Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)

Go down 
+40
SeanieP
twilighter
Michelle
jarda
QuollMate
Saien
donny ong
Barti
pouchedrat
pipsxlch
arafan
Taos
Duck-Anch-Amun
Fossa
Arctinus
Saarlooswolfhound
Loon
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Megaptera
MansoBoricua
Gecko08
aschuck
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Shanti
Stripedhyena
lucky luke
Caracal
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
widukind
bmathison1972
LukaLeon085
Roger
Kangaroa
Pardofelis
Gwaine
spacelab
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 9:11 am

Still waiting for a Guanako or Vikunja...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 11:28 am

I am really excited about the paraceratherium, it is 22 cm x 15 cm high as mentioned previously, I think it is large enough to be impressive next to other mammal figures. Also, CollectA is the only brand able of offering large figures for affordable prices.
As an element of comparison, their African elephant is 16x10cm. If a paraceratherium is not large, it lacks its main feature. Is anyone able of calculating a scale based on these measurements?

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 11:45 am

I believe 1:35 or close to this..what do you think?
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 5:33 pm

1/32 scale  Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 pm

spacelab wrote:

Oh, yes, using the measurements provided, the catalogue and based on shoulder height I also get a scale close to 1:35 considering Wikipedia 4,8 metters is an updated estimative.
It means this figure will work perfectly with the superb EoFauna mammals! cheers Maybe it is not just coincidence.

rogerpgvg wrote:
1/32 scale  Wink

Laughing Sure Roger, most of the animals have a range of sizes that 1:35 work for 1:32 without any effort. I think it is a good idea that you start considering it. Wink

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:

Oh, yes, using the measurements provided, the catalogue and based on shoulder height I also get a scale close to 1:35 considering Wikipedia 4,8 metters is an updated estimative.
It means this figure will work perfectly with the superb EoFauna mammals! cheers Maybe it is not just coincidence.

rogerpgvg wrote:
1/32 scale  Wink

Laughing Sure Roger, most of the animals have a range of sizes that 1:35 work for 1:32 without any effort. I think it is a good idea that you start considering it. Wink

Did you calculate those based on the catalogue's measurements? The catalogue measurements (22 x 14 cm) are probably total length and height, not shoulder height.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:16 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:
spacelab wrote:

rogerpgvg wrote:
1/32 scale  Wink

Did you calculate those based on the catalogue's measurements? The catalogue measurements (22 x 14 cm) are probably total length and height, not shoulder height.

Yes but I understand your question because I calculated it wrong. Shoulder height is not higher than 12 cm so the scale is 1/40 or even smaller. Sad I think I wanted it so much to be 1:35 that I went directly to that result. Laughing
The angle is also not flat, shoulder point is not easy to determine in this figure and we get several different measurements of the real creature. I see the eoFauna straight-tusked elephant is 12,5 cm high on top of the head so the Paraceratherium is probably not much larger.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 11:08 pm

I hope for a Stellers sea cow.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 8:41 am

I don't have much to collect with this first installment. Well almost...
The baby whale seems well done but collecting the babies is not really a priority for me, lack of space and also lack of interest.
It is the same for the alpaca, it is very pretty but it is a domestic animal.
The horses seem very well done (to tell the truth I don't know anything about it) but nothing surprising or new.
There remains prehistory.
The Pteranodon (Geosternbergia as it is called now) is quite well done but makes me really want to take out my paints and my brushes.
I would like to see what it looks next to the 2021 Pteranodon.
I like the swimming Spinosaurus, I have in my collection the Kinto Favorite but this newcomer is very different, a bit more modern anatomy and relaxing pose. If it is really at 1/40 I would put one aside.
Finally the Parceratherium! Among the animals of the past, I particularly like those from the world before or after the dinosaurs. It must be my perverted side.
the Parceratherium is an animal that I would like to add to my collection again (I own the Fauna cast model).
I like the idea of ​​making a version with proboscis but it stops there. I have a big problem with this newcomer, as with his predecessor by the way, with his thin legs and cute little feet, he looks like an animal the size of a moose not an animal with a 5m shoulder height and weighing between 11 and 20 tons. It is not realistic to me, nor is the invasion of the giant ants. An animal of this size and especially this weight should have wider feet and big legs to be able to stand on it.
Well I hope the second part of the team will save the game for me.

Pardofelis wrote:
P. S. This is one, if not the main, reason for me not collecting prehistoric. One never can be sure of the exact appareance of a fossil species, especially coloration. See now this CollectA Paraceratherium with sparse ginger hair on it's grey skin, and forming tufts on the ears, much likely a Javan rhino. However, classic representation of Paraceratherium was with bare grey skin (and a thinner neck).

