Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)

Go down 
+40
SeanieP
twilighter
Michelle
jarda
QuollMate
Saien
donny ong
Barti
pouchedrat
pipsxlch
arafan
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Fossa
Arctinus
Saarlooswolfhound
Loon
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Megaptera
MansoBoricua
Gecko08
aschuck
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Shanti
Stripedhyena
lucky luke
Caracal
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
widukind
bmathison1972
LukaLeon085
Roger
Kangaroa
Pardofelis
Gwaine
spacelab
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
spacelab

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:26 pm

I'm afraid not, the full list (without all the images yet) is on the first post.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:32 pm

spacelab wrote:
I'm afraid not, the full list (without all the images yet) is on the first post.
What a pity... At least we still have Papo and (I hope) Safari...
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This guy looks at the Schleich Saddlebred Gelding and tells him 'I am you, but better'

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm

Yeah, that's like someone sorted out all the awkward anatomy and gave it a handsome face, too!

I love that handsomeness in horse breeds which aren't actually pretty, how the features which should combine into ugliness are what makes them look so good. Hard to explain, I know what I mean Laughing

But I REALLY love the paint horse, another like the arabian where it looks so impossibly good for a factory model that I'm a little worried that's an artist paintjob and the real models won't live up to it. So much detailing in the edges where the white meets the colour, it looks like brushstrokey hand painted work, and I'm not sure any mass-production masking could be that intricate.

The Hanoverian looks lovely in dappled grey, another to go straight on my wishlist despite having the bay already. Resolve to stick to one colour per horse sculpt in my CollectA collection is totally gone now, there's just too many good colours being done to leave them out for such a slight reason.

Orlov Trotter the paintjob's not so nicely done, the dapples look very paint-splatty, but the sculpt I like, the expression and pose of the horse are nice and it does capture the feel and attitude of the breed - I'd enjoy repainting a couple in various stages of dappled grey.

The iguana is my favourite of the non-equine releases so far, really crisp detailing and (although I admit I'm no expert) looks a good realistic sculpt for proportions and anatomy?

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:38 pm

George wrote:

I love that handsomeness in horse breeds which aren't actually pretty, how the features which should combine into ugliness are what makes them look so good. Hard to explain, I know what I mean Laughing

I love that sentence. cheers
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:56 pm

So, the last batch will be the Bison, Monkfish, Yakutian-Horse (maybe an interesting breed) and the Amphibian&Reptile Miniatures... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 2:00 pm

Sizes that might interest some:

Elephant: 18,5 X 11 cm (W x H)
Iguana: 13,8 X 6,2 cm (W x H)
Edmontosaurus: 34 X 12,5 cm (W x H)

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Thank you Spacelab for posting pictures and sizes!

That is the best iguana I've seen and even though bigger than I'd like, I really love the details and it actually looks like a real one unlike other iguanas I have.

The African elephant also really looks nice to me, I don't like the few Schleich elephants I have.

Definitely could have gotten better releases but the iguana and python were very nice to see, and I really would like to see the monkfish, I just wish the figures weren't so big.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 pm

Thanks once more Kostas! cheers
Oh, my first impact with the elephant was not the best but after giving a little more atention to it, I am really excited! bounce Also, we know CollectA figures are really detailed when we have the chance of having them in our hands.
Good legs, great texture, nice tusks and very good trunk.
The ears are the most disturbing, it may be the angle but they look round to me, at least I can't see that abrupt angle we see on African bush elephants.
Aren't they more like an African Forest elephant?

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Please Collecta a bird and a monkey bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:23 pm

scratch scratch scratch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Gwaine wrote:
This guy looks at the Schleich Saddlebred Gelding and tells him 'I am you, but better'

That's what I thought too! Razz

Shame Collecta horses are so big. I love them, but they just look like giants in my Schleich barn.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:35 pm

OK, with those sizes, I will get the iguana to replace my Wild Safari figure.

The elephant I am on the fence about, as I really do like my Wild Safari elephant.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:47 pm

The elephant and iguana look lovely! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Arctinus

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 6:19 pm

I really like the elephant and the iguana. Will certainly get those two. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 6:57 pm

Iguana and elephant are definitely on my wishlist now! Interesting that Schleich and CollectA are coming out with green iguanas in the same year when we haven’t had a main brand one in so long. And I’ve been just waiting for CollectA to try their hand at an elephant after their beautiful hippo, koala, and other revamps.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 8:38 pm

I wonder what could be in a “mini volcano” set, but my hopes aren’t high. I guess I’ll have to accept another poor year for collecting ahead.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 10:07 pm

Prehistoric is always right. cheers

Wild animals: A little bit disappointing and no new species. Neutral

Horses: Tooo much  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 11:52 am

The Elephant looks good, but it's definitely a sad year for the Wildlife collectors. We don't know the Safari novelties, yet, but I am personally not comfortable with the scale of their figures. Maybe we became too spoiled, since Collecta gave us a treasures that we wouldn't dare to dream 10 years ago and perhaps pushed the other brands to be more creative. Nevertheless we are living in exciting times, when more and more people are interested in  rare and endangered Wildlife and need to give Collecta the credit for their contribution to that.

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 9:11 pm

Michelle wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Shame Collecta horses are so big. I love them, but they just look like giants in my Schleich barn.

Combined photos of both Saddlebreds by Schleich and CollectA in one photo and sent this to Schleich. Expect not much but we will see. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 9:34 pm

Shanti wrote:
Michelle wrote:
Gwaine wrote:

Combined photos of both Saddlebreds by Schleich and CollectA in one photo and sent this to Schleich. Expect not much but we will see. Laughing

It's a nice comparison, and makes me see Schleich's version isn't quite so much of a giraffe as I thought at first. I still prefer Schleich's style more myself, even if they're not as realistic.
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 11:42 pm

I also prefer Schleich horses. Collecta horses are too big and have bendy legs. Many of them cannot stand.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 11:57 pm

I prefer undoubtfully CollectA horses but I confess this new horse is very similar with the Schleich Saddlebred. Fortunately nobody is telling it is a copy because they're clearly not. Though, Schleich Saddlebred doesn't look at all as a traditional Schleich horse, it has long legs, small head, I only see Schleich in the hairy parts. This kind of design was always more typical from CollectA, look at their Morgan of 2014.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 9:11 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
I also prefer Schleich horses. Collecta horses are too big and have bendy legs. Many of them cannot stand.

I've got a lot of CollectA horses (one of each release, plus multiple custom repaints) and I've only ever had one which couldn't stand without wobbling - and that was bought second hand in a mixed 'played-with' lot and looked like it'd been stored in a box and had the legs pushed too close together.
The bendy translucent white plastic was used for a couple of years a really long time ago, the company changed it and now they're solid coloured plastic instead.
'Too big' is just a scale preference so I won't defend them against that one, you're quite right to think that if your collection is smaller scale, but I had to stick up for the bendy legs because they're just not made that way any more Laughing

spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 10:31 am

George said it very well, I fully agree.
About size now, I know Schleich horse collectors consider CollectA horses "too big", but what is absurd is that in real CollectA horses are perfect for the Schleich miniature farm world, while Schleich horses are too small for the Schleich world. It's like the elephants and giraffes from all brands, they are all too small for the current wild life models.

If my measurements are correct, CollectA horses stand between the 1:16 to 1:18 scale (an average close to 1:17), which is the most common scale for mid to big-sized farm animal models.  
I definitely respect size and scale issues from everyone, so the correct approach for me would be that CollectA horses are big for Schleich horses or some other brand horses, but they have the best size for building up a more realistic miniature collection of animals in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next