Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Arboreum Artwork cheers Applause Cool sunny bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Cruel Blaine, I dream of this Sunda colugo drunken
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Caracal wrote:
these Arboreum figurines are great! cheers Applause
About oryx, I prefer the Papo one in spite of its too big size but I have the both..
About alpaca, this one seems to be good and not too big..

I like the sculpt and pose of the Papo gemsbok, but they really missed the boat with the paint application. It's an easy fix, but I prefer not to alter figures if I can help it.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 4:21 pm

I am updating my protozoa and plankton here. Historically, these were on 'Bug of the Day' but now limiting that to arthropods only. With the Ayano Katayama acrylic figures, I thought I would update all of my protozoa and plankton, or better put, the non-Opisthkonta eukaryotes (eukaryotes other than animals and fungi). Using the classifications by Adl and colleagues in recent publications.

Please note, this is a side track, and this is not my October focus group, so there will be more posts as the month goes on.

Supergroup Archaeplastida:

Chloroplastida (green algae)

Chlorophyta: Chlorophyceae

Pedastrium sp. (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)
Pedastrium sp. (Ayano Katayama)
Scenedesmus sp. (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)
Volvox sp. (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)
Volvox sp. (SO-TA)
Volvox sp. (Ayano Katayama)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chlorophyta: Zygnematophyceae

Closterium moniliferum (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)
Closterium sp. (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)
Closterium sp. (SO-TA)
Closterium sp. (Ayano Katayama)
Spirogyra sp. (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)

Supergroup SAR (Stamenopiles-Alveolata-Rhizaria):

Alveolata: Dinoflagellata (dinoflagellates)

Noctiluca scintillans (Epoch)
Noctiluca scintillans (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)

Alveolata: Ciliophora (ciliates)

Heterotrichida (heterotrichs)

Stentor sp. (SO-TA)

Oligophymenophorea: Peniculia (peniculids)

Paramecium bursaria (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)
Paramecium caudatum (Epoch)
Paramecium caudatum (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)
Paramecium sp. (Ayano Katayama)

Oligophymenophorea: Peretrichia (peretrichs)

Vorticella nebulifera (Epoch)

Supergroup Excavata (flagellates):

Discoba: Euglenozoa: Euglenales

Euglena gracilis (Kaiyodo)
Euglena gracilis (SO-TA)
Euglena sp. (Ikimon - Science Techni Colour)
Lepocinclis acus (Epoch)
Lepocinclis acus (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)

Supergroup Amoebozoa (amebas)

Lobosa: Tubulinea: Euamoebida

Amoeba proteus (Epoch)
Amoeba proteus (Ayano Katayama)
Chaos carolinense (WizKids)

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 4:34 pm

These are fascinating figures! I especially like the Epoch Paramecium caudatum.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 5:06 pm

I love your microorganisms figures. They're so unique!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 8:23 pm

I love the little Stentor! I'm surprised that a few of these have been made more than once. Count on Japan for the good stuff, huh?

Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Very interesting models.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 am

..and so beautiful! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 2:02 am

Thanks everyone!!!

The October focus group is the mollusks. Like with miscellaneous birds last month, I will do a pic or two every several days or week or so.

Let's start with the bivalves (note, size is not so much a concern with me when it comes to invertebrates):

1. striped venus clam, Chamelea gallina (AAA)
2. Pacific oyster, Magallana gigas (Kitan Club)
3. oyster, Magallana sp. (AAA)
probably just another M. gigas,
4. Japanese hard clam, Meretrix lusoria (Kaiyodo)
5. blue (common) mussel, Mytilus edulis (AAA)

Here is the same shot, but with the Kitan Club oyster open (I think this oyster will be my next Blog post...)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 2:47 am

I've thought a out grabbing some AAA mollusks, now I think I need to sometime. Great photos of great models!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 am

Looks huge

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 1:07 pm

With your new synoptric philosophy, your collection  is the most eclectic I know, I'm impressed Cool

Last edited by Kikimalou on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 4:27 pm

I think you can already open a new Natural History museum! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Caracal wrote:
I think you can already open a new Natural History museum! cheers cheers Applause

I agree with you, Christophe.

