Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)

Go down 
+16
Taos
Bonnie
lolavichor
lucky luke
costicuba
George
Roger
Saien
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Joliezac
widukind
MartinH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Misty

Misty

Country/State : Netherlands

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 7:33 pm

Congratulations Martin with these nice newcomers🎉
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 26, 2023 9:25 pm

Interesting picture of these baby rhinos, I'm not sure I was aware of it. At first I thought only the pose was different but actually even the folds look very different. I have a single set so maybe I can't judge based on such a small sample.

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 8:23 am

Roger wrote:
Interesting picture of these baby rhinos, I'm not sure I was aware of it. At first I thought only the pose was different but actually even the folds look very different. I have a single set so maybe I can't judge based on such a small sample.
Yep I was not sure at first too... I had to check it twice :)) Now I´m happy I have them both...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 8:33 am

Sometimes you find new additions in places where you wouldn't expect it at all... Three horses from the Papo brand were found at the castle in Šternberk, Czech Republic and it couldn't be any other way, they had to be mine. The Irish Cob (brown and white), the Irish Cob (black and white) and the Comtois are the latest additions to my collection...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I still have a little trouble believing that I did it!!! I've been looking for two pieces for my dinosaur section for a few months now... One of them was a Tyrannosaurus Rex from Papo in green, which is also the brand's first dinosaur figure. It was inspired by the movie Jurassic Park, has the catalog number 55001 and was launched in 2005. A few years later in 2012 it was withdrawn from production and is therefore a very valuable collector's item. The brown version of it was made a few years later, but... this is an ORIGINAL with everything. I probably won't even go into detail about the modeling work and details, because this figure probably doesn't have a single flaw! The other is a similarly valuable piece from the dinosaur beginnings of the Papo brand, the Pachyrhinosaurus. Another beautiful horned model that I've been circling around for years but ended up lusting after when it was already hard to find. It was launched in 2010 and retired 8 years later. I still somehow can't believe that I managed to get them all at once and in top condition. Just a collecting spree... and that's the biggest charge yet to come.

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 9:26 am

Do you know what happens to you when you are a collector and break free from the chain?? THIS!!!
I couldn't control myself again and discovered the possibility of getting some old or vintage pieces from the Schleich brand. Really valuable pieces with some rarities. I'll probably start with those... Two blue Erika giraffes expand my collection of rarities. This is a line of blue giraffes from the 1980s depicting a variety of characters. In the regular line of animal figurines, there are also a few rarities, such as a fawn with a bow tie on its butt or a small chimpanzee in a T-shirt. Old versions of tigers from 1994 and 2004. Likewise with male lions. A doe, a European deer, two goats and a Billy goat, a lion, a killer whale, domestic sheep, a brown version of a donkey foal, and Dalmatian, German Shepherd, Bernese Mountain Dog, St. Bernard, and Golden Retriever puppies. These 23 pieces have really expanded my Schleich collection... I'm over the moon!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 am

It's quite surprising the fact you found Papo horses in a castle store. However, Papo is known for their medieval figures so I believe the store decided to include the regular horses in their assortment. Especially those with a more showy appearance.
About your Papo dinos, you surely know how difficult is to find retired Papo figures, especially that iconic green T-rex, I think that Rex was the most iconic one of its time among all brands. I know that figure sold very well, the mold is still in Papo range these days despite being a very outdated rendition of the creature. In any case, it is still a fantastic representation of the T-rex which served as inspiration to it. If you want a figure which is relatively recent and deserves the "Classic" label, it is this one.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 11:56 am

Great additions Martin cheers

Indeed Papo green Trex was something in 2000. I remember the first time I saw him in a shop. He outshone every other Papo or Schleich with a look of "I will eat you ALL" in his eyes, it was incredible. Mine left me years ago, but not the memory of our first meeting. drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 30, 2023 4:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2024 9:46 pm

As a new dinosaur collector, It´s impossible not to have a true legend in my collection! Spinosaurus by Papo France, which was based on the movie Jurassic Park 3. It´s an almost perfect movie copy. It's huge, incredibly detailed and caused me a problem with display space... I can't find a single fault with the sculpting of this model. He is perfect from tooth to claw. I don't really care if it is proportionally correct according to the remains found... I love this model because every JP fan simply has it in their system. Another model is the Kraken. So the latter is considered a mythological creature, about which legends are told, but... who says that it could not have existed during the era of dinosaurs. The model is fantastic to the smallest detail and I think it will fit nicely in the prehistoric section. The present is represented by a German shepherd puppy, a very sophisticated dachshund and a beautiful cat, which Papo just knows how to do.

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 7:46 am

Great new additions! The spino was one of my first Papo figures. I was obsessed with JP3 when I was little. This figure had a lot of play!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 2:58 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 4:09 pm

Joliezac wrote:
Great new additions! The spino was one of my first Papo figures. I was obsessed with JP3 when I was little. This figure had a lot of play!
Same here... I´m a huge fan of JP a JW trilogies. This Spinosaurus was my duty :))) Really amazing figure.

