Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)

Go down 
+40
SeanieP
twilighter
Michelle
jarda
QuollMate
Saien
donny ong
Barti
pouchedrat
pipsxlch
arafan
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Fossa
Arctinus
Saarlooswolfhound
Loon
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Megaptera
MansoBoricua
Gecko08
aschuck
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Shanti
Stripedhyena
lucky luke
Caracal
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
widukind
bmathison1972
LukaLeon085
Roger
Kangaroa
Pardofelis
Gwaine
spacelab
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 12:41 pm

spacelab wrote:
pouchedrat wrote:
it looks as though CollectA has changed from an exciting company producing quality rare and unusual species animal figures which appealed to the collectors market, to a cheap plastic toy manufacturer? 2021, and so far 2022, I'm disappointed and uninspired by CollectA,

Cheap plastic toys? I'm sure the quality is much better than in the past. I guess you are not excited with the species the last couple of years and we all have issues with the diversity lately, but that's a worldwide issue with every kind of product these days.

Still, I believe CollectA stands with dignity in the animal replicas world, offering 35 models in 2021, I think about 30 of them were brand-new.
Papo announced 15, with 3 of them being repaints and about 5 of them are not even released yet and they seem to be in a total mess with their strategic...  Mojo had just 12 (good) models with all of them being popular common species (one was a different paintjob) and Safari's offerings were even less, much less...
Only Schleich had similar offerings in numbers, but Schleich is a different thing, they can handle a crisis after all these years and even so they can't match the realism of CollectA. Strategy-wised as we all understand.

Anyway, like you, there is almost nothing that I'm especially interested of the 2022 models so far, but I like what I see (except of the repainted penguin that was an inexpedient choice) and I have great respect in what they are still doing.

Wink

Applause Applause Applause  And there is at least one more batch to discover I guess.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Arctinus wrote:

The one that's really going downhill is Schleich, but that's just my personal opnion and tastes differ. Very Happy

No, Schleich managed the best in the pandemic and they have a good product range. Yes, their figures are expensive, but Collecta and Safari the same.

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 14, 2021 8:49 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
Arctinus wrote:

The one that's really going downhill is Schleich, but that's just my personal opnion and tastes differ. Very Happy

No, Schleich managed the best in the pandemic and they have a good product range. Yes, their figures are expensive, but Collecta and Safari the same.

Yes, but, like I said, for me personally, the've gone downhill with their cartoonish looking figures. I was hoping they'd change that with their next release, and the puma really doesn't look bad, but they still haven't convinced me. :) Sadly, they're the only brand available here in physical shops. I just hope their 2023 release is better. Very Happy

And to stay on topic, it's still Sunday here and I'm already excited for Friday, which I assume will be when Collecta announce their next set of figures. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 2:49 am

spacelab wrote:
pouchedrat wrote:
it looks as though CollectA has changed from an exciting company producing quality rare and unusual species animal figures which appealed to the collectors market, to a cheap plastic toy manufacturer? 2021, and so far 2022, I'm disappointed and uninspired by CollectA,

Cheap plastic toys? I'm sure the quality is much better than in the past. I guess you are not excited with the species the last couple of years and we all have issues with the diversity lately, but that's a worldwide issue with every kind of product these days.

Still, I believe CollectA stands with dignity in the animal replicas world, offering 35 models in 2021, I think about 30 of them were brand-new.
Papo announced 15, with 3 of them being repaints and about 5 of them are not even released yet and they seem to be in a total mess with their strategic...  Mojo had just 12 (good) models with all of them being popular common species (one was a different paintjob) and Safari's offerings were even less, much less...
Only Schleich had similar offerings in numbers, but Schleich is a different thing, they can handle a crisis after all these years and even so they can't match the realism of CollectA. Strategy-wised as we all understand.

Anyway, like you, there is almost nothing that I'm especially interested of the 2022 models so far, but I like what I see (except of the repainted penguin that was an inexpedient choice) and I have great respect in what they are still doing.

Wink

Very well said, Kostas. I totally agree and think CollectA is still the best right now.

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 2:50 am

Kikimalou wrote:
spacelab wrote:
pouchedrat wrote:

Wink

Applause Applause Applause  And there is at least one more batch to discover I guess.  Very Happy

I believe two more batches are coming.

Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 15, 2021 2:42 pm

I am very glad that Collecta continues its prehistoric mammals line cheers The other models are amazing too Applause Applause For me, Collecta is the best brand in recent years.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2021 7:38 am

Praying for another prehistoric mini set that isn’t dinosaurs!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 4:44 am

I have the complete list here. First: Tooooo much horses. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:07 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
I have the complete list here. First: Tooooo much horses. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I've just seen it too, and I don't know, to be honest, I was expecting at least one rare species (specially as they could easily have used some other species), but anyway, can't wait to see the new models, hope they look great! cheers bounce

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 8:58 am

The good news is that our guesses were right and there seems to be a new African Elephant. Green Iguana and American bison might be interesting, though the Iguana is on the XL category, so it will be very big. A monkfish?
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 am

I have updated the list on the first post. Does anyone know what is the YAKUTISCHER breed?
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 10:19 am

So that´s all? Sad
Quite disappointing second year from CollectA. The Bison could be a good update for my collection, the African Elephant if it´s as good as Mojo and fits with the size of my Asian Elepant.

