Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics

Go down 
+32
JamesPanda
Geospiza fortis
spacelab
MartinH
pipsxlch
shadoweon
Farm collector
costicuba
Max
Bonnie
lucky luke
jhudstone
SeanieP
Roger
QuollMate
arafan
Tupolew Tu-154
LukaLeon085
aschuck
halichoeres
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
sphyrna18
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
angtyson97
Pepi
NightLioness
jtoddthree@gmail.com
Advicot
endogenylove
Megaptera
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 12:36 pm

I suspect this is the first batch of several, like they have done the last years, and like CollectA and Mojo use to do Very Happy bounce

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 1:06 pm

I really do hope this is true! Very Happy
I'm fairly new to Safari, and if this is true, when does that mean the next batch could be revealed? bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 3:24 pm

I agree with Roger; I have a hard time believing Safari would go a year without a figure from the Incredible Creatures, Sea Life, or Farm Life lines.
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 3:55 pm

You are all very kind.. Rolling Eyes

For me, if this is a first batch it's maybe the weakest first batch of any company the last 5 years. I can't be optimistic for the next one...

The Zebra is crap, even Papo zebras look better and that's not easy to achieve. Razz

The black leopard is not good, not bad, not mediocre.. Kind of too simplistic and rather forgettable. I may be wrong and unfair with this model, I'll wait to see it in real to be sure.

And now the most interesting model. The maned wolf seems to be sculpted really well, painted nice, but some werewolf elements on it send goosebumps to my spine. The pose they choose is tricky. I would be guessing that 3 inspiration photos took part in the making of it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:12 pm

I am very disappointed by the South American TOOB, I will still get it but the figures just look so cheaply made, and barely any new species by Safari.

I will be getting the maned wolf, but the other wildlife are just soo depressing! That zebra looks just like its predecessor and the leopard just doesn't look right

It'll be a cheap 2021 haul from Safari

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:55 pm

I think the TOOB figures look pretty good, given their size. Sure, the dolphin should be paler and the jaguar's spots shouldn't be in defined rows. But otherwise, pretty nice for their size, and some species we rarely get it that size.

I am not sure why the leopard is getting so much negative press. I think it looks great. The zebra is a let down, as I already indicated.
Back to top Go down
Pepi
Banned
Pepi

Country/State : Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:58 pm

I've asked in their chat about further announcements and all that they said is that I should sign up to keep informed about upcoming news. A good way of no giving any information...
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 5:09 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
I am not sure why the leopard is getting so much negative press. I think it looks great.

hmm.. looks OK to me, but feels like I've seen it again. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope I am.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 5:14 pm

The size of the toob figures is the best. No new species from Safari next year Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:15 pm

Nothing new for me. But I think we should happy that we get something, even when it´s not pleasing us in the way the last years did. 4, 5 months ago, we heard bad things about Safari and the effects of the pandemie.
So I´m happy that they managed to release something!

I think the toob is a good choice and has some special figures! Most of them, I already owned as playvision, but even that I have those species, an harpey eagle, an arapaima and a amazones river dolphin are amzing news. Maybe I will get the Black Caiman if I have the chance to purchase the toob animals individually.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:16 pm

There are all figures for 2021, i think. No more batches coming.

But it's ok. Some is for me, the both amored dinosaurs and the maned wolf. Maybe also the spinosaurus.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Nothing new for me. But I think we should happy that we get something, even when it´s not pleasing us in the way the last years did. 4, 5 months ago, we heard bad things about Safari and the effects of the pandemie.
So I´m happy that they managed to release something!

I think the toob is a good choice and has some special figures! Most of them, I already owned as playvision, but even that I have those species, an harpey eagle, an arapaima and a amazones river dolphin are amzing news. Maybe I will get the Black Caiman if I have the chance to purchase the toob animals individually.

I think positivity is a good way to go right now. I think fewer releases are to be expected. I am sure they had more planned, but probably had to cut down production and take sales and production costs into account. I'm just happy they are releasing some good things this year.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 8:32 pm

That's it. I like the head well enough, but if you compare the maned wolf model with Spacelab's photos, the elbow and knee look too far down the leg (humerus/femur too long) and the angulation in those joints too sharp. With the tail looking like a tacked on afterthought, it makes the model look rather like a person in a fursuit, or some kind of anthro figure. Maybe a maned werewolf like Spacelab suggested.

