Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection

Go down 
+25
costicuba
Steve170
spacelab
WhiteLightning Wolf
Advicot
rogerpgvg
landrover
Caracal
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
A.R.Garcia
Tiermann
1claire
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
Roger
Duck-Anch-Amun
Taos
halichoeres
Megaptera
Pardofelis
SUSANNE
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 9:42 pm

Thank you, Blaine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 7:13 pm

I love you I love your 3 new cats!! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 10:28 pm

March acquisitions. Not much now, mostly new species by Japanese companies.

First up, birds:
1. tuften puffin, Fratercula cirrhata (Kaiyodo)
2. woodpeck finch, Camarhynchus pallidus (Bandai)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Reptiles and Amphibians:
1. Fleischmann's glass frog, Hyalinobatrachium fleischmanni (Kaiyodo)
I have two more new species from this set on order from Brett (this figure was a free figure from a dealer I buy from a lot). The body is translucent and internal organs are visible from the bottom :).
2. Goliath frog, Conraua goliath (Kaiyodo)
3. viviparous lizard, Zootoca vivipara (Kaiyodo)

Fish and aquatics:
1. Tokyo bitterling, Tanakia tanago (Kaiyodo)
2. blue-lined octopus, Hapalochlaena fasciata (Kaiyodo)
3. blue-spotted mudskipper, Boleophthalmus pectinirostris (Yujin)
4. spotnape cardinalfish, Agopon notatus (Kaiyodo)
5. fourspine sculpin, Cottus kazika (Kaiyodo)

Mammals:
1. domestic cat, Felis catus (Schleich)
After some of the World Farm cats were posted on STS I decided to get one. They are some of the best domestic cat figures out there! This replaces a Kaiyodo figure in my collection.
2. Gunnison's prairie dog, Cynomys gunnisoni (Eikoh)
The figure is generic, but C. gunnisoni is the best option (and the most common and familiar species).
3. mountain hare, Lepus timidus (Kaiyodo)
4. least weasel, Mustela Mustela nivalis (Kaiyodo)
I have the winter version on my Arctic shelves, but now I have a summer version for Europe :). Even if I go back to a taxonomic display, it is nice to have two varieties (and they are different sculpts by Kaiyodo).

Last edited by bmathison1972 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 12:29 am

It is really fantastic when makers release glass frogs with visible organs. I know some other famous company made it before but now I can't remember. It is also interesting to see a domestic cat among your new figures, it surely easily could predate most of them.

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 2:11 am

Nice new additions! I especially like the mudskipper.

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 8:26 am

As alway, you found some extremely interesting and beautyful models cheers

And as always I learn something looking at them, - for instance ( I don't believe it Shocked !!) I did not know there are more than one kind of puffin !!!! Embarassed

Thankyou for sharing the beautyful photos Applause

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 9:04 am

Wonderful new models Applause
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 1:59 pm

The next unknown Kaiyodo figure for me. The bitterling is very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 4:33 pm

More fascinating species. Beautifully made

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 8:46 pm

I did not invest much in April, but have a few new additions, all retired species of interest.

1. green iguana, Iguana iguana (Safari Ltd.)
I had bought the Schleich iguana, because it was the only one I could find on eBay in the US. However, a seller has the large Safari IC iguana advertised along with its 'baby'. While, there is an IC baby iguana, the small one he was selling was actually the Wild Safari one shown here. The seller was kind enough to sell just this figure to me! I like the slightly smaller size and harder plastic of the Schleich figure, but the Safari figure has better morphology.
2. yellow-blotched sawback turtle, Grapyemys flavimaculata (Play Visions)
3. eastern chipmunk, Tamias striatus (Schleich)
I was happy to learn, and find, a small version of this species. I really appreciate that when Schleich makes small animals, the figures are small. If Safari Ltd. made this species in their standard range, it would probably be twice as big!

I have one more figure coming from Canada that was my birthday present to myself. I will do a thorough Blog review when it gets here...

I also bought some of the M&B waterfowl, but they are currently 'on hold' in Germany until international shipping resumes.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 8:52 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:11 pm

Hurray! I am so happy that you were able to track down the iguana and chipmunk! I recently bought a "mislabelled" animal figure I have been looking for for a long while. Makes me wish people could read the species stamped on the belly of safari figures.

Big congrats again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:24 pm

I got the iguana last year to go with the Bullyland figure, they are really good together. :)

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:28 pm

I am glad to see new entries to your collection. On Safari's world, a figure of the size of the Schleich chipmunk goes directly to TOOB series and instead of being ranked as a 5 dolars figure, it will average 1 dolar. Safari works with many different series and sizes contrarily to Schleich that put all figures in a few price tag levels. I also have that chipmunk, it is a cool figure despite the small size.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Hurray! I am so happy that you were able to track down the iguana and chipmunk! I recently bought a "mislabelled" animal figure I have been looking for for a long while. Makes me wish people could read the species stamped on the belly of safari figures.

Big congrats again!

Thanks Paige. Still a couple retired Safari figures I need, the bighorn and opossum with babies are priority.

Roger wrote:
I am glad to see new entries to your collection. On Safari's world, a figure of the size of the Schleich chipmunk goes directly to TOOB series and instead of being ranked as a 5 dolars figure, it will average 1 dolar. Safari works with many different series and sizes contrarily to Schleich that put all figures in a few price tag levels. I also have that chipmunk, it is a cool figure despite the small size.

When I got the chipmunk, I thought the same thing: if this was by Safari, it would have to be in a TOOB. LOL
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:16 pm

A special display I bought earlier this month for my birthday, the Ethiopian wolf (Canis simensis) hunting the big-headed African mole rat (Tachyoryctes macrocephalus) by Beauty of the Beasts.

For a detailed coverage, please see my blogpost: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:39 pm

Now THAT is a great display figure! Absolutely wonderful, congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 4:45 pm

That's something out of words! Perfect birthday gift for yourself, congratulations! Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 5:15 pm

So nice and so special

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
A special display I bought earlier this month for my birthday, the Ethiopian wolf (Canis simensis) hunting the big-headed African mole rat (Tachyoryctes macrocephalus) by Beauty of the Beasts.

For a detailed coverage, please see my blogpost: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amazing model. It's very detailed and beautiful. Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:17 pm

Very good sculpting! cheers cheers but the colour is more the one of Canis latrans one (not reddish enough) but it's maybe due to the picture.. Shocked
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 10:24 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

cheers

A gorgeous model of one of the most beautyful creatures at all I love you drunken
That situatuion is just as we see them on the best of nature-films : The mole rat can be ever so alert and smart, but eventually.... affraid Laughing

75senta75

75senta75

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 11:05 pm

Wow, very, very nice! I love you I love you Shocked

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2020 12:19 pm

Some lovely,lovely models especially the Prairie dog,Arctic hare,Weasel and the Ethiopian Wolf Applause Applause

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection   Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Synoptic Animal Collection
Page 17 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next