The Green Python could be to big for me, I have to wait comparison photos. The Monkfish seems the most obscure species - but with fishes I always have to wait the size, especially as I already have an excellent Eikoh figure.
The Mini-Set with Reptiles and Amphibians could be quite interesting - their miniatures are very well made. However it depends on the presented species. The last items where always just miniatures of the figures made in normal size. So maybe we get some of those: Red-eyed Tree Frog, Bearded Dragon-lizzard, Frill-Necked Lizard, Thorny Dragon, Cameroon Sailfin Chameleon, Darwin's Frog, Komodo Dragon, Green Anaconda, Nile Crocodile, Pinta Island Tortoise and maybe Iguana and Green Python.
Back to top Go down
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 10:59 am

As much as I like the long list of horses and know CollectA will do the obscure breeds justice, the lack of antelopes really does sort of disappoint me.

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 11:15 am

spacelab wrote:
I have updated the list on the first post. Does anyone know what is the YAKUTISCHER breed?

Answering my question, I guess it is the Yakutian : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also the Oryol has to be the Orlov Trotter, right? These 2 are interesting breeds, not commonly presented..
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 2:27 pm

Another green iguana for 2022 sounds very nice but I'm not a huge fan of the large figures, I guess it may be the same size as the green tree python? If it looks as good as the python I'll probably end up getting it. The monkfish I'm excited for I just hope its not too big. The African elephant and bison may be nice, however I was fine with their current bison. Was hoping for a bit more variety but with so many amazing figures from Papo this year I'm okay with that. At least I can save some money Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:29 pm

Another hungry year for CollectA, moreover, I am not sure if just the elephant or bison are the most awaiting animals among the collectors Sad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:32 pm

Apparently the boa and the monkfish are the unusual species for CollectA in 2022.
I am happy that there's a new bison and African elephant in this list, always as long as tthey are new sculpts. We predicted a new African elephant, a key species that has not been updated yet in their range and CollectA really needed it. About the American bison, to be fair, I think the old model is still competitive, maybe they should replace the African buffalo instead.
New horses are quite exciting, I didn't know the Orlov Trotter was also known as ORYOL trotter what is strange since I've read about it a lot before suggesting it to Mojö Fun.
The Siberian horse is completely new to me, two Russian breeds in the same year not long after the Russian Don. It seems Russia is an important market for them. It may look somewhat ironical since the North American market is their main focus for horses since they're cooperating with Breyer.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 3:45 pm

I have the older CollectA American bison, and I highly doubt I'll replace it any time soon.

Strong bets the elephant is a repainted, re-textured version of the older one, but we shall see. I am still very happy with the 1997 Safari mold (prefer the newer paint and texture, however).

The monkfish could be interesting and potentially a different species than the Eikoh one.

The reptiles tube will probably be smaller versions of species already made, following suit with their insects and dinos tubes.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:10 pm

Is this the new Bison 2022? The description says so Very Happy

Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:14 pm

I just see the old one.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Ok, sorry!
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Yakut ponies are brilliant, I'll be really happy to have one for my collection, it's a breed I've wanted to add for a really long while but never found a body that suited being a custom, let alone hoped for anyone to release a specific model. One of my friends used to say my first pony was 'secretly Yakut' cos she grew such a long shaggy winter coat (I measured a hair once - four inches long!). 'Grey' for it sounds a little bit disappointing, when they come in so many lovely shades of dun, but I'll wait and see - the Icelandic described as 'light brown' turned out to be a very shaded bay dun, so perhaps the Yakut will be grey but not grey Laughing

The saddlebred also sounds promising, they've not done many gaited breeds yet and they always have potential to be very flashy models.

Funnily enough I painted a custom Orlov Trotter the other day, the first to enter my herd, so it's nice to know she won't have the breed page to herself for too long, if a CollectA one can join her!

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2021 11:09 am

spacelab wrote:
The good news is that our guesses were right and there seems to be a new African Elephant. Green Iguana and American bison might be interesting, though the Iguana is on the XL category, so it will be very big. A monkfish?
The African elephant could have easily modeled as a Forest elephant, would have pleased a lot of collectors. The Bison could have gone really well as a Wisent, would have been really interesting education wise too, but whatever, I hope for a new antelope (Gerenuk?) for 2023.

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 11:37 am

3RD BATCH

88966 - AFRICAN ELEPHANT

88965 - GREEN IGUANA

88948 - EDMONTOSAURUS (CollectA Deluxe, 1:40 Scale)

88954 - AMERICAN SADDLEBRED STALLION liver chestnut

88956 - APPALOOSA STALLION Bay Overo Paint

88957 - HANOVERIAN STALLION Dappled Grey

88961 - ORYOL MARE Dark-Grey

The first post has been updated too, with the 3 batches together.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Spacelab, thank you very much for the images!

But please... They are not going to take out any interesting mammals and birds???? Embarassed
Horses, horses, horses... “Prehistoric" fauna...
More elephants with irrelevant postures? More penguins?!

Last edited by Stripedhyena on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next