I will grant that my only maned wolf figure to compare it to is the PV toob size one, and I think perhaps the angulation in that model isn't sharp enough, though the joints look in the right places. (the tail on the PV is too long, Safari's may actually be more accurate here)

Overall, I do like the dinos (armored aren't for me but I can see where they'd appeal), the toob is an interesting one as is the dragon. I look forward to what else may be shown later.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 2:21 am

I know, most of us here , are more in a interest of the extand animal models,
but since the dino fans are far more active with video reviews,
on Youtube, we can find much more reviews of dinos and horses, than others...

Last years, Safari likes to send some models, to some specific youtube reviewers in advance, which I think is very clever.
And we already have reviews of some of the Dino models cheers
And I am sure , reading the comments here, that some of you will be happy to watch them, like me Very Happy

I choose to show reviews from SpinoDude.

Here is the Daspletosaurus :

And the Spinosaurus :

And especially for Tupolew Tu-154 sunny , here is the Armored T. rex :

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 am

I think first and foremost everyone needs to understand that Safari is likely experiencing extreme difficulties even getting just these few new figures released.  Due to forces way outside their control, Safari is likely having to jump through extreme hoops just to get their products into port for distribution.
For months and months almost all shipping from China to the US had been halted or delayed; shipping from the US to almost anywhere in the world right now is nearly impossible, so getting prototypes and design ideas to their factory in China was likely delayed by many weeks.  Then getting the production samples from China would have been delayed; any corrections or edits they wanted would have further delayed the process.  Just look at how long they "teased" the new products.  They only announce their new products right before they expect them to arrive in the US for distribution.  The number of weeks between posting the shadowy, blurred images to posting those first close-ups was likely the number of weeks it took for the products to make it through customs in Miami.  Safari photographs the toys themselves now, instead of using the prototypes for promotional images.  The number of weeks between posting those close-ups and the figures' full reveals last night was likely how long it took for the full shipment from China to clear customs.

Everyone is giving Safari a hard time this year, but I think everyone needs to take a step back a remember that Safari probably had a full lineup planned at the beginning of the year, but they can only do so much when forces much bigger than them cog up the works.

Further, that Black Leopard looks amazing compared to the current black leopards available.  Papo likely will still reign supreme, but this new figure seems to be giving Papo's crouching leopards a run for their money. And while I was super excited to get CollectA's African Leopard, I am immensely disappointed by its barrel-shaped body, the eyes that are so life-less and the strangely shaped head that only looks ok from certain angle.  I LOVE CollectA, but their big cats generally leave a lot to be desired, and their African Leopard, sculpt-wise, is not different.  It looks very much like it was 3D printed, and not by an expert at 3D modelling.  Or something.  So far, the new Safari Leopard looks like a breath of fresh air.  Their previous leopard was one of the worst figures ever, so I'm really glad and excited to see this new one for 2021.

I also don't get the complaints about the Maned Wolf.  Having watched Maned Wolves in several different zoos, everything about this figure looks perfect for how awkwardly they move about.  In particular, this picture of the Maned Wolf at the National Zoo in Washington, DC looks a lot like the new figure, IMO.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  All knees to elbows...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 3:39 am

Does anyone know what the fourth figure Doug Watson sculpted for this year is? I'm assuming the Dinosaurs are his. Did he sculpt the Leopard?
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 am

Also, does anyone know who Safari's other sculptor(s) are? I know Forest Rogers did the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Carnegie, and Vanishing Wild, but who else does Safari use?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 am

100% agree with all that you're saying. I think given current global circumstances we need to be mindful of challenges for all brands that we as collectors are totally ignorant of. I know we were all hoping for great reveals to have something to look forward to, but we should just be excited for whatever they are able to present. I am sure most companies will be a bit scanty on their reveals in some way this year.

As for the leopard I am not a feline expert but it does seem like quite a nice model overall. And I find it interesting they went with melanistic (probably cheaper to produce) than a spotted.

