Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics

Go down 
+32
JamesPanda
Geospiza fortis
spacelab
MartinH
pipsxlch
shadoweon
Farm collector
costicuba
Max
Bonnie
lucky luke
jhudstone
SeanieP
Roger
QuollMate
arafan
Tupolew Tu-154
LukaLeon085
aschuck
halichoeres
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
sphyrna18
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
angtyson97
Pepi
NightLioness
jtoddthree@gmail.com
Advicot
endogenylove
Megaptera
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020 - 18:20

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Their facebook page claims they will be revealing their new models on the 18th. Just a few more days.
That's so exciting to hear! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020 - 20:22

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Their facebook page claims they will be revealing their new models on the 18th. Just a few more days.

Applause Applause Applause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2020 - 20:29

Oh, but we know what they are. I was so hoping they would announce more figures...

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 1:11

So Safari 18th and probably 3rd batch of CollectA 20th. Very exciting! bounce bounce

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 11:07

There is still a lot of figurines to look forward to, good for us bounce bounce

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 12:37

amaze me Safari bounce

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 18:51

bounce bounce bounce

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 22:19

Looks like they are out there early. Applause

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 22:28

Is that them all?
No dogs, but I'm happy with the maned wolf! Very Happy bounce
The wolf dragon is interesting too... cheers
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 22:45

I'll probably get the melanistic leopard to represent the Asian subspecies (since black panthers are more common in SE Asia than Africa) and the Baryonyx. That's it from this batch. The maned wolf is nice, but not as to replace my CollectA one.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 23:06

Thanks Jack! I don’t know if it is all and I know this is a year particularly difficult to Safari. However, two previous years were absolutely fantastic and I am honestly not impressed with anything this year. The pose of the maned wolf fives to it an almost humanoid stance as it is ready to assume a bipedal pose. I will consider to get it but I don’t know if that intention will not be delayed forever as it happens with the babirusa, muskox, pygmy hippo, etc.
I really had better expectations to the zebra, maybe it is the simplistic painting, again I think I will go defintely to CollectA’s and eventually Mojo’s.
The black leopard looks a nice model but I was never into melanistic variations.
I’d love the Amazon toob if it had a jaguarundi, a tamandua instead of a jaguar and a giant anteater. Though, I find it interesting and a few figures look nice considering their sizes.

Finally, the updated spinosaurus with its horse pose is not calling me as other models we’re witnessing these days. I really hope it is not all from Safari Ltd but, if it is, I forgive this wonderful company and I hope they recover soon the glory of the last years.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 23:15

Here's my take so far:

1. Maned wolf. A wonderful figure but I don't see a need to replace my CollectA version
2. Melanistic leopard. I already indicated I'll get this one. I'll have it represent the Asian subspecies, since the black morphs are more common in Southeast Asia.
3. Plains zebra. No way this would replace the CollectA version I have. This figure is somewhat of a let-down; zebras have never been Safari's strong point.
4. Daspletosaurus. Better than the CollectA one, but I'll pass for now
5. Baryonyx. This is a must-have for me. Bary has been one of my favorite dinosaurs since my youth. So glad Safari finally updated theirs.
6. Spinosaurus. I know TECHNICALLY this is a more up-to-date version, but I am sticking with my 2019 Safari version. Besides, in a few months, this theory will probably be debunked...lol
7. Augmented dinos - no interest
8. South American TOOB. Fantastic. Safari is slowly releasing TOOBs with much improved figures: Whales, Dolphins, Pelagic Fish, Primates, Great Lakes, South Africa, and now this one! Nothing for me, as the species are all too small for what they represent, but still a very nice effort.
Back to top Go down
Max

Max

Country/State : New York

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Nov 2020 - 23:27

Not planning on getting any of the new releases. Last couple of years Safari has really spoiled us with great prehistoric mammals and primates, so it makes sense they wouldn't release any. I hope next year they will make some primates or prehistoric mammals.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 1:27

Looks like the new Spinosaurus will be about 1:65 scale as opposed to the 2019, which is ~1:35 to 1:40.  The Daspletosaurus and Baryonyx both look they will be about 1:40, though, based on the lengths Safari provides.  Granted, these are very rough estimates since I cannot take the curves of the figures into consideration until they are in hand, but none of them seem to feature dramatic curves that would vastly change the lengths.

The Black Leopard, based upon the height of the figure, which seems to be more or less the shoulder height of the figure (give or take a few millimeters) appears to be roughly 1:12 to 1:15 scale (1:11 to 1:15).  Again, this may change once measured in hand.  Some comparisons to other figures:

2021 Black Leopard = 5.38cmH  (~1:11 to 1:15 scale)
WS Jaguar = 5.21cmH  (1:14 to 1:17 scale)
WS Lioness = 7.24cmH  (1:12 to 1:15 scale)
WS Bengal Tiger = 5.97cmH  (1:15 to 1:18 scale)
WS Serval = 4.9cmH  (1:11 to 1:13 scale)
WS NAW Mountain Lion = 5.84cmH  (1:11 to 1:15 scale)
WS NAW Canada Lynx = 5.33cmH  (1:11 to 1:13 scale)

