Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)

Go down 
+40
SeanieP
twilighter
Michelle
jarda
QuollMate
Saien
donny ong
Barti
pouchedrat
pipsxlch
arafan
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Fossa
Arctinus
Saarlooswolfhound
Loon
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Megaptera
MansoBoricua
Gecko08
aschuck
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Shanti
Stripedhyena
lucky luke
Caracal
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
widukind
bmathison1972
LukaLeon085
Roger
Kangaroa
Pardofelis
Gwaine
spacelab
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:25 pm

New image of the Footballfish from Collecta

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 10:59 pm

Nice Figure, i want it. ^^

Footfallfish sounds funny. lol!

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 07, 2022 3:29 am

scratch it still looks like they sculpted eyelids to me- but I still want it.
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 1:29 am

From Andy we can see only prehistoric models, but it is nice to see them so soon.
So here is one more :

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 2:26 pm

The Smok is really a fantastic model. I probably would prefer another kind of coloring but the sculpt and pose are really fantastic! cheers

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 5:23 pm

Thank you Kosta for sharing this Youtube presentation of a this very apealing model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 2:07 am

Andy certainly is a lucky man, he might be the first customer so far to have that figure..

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 6:45 am

Gecko08 wrote:
New image of the Footballfish from Collecta

The lure of the figure glooms in the dark? That would be quite interesting!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 8:08 pm

I asked Minizoo if they had an idea for when CollectA’s 2022 figures would start to arrive and they were kind enough to send me this list. All the stuff I’m interested in comes out in June but there are some horse and prehistoric releases planned for February.

Here is the list:

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 8:37 pm

Thanks, A few prehistoric and repainted models for February, all the rest for June. Let's save money for June then. Laughing

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 9:32 pm

Damn. Paraceratherium in June. Evil or Very Mad And then it will be september. silent

But Smok and the Cooperoceras in Feb. Thats good. cheers

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2022 10:26 pm

These dates mean I can look forward to seeing real people's photos of the models then, but they'll actually arrive in stock with the retailers over here on a sort of time-delay of several months - last year we got the first half of the horses toward the end of the summer, and the second half at the end of October.
We always seem to be one of the last countries to receive the stock, patience is essential if you want to collect CollectA but live on an island Laughing

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 3:35 am

Minizoo just announced that the rest of the CollectA 2022 figures are in stock.

I don't know if its just me, but based on the image, the elephant, python, and bison look nothing like the stock photos. The elephant looks proportioned really weirdly, same with the bison. The snake just doesn't have good paintwork..

Is this just me? Hopefully not all of them look like this

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 3:37 am

The drawing of the elephant looks like an Indian elephant to me but the model is African?
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 8:22 am

The bison looks like a teenager who regrets having his hair done by his mum using a home-highlighting kit Laughing Such a shame, the promo image showed a gorgeous paintjob which really picked out the detail in the sculpt, but that white's just...not subtle.

I knew the new horse paintjobs were possibly too good to be true, now I'm not expecting much when the 'real' pictures filter through.

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 9:11 am

That's the problem with CollectA, the painting of promotional models is not the same than the painting of sold models. I remember well As I was deceptived When I received my Grevy zebra! :-/
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 10:57 am

Should we take this illustration as reference? I think it worth to wait. My experience with CollectA figures is quite positive in terms of paintwork.
Jolie, is it your recent experience with Mojö models the reason of your skepticism? Remember the rule. Papo figures, better to get the earlier production batches. Mojö models, better to wait for future production batches. Wink That's easy to say, I know. Laughing I really hope this elephant and especially the bison turn into good figures. I don't have a really good modern American bison figure in my collection.

thebritfarmer wrote:
The drawing of the elephant looks like an Indian elephant to me but the model is African?

The model is African and the drawing also shows an African elephant but it looks very distorted.

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 2:12 pm

Yes I am a bit skeptical now after the 2022 Mojo figures. I bought CollectA's 2021 models as soon as they were released last year and those were wonderful when I received them.

Based on this photo I think the alpaca and iguana look really great. I was planning on getting the elephant, penguin chicks, python, iguana, bison, anglerfish, & peraceratherium. Now I think I'll wait until I see photos in hand.