This is probably the main reason that makes me collect figurines of long-extinct animals. I love to see the uncertainties, discoveries and changes that are reflected in these different toys. It's another way of looking at a collection Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 4:07 pm

So far so good, I have to admit. I don't find any of the extant figures calling me, I have the MBA baby humpback already to go with its mother and I just got Safari's gorgeous alpaca a few weeks ago. CollectA's are very good still. The prehistoric life on the other hand really strikes me. I'm interested in all three of these revealed so far, especially the spinosaurus. I'm happy we're also getting a properly weird looking paraceratherium; as much as I love my I-Toy version, I'm happy a more modern take has been made. Though, I wish it was a bit less red. Excited to see the next set of reveals.
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: Paraceratherium at last!   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 3:07 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Well, I've read some of the other posts, and I must say, when it comes to prehistoric stuff, I'm not very picky anatomy wise. I'm just glad that CollectA made another Paraceratherium. Yay! Wow, I've never had this one in my collection before! Can't wait to see what the figure looks like in my hand. I wonder if Happy Hen Toys will carry it sometime in the future? Hmm, maybe I should ... oh wait, I've already started my CollectA 2022 searchlist. Unfortunately for me, I still have a lot of figures to get for my collection. Oh well, I guess that's how it is, when you're a collector of this sort of stuff. Anyway, the Paraceratherium is on my list, and I can't wait to see what CollectA is doing for wildlife.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 5:21 am

And i wish, that the Paraceratherium comes in january or march, and NOT in july or later. ^^

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 9:41 am

Some more info about the new models so far:

HUMPBACK WHALE CALF : 2nd half of 2022, 10,5 X 3,5 cm, Medium cat.
ALPACA : 1st half of 2022, 6,6 X 7,6 cm, Medium cat.
APPALOOSA BLUE-ROAN : 1st half of 2022, 14 X 10 cm, XL cat.
NORIKER MARE : 2nd half of 2022, 17,5 X 11,4 cm, XL cat.
PTERANODON STERNBERGI : 1st half of 2022, 15 X 13,5 cm, XL cat.
SPINOSAURUS : 1st half of 2022, 37 X 11 cm, DLX cat.
PARACERATHERIUM : 1st half of 2022, 22 X 14,7 cm, DLX cat.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Thanks for providing the measurements [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
A good size for that alpaca.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:12 pm

So the spino is really 1/40 cheers

Thank you Kostas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 3:31 am

I was excited to see these. Next week will likely have more of the same but hopefully they will show one or two wildlife models too. I like that the alpaca has floof around his face, the Spinosaurus and Paraceratherium are exciting as they represent latest renditions of theory, and the reused appy is also a nice color though it is sign of the constraints that the Pandemic has inflicted.

I hope for NEW and IMPROVED gray wolves. Or even better, any other wild canid species.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 12:57 pm

SECOND batch (12 November)

Emperor Penguin Chicks
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Green Tree Python

Emperor Penguin (Repaint)

Arabian Mare, liver chestnut (Repaint)

Noriker Foal, flaxen chestnut

Cooperoceras

Smok wawelski with Movable Jaw – Deluxe 1:20 Scale

Last edited by spacelab on Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arctinus

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:12 pm

I like the python and the cooperoceras, though, others look really nice, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacelab

spacelab

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:15 pm

The first post has been updated too, with both batches together.
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:47 pm

Really? The possibilities are reduced... Mad
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 1:48 pm

Wow, that liver chestnut paintjob is stunning, it looks good enough to be an artist-painted custom, the idea of spraying brown over the hand-painted blonde mane and tail to give a fade-out effect to the tips is gorgeous. I really hope that's not a one-off prototype that got photographed and the actual production models live up to the design (usually they are honest and photographs match the production models, rather than doing up an excellent artist's proof copy which is nothing like the factory turn out, but that one's SO good I'm doubting the truth of it til I see a model in-hand, hahah)

I'm going to forget all about my old 'pick one colour and stop there' rule with CollectA horses, I can tell now - I already want the second colour Icelandic and the next Appaloosa and now this one's telling me I need two Arabians, too Laughing

Noriker foal's a sweetie, and it's nice to see another draft breed baby for the range, I'll definitely get him to go with the adult.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for presenting these pictures and for updating the first post.
Not really exciting yet. When a green tree python is the most interesting for my collection and I am not too much into snakes, it shows how poor it goes for me.
OK, some emperor chicks, that's new for CollectA and evidently they needed to do something about the parent. A new figure was better but the repaint improves it even if it continues being a modest competitor.
One more color also for that Arabian, I am sure it is a successful mold, it is beautiful but nothing especially exciting either.
Molluscs are not of my interest, maybe they want to build a series with those.
Interesting is the Smok but the painting is very distracting and the sculpt seems somewhat unexpressive for such beast.

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 2:16 pm

Arctinus wrote:
I like the python and the cooperoceras, though, others look really nice, too. Very Happy

Same here.

I didn't know about that extinct critter, i would love to have one of those in an aquarium.

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 2:52 pm

AAAAAAAAAAA! A Rausuchian and a nautiloid. That’s great! Also I’m sure they made their Smok to go with the Lisowicia. Maybe Safari or some other company will make an updated Postosuchus. As of right now, nobody’s made a bipedal Postosuchus. A study was done analyzing the structure of the forelimbs of Postosuchus, and it was discovered they they were too small to balance the rest of its body. But looking at the other fossils of rauisuchians, they all seem quadrupedal, so Collecta made the right choice.

The cooperoceras is a wonderful ammonite.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 3:28 pm

Thank you for posting photos! The green tree python looks really beautiful, although I'm not too crazy about snakes. The emperor penguin chicks are cute but I already have quite a few, too bad they couldn't make chicks of a different species. I'll probably get the alpaca, penguin chicks, and python, but not crazy about anything so far. Maybe next week? Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)   CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2022 Releases - Updated with LAST batch (26 November)
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next