As for the maned wolf and being a canine enthusiast... I see nothing really wrong. My only critique is the ruff is quite fluffy compared to the fur length of the rest of the body, but some individuals in real life have such unique features.  I am excited for collectA's model to have some competition. Its better to me that species be represented by several brands, this way people can find at least one to their preference. I think this new model will be a tad bigger than CollectA's, but will be a great model in and of itself. Its very welcome to my collection.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:14 am

costicuba wrote:

And especially for Tupolew Tu-154 sunny  , here is the Armored T. rex :

Thank you cheers

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:20 am

I'm happy with what Safari put out this year. I'll be adding the dinosaurs and modern animals to my collection when they are available. I'm most excited for the baryonyx-- it will be the best and most accurate figure of it so far.

It's a disappointing situation having everything shipped to and from China. I would much rather see more products made in America. These toys take time to produce and I'm sure we'll see some next year that were intended for 2021.
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 8:46 am

Safari Ltd has made a classic Baryonyx!! Glad I never picked up the CollectA one (which I almost did at an airport toy shop last year).. The leopard is also brilliant (fits well as a representation of the melanistic leopards of the Kabini forest back in Southern India).. The Maned Wolf is the third figure of safari ltd that will join my pack of miniature maned wolves. I wasn't expecting much new products especially after such an unpredictable time in 2020..what little has been released by Safari Ltd is a good sign that efforts are on to get back on track. May the 'force' be with Safari Ltd and other brands and they overcome this dark phase like so many of us also struggling to rise back up.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:36 am

sphyrna18 wrote:
I think first and foremost everyone needs to understand that Safari is likely experiencing extreme difficulties even getting just these few new figures released.  Due to forces way outside their control, Safari is likely having to jump through extreme hoops just to get their products into port for distribution.
For months and months almost all shipping from China to the US had been halted or delayed; shipping from the US to almost anywhere in the world right now is nearly impossible, so getting prototypes and design ideas to their factory in China was likely delayed by many weeks.  Then getting the production samples from China would have been delayed; any corrections or edits they wanted would have further delayed the process.  Just look at how long they "teased" the new products.  They only announce their new products right before they expect them to arrive in the US for distribution.  The number of weeks between posting the shadowy, blurred images to posting those first close-ups was likely the number of weeks it took for the products to make it through customs in Miami.  Safari photographs the toys themselves now, instead of using the prototypes for promotional images.  The number of weeks between posting those close-ups and the figures' full reveals last night was likely how long it took for the full shipment from China to clear customs.

Everyone is giving Safari a hard time this year, but I think everyone needs to take a step back a remember that Safari probably had a full lineup planned at the beginning of the year, but they can only do so much when forces much bigger than them cog up the works.

Further, that Black Leopard looks amazing compared to the current black leopards available.  Papo likely will still reign supreme, but this new figure seems to be giving Papo's crouching leopards a run for their money.  And while I was super excited to get CollectA's African Leopard, I am immensely disappointed by its barrel-shaped body, the eyes that are so life-less and the strangely shaped head that only looks ok from certain angle.  I LOVE CollectA, but their big cats generally leave a lot to be desired, and their African Leopard, sculpt-wise, is not different.  It looks very much like it was 3D printed, and not by an expert at 3D modelling.  Or something.  So far, the new Safari Leopard looks like a breath of fresh air.  Their previous leopard was one of the worst figures ever, so I'm really glad and excited to see this new one for 2021.

I also don't get the complaints about the Maned Wolf.  Having watched Maned Wolves in several different zoos, everything about this figure looks perfect for how awkwardly they move about.  In particular, this picture of the Maned Wolf at the National Zoo in Washington, DC looks a lot like the new figure, IMO.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  All knees to elbows...

I agree 100% with this!!!!

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 12:53 pm

I love these
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 12:54 pm

And this sloth[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 1:07 pm

costicuba wrote:

Here is the Daspletosaurus :

daspletosaurus looks amazing!!.

the body and head proportions, the muscular tail, the colors, the textures, the size... even the lips and teeth combo works much better than previous approaches.
it could easily become my favourite theropod ever by safari.

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next