I am very happy with both my Safari bison, I was just really hoping for this CollectA one to be the best. Hopefully the elephant looks better in hand too, but for now I will wait. There is no rush Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 4:25 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Yes I am a bit skeptical now after the 2022 Mojo figures. I bought CollectA's 2021 models as soon as they were released last year and those were wonderful when I received them.

Based on this photo I think the alpaca and iguana look really great. I was planning on getting the elephant, penguin chicks, python, iguana, bison, anglerfish, & peraceratherium. Now I think I'll wait until I see photos in hand.

I am very happy with both my Safari bison, I was just really hoping for this CollectA one to be the best. Hopefully the elephant looks better in hand too, but for now I will wait. There is no rush Laughing

Those are figures we expect to see on forum to judge better. However, CollectA uses to be good with their initial production batches. I suspect [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] bought a later batch of the zebra.
About the alpaca, I am almost sure it is the best we've ever seen.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 4:37 pm

Someone on ATF got early figures for Blog review, and they look just fine. The bison does seen a bit washed out (I am sticking with the original CollectA bison anyway), but the iguana, snake, and others look good

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 5:02 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Someone on ATF got early figures for Blog review, and they look just fine. The bison does seen a bit washed out (I am sticking with the original CollectA bison anyway), but the iguana, snake, and others look good

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope the washed out effect is because the pictures have excessive light. The iToi Paraceratherium also looks washed out in his pic and we know it does not look like this.
Iguana and anglerfish are just phenomenal and this elephant defintely looks like an African forest elephant. Now I'm quite doubtful about the bison but I really want the elephant, the alpaca and the python.

George

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 5:12 pm

Seeing the new Saddlebred sculpt next to the older Hanoverian re-issued in a new colour really contrasts the thick legs with the thinner ones, doesn't it. I'll still buy one, and enjoy having him I'm sure, so it's not enough to put me off or turn a review negative as CollectA are still up there among the best toy plastic horses on the market.
In general the anatomy is sound, the breeds are typey in proportion and pose, and the heads are always handsome. They're keeping their integrity and appeal as realistic model horses, and I'll stick with them as one of my favourites to collect more breeds and different colours...but it's just a bit of a shame that the older moulds got to be so elegantly fine-limbed, and the new ones all have to have draft horse legs on Laughing

Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 6:05 pm

Thank you for the link with the images! I think the Minizoo photo just had the elephant at a weird angle, it looks much better in these photos. The bison looks better too, although I did wish the paint was a little better... not sure if I will get it or not.

The iguana & anglerfish look fantastic, I'm really glad I wanted those 2 the most.

Alpaca looks great and the penguins are alright. Snake looks alright too. I like the peraceratherium too.

So I'm just on the fence with the python and bison.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 6:37 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Thank you for the link with the images! I think the Minizoo photo just had the elephant at a weird angle, it looks much better in these photos. The bison looks better too, although I did wish the paint was a little better... not sure if I will get it or not.

The iguana & anglerfish look fantastic, I'm really glad I wanted those 2 the most.

Alpaca looks great and the penguins are alright. Snake looks alright too. I like the peraceratherium too.

The way I see it, there are lots of good bison figures, so if one the fence about this one, there are other good ones to choose from. I won't be getting the bison nor the elephant. I am unlikely to replace a species in my collection that is commonly made for slight improvements. But the python will be a new/unique species from what I can tell, and the chances of another showing up any time soon is probably pretty unlikely, so I'm going for it!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 9:31 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Joliezac wrote:

The way I see it, there are lots of good bison figures, so if one the fence about this one, there are other good ones to choose from. I won't be getting the bison nor the elephant. I am unlikely to replace a species in my collection that is commonly made for slight improvements. But the python will be a new/unique species from what I can tell, and the chances of another showing up any time soon is probably pretty unlikely, so I'm going for it!

Yeah I have the older CollectA bison, 2 Adult Schleich ones, the Schleich baby, and both Safari bison. The Safari ones are pretty much perfect I think so the only reason for me to get this bison would be so I can have a herd for a diorama/photos

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next