The Maned Wolf has it's head turned, so I added a little to the length Safari gives (4" long) and calculated the scale assuming the true figures length is around 4.1" to 4.25".  The scale is approximately 1:10.  I then took the figure height Safari gives, 8.55cm, and assumed that the shoulder height is roughly between 7.8cm and 8.2cm.  Again, the figure scales to approximately 1:10.  So I'd say the Maned Wolf will be approximately 1:10 scale, which will make it dramatically largely than the CollectA version, which I believe is between 1:13 and 1:19 scale.  This will make the figure larger than what most people here collect.  A comparison of some of Safari's medium sized canid figures:

WS African Wild Dog = 7.11cm tall  (life size 60-75cm shoulder height)
WS Dingo = 7.11cm tall  (life size 40-65cm shoulder height)
WS NAW Coyote = 6.35cm tall  (life size 53-61cm shoulder height)
WS NAW Black Wolf (howling) = 7.11cm tall  (life size 66-91cm shoulder height)
2019 WS NAW Gray Wolf = 6.5cm tall  (life size 66-81cm shoulder height)
WS NAW White Wolf = 5.59cm tall  (life size 64-79cm shoulder height)
WS Maned Wolf = 8.55cm tall  (life size 74-90cm shoulder height)

I won't even attempt the Zebra, given the posture of the figure doesn't allow for any assumptions to be made about length or height.  But I believe the former Zebra was 1:20 or 1:24 (don't quote me, though).  So it may well be about the same size.

Anyway, that should give us some idea of the size of the figures we are getting compared with figures we already have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 2:41

The maned wolf is wonderful. The south american toob is nice species wise, the spinosaurus has a beautiful color pallete. The wolf dragon is an interesting idea but I don't understand the necessity and I don't think the right effect is pulled off.

The mini bigfoot is.... unfortunate. The regular scale model is much better.

If this is all for 2021 I'm happy given the circumstances. sunny

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 3:36

Disappointing for me, the only figure I would even consider is the maned wolf, but I will wait time see what it looks like in person if it is good enough to replace my CollectA one (but I doubt it.) The rainforest toob is nice and the figures are well made but none suit my interests. The leopard and zebra do not interest me at all, and other than that nothing is in my range. Maybe they will release more figures now, starting from the first hints again? If not, my bank account will be grateful this year...

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 3:47

The armored T-Rex and Triceratops are wonderful. Reminds me a little for Dino Riders and are perfect for one of my stories.
Maned wolf and Panther are also nice, also the Toobs.

And: NO HORSES Razz bounce

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 3:54

I'm a little unsure on the paintjob of the face of the maned wolf but none the less,i'll pick it up to go with my wild canine collection at some point. Looks like that's going to be about it for me this coming year though.

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 4:22

I have to agree with you, Rogerio. The maned wolf looks awkward, more like an anthro figure than a normal long legged, tailed canid- and I don't like anthro. I hope it's just a bad image and not so jarring in real life. Funny but I think I most look forward to the arapaima.
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 5:23

I sadly need to agree, there isn't anything really exciting... The Maned wolf is too big and the paintjob does indeed look awkward, although I really do like the pose and some great fur details that seem to be even better than Collecta's.
The South America Toob is sadly a let-down, maybe I was expecting too much, but the Harpy is a nice surprise and looks to be nice addition, anteater and sloth seem to be great models too, just all missing a better paintjob. The biggest disappointment is the Jaguar.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 6:00

arafan wrote:
The biggest disappointment is the Jaguar.

Does it help if its a leopard and not a jaguar? Its marketed as a panther but to me its head shape is clearly that of a leopard. Not muscular enough to be a jaguar.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 9:50

For me disappointing, Shocked Sad
I carried so much hope in this brand which brought me a lot of joy in recent years! cheers I love you
The maned wolf and perhaps the melanistic panther; Wink
the Toob the only species that I do not land is the Amazon dolphin but not in the program I am expecting a larger room. study scratch
Sad no birds in the world this year! affraid Crying or Very sad
I fully understand this weak release this Difficult and unusual year and can wait for the rebound for 2022. arrow cheers bounce I love you
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 11:14

Safari Ltd. used to be my favorite brand but now... I don´t know :/ As a zebra guy... I´m very dissapointed. Very! Mad Mad Mad Crying or Very sad

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 11:48

Revisiting the new revealed pictures again and reading it, I am convinced it is not all for 2021. It seems Safari mentions that they cannot present all releases yet?
Tere’s no horses, dogs, Incredible Creatures, Sealife, Wings of the World and more surprising, there’s no North American Wildlife, a priority for this company. I am sorry for not quoting Paige’s post but the South American toob features a jaguar once there are no leopards in America and the black panther is a leopard as it is described by Safari while providing the scientific name (Panthera pardus).
So, let’s hope Safari will still surprise us for 2021! bounce bounce

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Nov 2020 - 12:17

Yes yes, please surprise us Safari! Very Happy bounce bounce
And especially, with another wonderful dog! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics   Safari Ltd New  for 2021... And now the pics - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari Ltd New for 2021... And now the pics
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next