Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pipsxlch's Finds

Go down 
+17
sunny
George
Jill
Kikimalou
Bonnie
Tiermann
halichoeres
landrover
costicuba
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
Roger
Advicot
rogerpgvg
widukind
SUSANNE
pipsxlch
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 11, 2022 9:35 pm

I was able to satisfy my prey drive and visit a flea market and thrift store today. Found some interesting things. I'll post more pics tomorrow but here are a couple.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It's raining PVs lately. This silverback is one.
A couple are labeled PV (the orange tapir is, and named palochestes tapir), most are just China but I recognize a mold or two as PVs. (the genet) The tiny poodle is a Hong Kong figure.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 5:59 am

Congratulations, especially for the PVs. The Genet is not a mold of PV, its Nayab. But can you share please closer pics of the female turkey from the left side?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 7:22 am

Some lovely additions especially the PVs!and the ancient tapir is a very nice catch!

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 1:21 pm

Good finds! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 4:40 pm

When I see a figure on TAW using @Sbell's pictures, I know it is not easy to find. Laughing
I think it is valid for your Palorchestes.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 8:29 pm

Duh yes the genet is Nayab, a model I have/had actually, so I should know that... I plead exhaustion. Helps explain why the similar molds are just labeled 'China'.
Andreas, I will get a better picture of the turkey hen, tomorrow or Tuesday the latest. And the poodle is there only by reason of size, it's a Hong Kong no name model.

AAA tigers, but not labeled as that but with Siegfried and Roy. Guess they were imprinted to sell with their Vegas attraction.

A box of 'Mocai' dinosaurs. I admit curiosity had me buy this, it was more than I'll generally spend at a thrift store. Roger, I did take more pics of the packaging and pamphlet included.

Last edited by pipsxlch on Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 8:32 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

very nice to get all of these!
I think the pink hedgehog is really cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 8:44 pm

Thank you, Sunny! The hedgehog is cute.

Weird zebra and giraffe. Paint is like a heavy enamel. Only stamped China.

Safari Incredible Creatures panda, Breyer Stablemate, and a variety of dinosaurs. AAA, Schleich, and UKRD.

The bay horse is an odd one, as well as an apparent repaint. The Safari wolves look new.

Action Products '99 lion, and Safari grey squirrel.

PVs, Nayabs, ???. Poodle is Hong Kong.

Safari Authentics
1974 Imperial collie

Larger 1998 PV silverback gorilla
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 8:49 pm

Some really lovely things there Kelly! The dino box IS intriguing! The wolves look in great condition! And the collie and Authentics are adorable too. I love the caribou. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 12, 2022 9:17 pm

pipsxlch wrote:

the paint style on these two remind me very much of the paint style on New Ray wild life.

The zebras have a blue tinge to them, and there is always a space between the pattern placement and the edges of the animal.

I can take a pic of my new ray zebra to show you ?

by the way, they are both very beautiful! I love the expression of the zebra Very Happy

are they 1/32nd scale ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 5:46 am

Interesting, it seems Mocai is an importante Chinese manufacturer with their own brands and also manufacturing to other companies.
I've never heard about it. So, since you will provide more information and share more pictures, maybe it could be a good idea to open a new topic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where we can gather and find easily information about the company. I can't find any mention to them on forum not even on DTF.

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 5:56 am

sunny wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:

the paint style on these two remind me very much of the paint style on New Ray wild life.

The zebras have a blue tinge to them, and there is always a space between the pattern placement and the edges of the animal.

by the way, they are both very beautiful! I love the expression of the zebra Very Happy

are they 1/32nd scale ?

I thought the same thing! They are versions of New Ray in both mold and paint! The zebra is the same but without foal and pedestal.

Maybe TakShing???
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 6:48 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
sunny wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:

are they 1/32nd scale ?

I thought the same thing! They are versions of New Ray in both mold and paint! The zebra is the same but without foal and pedestal.

Maybe TakShing???

New-Ray sold a few sets, especially on Asian market, with some small figures (without base) together with a larger figure. It was after those 1990's series of figures with bases. Unfortunately I never saved the official pictures and they're not easy to find these days. Is it possible these versions without base were part of these sets?

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 7:38 am

Roger, the truth is that I don't know what you're talking about... the first news I had about the New Ray copies was from a post on TakShing.

In fact, on the one hand most of the series are very accessible and on the other hand there are the elusive ones (birds especially) and the rarities (gaur, vulture, ostrich...).

...Not to mention the many different paint finishes that exist! It's a fascinating madness.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 8:35 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Roger, the truth is that I don't know what you're talking about... the first news I had about the New Ray copies was from a post on TakShing.

In fact, on the one hand most of the series are very accessible and on the other hand there are the elusive ones (birds especially) and the rarities (gaur, vulture, ostrich...).

...Not to mention the many different paint finishes that exist! It's a fascinating madness.

Apparently we can divid New-Ray figures in 4 big stages but obviously it lacks a better research.
First, the Novelty models with those hollow cats and dogs. 2nd those figures with bases or not from 1992 to 1995 and considering the New-Ray USA belongs to a 4th stage. I mean the 3rd stage with window box like sets with several figures each and very common in Asian countries. I remember seeing pictures of them. I suspect the gaur belongs to the 3rd generation of models.
You can read Apichartu posts [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - We really need to learn a lot about New-Ray but I think we already listed most of the 2nd generation models on TAW.

Stripedhyena

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 10:35 am

Thanks for the info Roger, I’ll hope se van find more information and images in future...
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 2:00 pm

Great additions especially the Rough Collie and the Safari Ltd wolves.The bright bay horse is an interesting one!!

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 2:25 pm

What great finds - especially love the PV, Nayab, and Authentics personally, but really interesting and cool stuff all around. Were all of these thrift shop finds? You really have a skill for finding!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptySun Jun 26, 2022 11:49 pm

Thank you everyone! Jill, they're a combination of thrift store and flea market finds. Just had a lucky day. I'm trying to think of how to safely remove the paint on the weird bay, or should I leave it be? And Roger, i do have photos of the Mocai set, i will try and get them uploaded/shown here asap.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 am

These are super finds, especially the Imperial collie! cheers I don't think I've ever seen this dog before but what a lovely model he is! There were so many more rough collies made back then when Lassie was so popular, lots of treasures of this breed to be discovered!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Sorry for the delay... Andreas, here's the turkey 'hen'.
And oops wrong side, will get another pic tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:28 pm

Thank you, very interesting

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 10:39 pm

I think that turkey is confused. Wink the structure on its head is similar to an ocellated turkey. But obviously the paint doesn't match.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 11:36 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I think that turkey is confused. Wink the structure on its head is similar to an ocellated turkey. But obviously the paint doesn't match.

A interesting point of any made in China figures :)

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2022 9:13 pm

Here is the other side. Looks like a cock more to me also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pipsxlch's Finds   Pipsxlch's Finds - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pipsxlch's Finds
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next