version is the black and green one. Already on TAW.

I also added two new Funrise Dinosaurs on TAW, with their original blister card.

gosh just look at that expression Very Happy cyclops it's sooo cute !!

and the little foal is lovely too!
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 02, 2022 12:39 am

I had that collie as a kid. Don't seem to have it any more. Think I had another dog too, some type of retriever.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 10:38 pm

Tiermann wrote:
I had that collie as a kid. Don't seem to have it any more. Think I had another dog too, some type of retriever.

You don't remember what happened to them?
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 11:12 pm

Hi! A few days ago, I received, from Ebay, my 1979 Imperial Tyrannosaurus Rex. OK, it dons Stegosaurus plates, which makes it a Tyrastegosaurus Rex instead. I still put it on Taw under Tyrannosaurus though. It is from the same line as the 1979 Parasaurolophus.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 12:08 am

That's the most charming of the incredible Imperial T-rexes Laughing
Interesting that the Invicta model is older and does not have such a vintage look.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 2:20 am

Roger wrote:
Interesting that the Invicta model is older and does not have such a vintage look.

I think Invicta dinosaurs do not look that vintage because the company wanted to prone the accuracy instead of making ferocious-like animals, which was quite a modern point of view for its time. Imperial, by contrast, was more prone to make ferocious-looking animals. That ferocity was very popular in the 1970's among dinosaur toy manufacturers. When did Invicta dinosaurs get released on the market?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 11:46 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

I think Invicta dinosaurs do not look that vintage because the company wanted to prone the accuracy instead of making ferocious-like animals, which was quite a modern point of view for its time. Imperial, by contrast, was more prone to make ferocious-looking animals. That ferocity was very popular in the 1970's among dinosaur toy manufacturers. When did Invicta dinosaurs get released on the market?

Exactly, Invicta is a museum line made in cooperation with the British Natural Museum, but it is interesting to compare such different concepts.
I think the figures were first released in the early 1970s.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:12 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Exactly, Invicta is a museum line made in cooperation with the British Natural Museum, but it is interesting to compare such different concepts.
I think the figures were first released in the early 1970s.

Early 1970's... In the 1970's, the only companies that I know of that wanted to make realistic-styled dinosaur figures were Invicta, Starlux and Royal Ontqario Museum. They were indeed ahead of their time. Imperial started to try to prone realism only in the mid-1980's, with a peak in 1989 (during Fred Kurt's living time, at least).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:39 pm

I have a "whale shark" model like this, an orange humpback with a giant fin coming out of its back.  Laughing Figures like this make me laugh, congrats on the addition!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:25 am

He's a Cro-Godzilla! Or is it Neandergodzilla? Fun model anyhow, congratulations!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:12 pm

Today, I received my Imperial 1979 Trachodon. I noticed, by looking at them with a magnifying glass, that the 1979 Imperial Dinosaurs series all had a number printed on their pubis. Trachodon's one is 7957. I don't remember what are the numbers of the other figs of that series, I will look again this evening and add those numbers to their respective pages in the next days. Anyway. 1979 Trachodon is now on Taw, in both company's page and species' page (the Edmontosaurus page). I am expecting the fourth 1979 Imperial dinosaur (a Megalosaurus) to arrive soon to my home.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 10:11 pm

Interesting that Imperial made a Trachodon and an Anatosaurus when both are Edmontosaurus.
This is not only confuse for Palaeonthology but also for TAW. It is important to keep the pages with historical importance even when the names are not valid anymore but it results somewhat confuse.
Interesting also the fact the number starts with 79, since the year is 1979.

PostSubject: Re: Imperial creatures   Imperial creatures - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperial creatures
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next