These models are very ineteresting, especially the AAA. sunny sunny

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2019 12:31 am

A lot happened since I posted here. Sleep
First let me tell you that you acquired lots of fabulous figures. I enjoy the diversity of birds when Japanese brands are used.
Curiously I also replaced my Papo gemsbok with the later Schleich version as I did the exact same with the great kudu. I like the Papo figures but maybe I was not so confortable with their sizes.
You have the Mountain goat from the Schleich Wildlife Mountain Animals set. It is far nicer than the CollectA versions and I believe it won't be easy for you to find the retired Safari figure. It is a pity that sending figures overseas is so expensive or we could make a little partnership once I'd love to get the mouflon from that set.
I enjoy that your choice for a sable antelope is the Mojö Fun figure and I hope you can find a wisent for your collection, I have both Schleich and Bullyland. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 9:02 am

bmathison1972 wrote:

5. laughing kookaburra, Dacelo novaeguineae (Safari Ltd.)
I must admit, I was really struggling with a kookaburra figure. I liked the morphology of the Safari figure, but worried it was too big. The S&N figure seemed to be a better size, but I wasn't crazy about the sculpt (among other things, the beak appears too short). The Bandai figure seems to be a mix of the laughing and blue-winged kookaburras, and with bright pink feet! I finally decided on the Safari figure. It is a bit big (compared to the kingfishers here) but honestly it's not so big as I feared. I think I made the right choice (and thanks to the STS community for helping me decide).

I'mglad you bought the Safri Ltd one. I don't think it is too big, Kookaburra are really bigger than kingfishers, the Safari Ltd is absolutely not to scale with the others, it is too small.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 12:59 pm

me too :). Yes the scales are better than I had predicted. They didn't need to be perfect scale.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 7:32 pm

With your pics I can see the new Safari Ltd birds are smaller than in the past, it is a very bad news for my bank account
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Yes, the new birds have a nice size:)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
With your pics I can see the new Safari Ltd birds are smaller than in the past, it is a very bad news for my bank account

A lot of those smaller Safari birds are mostly from the their Backyard Birds TOOB, so they are smaller, but in line with related species in the Wings of the World Series
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 10:10 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

A lot of those smaller Safari birds are mostly from the their Backyard Birds TOOB, so they are smaller, but in line with related species in the Wings of the World Series

I was not talking about the Backyard Birds TOOB, I thought the Mocking bird, the rainbow lorikeet or the Kookaburra were bigger but indeed they fit well with Kaiyodo birds.  The Toob birds too but I expected that.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

I was not talking about the Backyard Birds TOOB, I thought the Mocking bird, the rainbow lorikeet or the Kookaburra were bigger but indeed they fit well with Kaiyodo birds.  The Toob birds too but I expected that.

Gotcha! Yes the lorikeet was smaller than expected which I was grateful for.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Caracal wrote:

That's exactly what I see my collection as, my own little Natural History museum LOL

Continuing with the mollusks, today we are looking at one of my favorite groups of animals, the Gastropoda.

Terrestrial snails and slugs:
1. air-breathing land snail, Euhadra amaliae (Kaiyodo)
2. air-breathing land snail, Euhadra peliomphala (Kitan Club)
3. shining Leptopoma, Leptopoma vitreum (Kaiyodo)
4. garden slug, Ambigolimax valentianus (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)

Marine snails:
1. false fusus, Hemifusus tuba (AAA)
2. Japanese Babylon snail, Babylonia japonica (AAA)
3. scaly-foot snail, Chrysomallon suamiferum(Ikimon)
4. Beyrich's slit-shell, Mikaotrochus beyrichii (Epoch)
5. emperor slit-shell, Mikaotrochus hirasei (Kaiyodo)
6. panther cowrie, Cypraea pantherina (Safari LTD)
This could represent either this species or the tiger cowrie, C. tigris; my assignment is my personal choice.

Sea slugs (nudibranchs).
This group is no stranger to figure form. Play Visions, Yujin, and Kitan Club all released sets of 8-10 species. Getting complete sets is hard, so I will probably add to this slowly over time.

These three are propped up on various bases:
1. sea angel, Clione limacina (Takara Tomy A.R.T.S.)
2. predatory nudibranch, Tyrannodoris luteolineata (Agatsuma Entertainment)
3. hooded nudibranch, Melibe viridis (syn. M. japonica) (Agatsuma Entertainment)

These eight species are all small figures from various Nature Techni Colour sets by Kitan Club or Ikimon:
1. blue angel, Glaucus atlanticus
2. Kunei's sea slug, Goniobranchus kunei
3. Bullock's nudibranch, Hypselodoria bullocki
4. blue dorid, Hypselodoria festiva
5. celestial phyllidia, Phyllidia coelestis
6. elegant phyllidia, Phyllidia elegans
7. black-and-white sea slug, Trapania naeva
8. red-spot nudibranch, Ardeadoris cruenta

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers I love you drunken

I really like these gorgeous out-of-the-ordinary creatures, some will integrate my images and underwater collection too.
Congratulations Blaine study sunny Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next