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 4:14 pm

When I was visiting Bítov castle in Czech Republic which boasts a unique collection of fifty-one stuffed dogs of various breeds that belonged to the last owner, baron Jiří Haas, it was understandable that I found Papo figurines in the souvenirs, with a more than abundantly stocked section of dog models. So, despite the unfavorable price, I bought four pieces of dogs, some of which are no longer in production of this brand. Boxer, Brittany Hound, French Bulldog and Dalmatian puppy. Beautiful and well-made models that expand my kennel...

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 4:18 pm

Several older pieces have arrived in my display cases again... Again from the Schleich brand, because I simply have an emotional attachment to the old figures of this brand. A domestic pig with two piglets, a sitting Beagle and St Bernard puppy, three older models of dolphins and one huge but very damaged model of a Whale Shark. I have to say that I don't really mind his damage, but I will try to fix it... Bullyland Chow Chow and Safari Ltd Squirrel with nut. 11 beautiful models who already have their place behind glass.

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 7:07 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 10:34 pm

Nice adds Martin Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 12:27 pm

The black French bulldog and the Epangeul Epagneul Breton are not easy to find. I have the latter and the first is not in my wish list, though I still miss a few Papo retired dogs I want. Bullyland Chow Chow is also not easy to find. Why do you call the Papo Dachshund as sophisticated? Laughing
I confess I like most the newer interpretations of the Spinosaurus as a creature, that crocodile look they have now amazes me, though, from the JP inspired ones, Papo is surely the coolest of them all and even not being a museum piece, it is certainly a very detailed and impressive sort of action figure.

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 8:38 pm

Roger wrote:
The black French bulldog and the Epangeul Epagneul Breton are not easy to find. I have the latter and the first is not in my wish list, though I still miss a few Papo retired dogs I want. Bullyland Chow Chow is also not easy to find. Why do you call the Papo Dachshund as sophisticated? Laughing
I confess I like most the newer interpretations of the Spinosaurus as a creature, that crocodile look they have now amazes me, though, from the JP inspired ones, Papo is surely the coolest of them all and even not being a museum piece, it is certainly a very detailed and impressive sort of action figure.

Papo Dachshund and the level of details, his dignified pose, the texture of his fur make him one of the best dog models by this brand. Small breed but great model :)

lolavichor

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
https://minizoolife.eu/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 9:02 pm

I received 9 newbies from Safari Ltd... An absolutely amazing group of cetaceans and fish that expand my underwater world. Atlantic Whitefish, California Porpoise, Lemon Shark, Sand Shark, Leopard Shark, Bronze Hammerhead and three beautiful Killer Whale models. Absolutely gorgeous pieces with lots of amazing details...

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 9:11 pm

If you're crazy... get it right!! I couldn't resist any longer... As soon as Papo France released a limited edition Spinosaurus (Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus) in 2020, I knew that one day I wanted to have it in my collection... And that day just happened today. It's huge, in a separate box that features a plastic mold that simulates a stand with the brand's beautiful graphics. The back contains information about the species and a comparison of the model to a running T-Rex model. Unfortunately in French, which I don't know very well... The model is really breathtaking. A pose that benefits from the fact that Spinosaurus seems to have moved very well in water, and this fact is also evidenced by the tail, which ends with hints of a fin. An opening jaw that reveals the incredible details inside the mouth... the painting, the texture of the skin, the muscles, the folds,... this model is truly a show piece. And since I must have really gone crazy (and bled financially), I took it right away. New this year Mosasaurus!! A huge marine predator that had no rival in the aquatic realm and Papo created an absolutely gorgeous model. His side-curling tail pose suggests a floating pose, and inside his opening mouth, you'll find incredible detail. Skin texture, artery, fin and one controversial one on the back where it is not known if Mosasaurus really had it. A truly amazing model that was delayed by a year, but it's finally here! Other newcomers to the world of Papo dinosaurs are: The running Tyrannosaurus Rex in its green version, which was inspired by Peter Jackson's film, King Kong (2005), the magnificent Allosaurus, which is one of the best figures of the brand. Incredibly detailed Ankylosaurus in a defensive position with incredibly elaborate armor. Pteranodon from 2006, which is also one of the oldest dino models and his flying pose with all the muscles visible is the absolute bomb. And finally... a wonderfully cute and realistic model of a baby Triceratops, which was inspired by the real-life puppet for the movie Jurassic Park (1993), when the scene where this baby knocks Lex into the mud unfortunately did not make it into the film. Anyway, this figure is really beautiful. So much for my craziness today...

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 9:17 pm

MartinH wrote:
If you're crazy... get it right!! I couldn't resist any longer... As soon as Papo France released a limited edition Spinosaurus (Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus) in 2020, I knew that one day I wanted to have it in my collection... And that day just happened today. It's huge, in a separate box that features a plastic mold that simulates a stand with the brand's beautiful graphics. The back contains information about the species and a comparison of the model to a running T-Rex model. Unfortunately in French, which I don't know very well... The model is really breathtaking. A pose that benefits from the fact that Spinosaurus seems to have moved very well in water, and this fact is also evidenced by the tail, which ends with hints of a fin. An opening jaw that reveals the incredible details inside the mouth... the painting, the texture of the skin, the muscles, the folds,... this model is truly a show piece. And since I must have really gone crazy (and bled financially), I took it right away. New this year Mosasaurus!! A huge marine predator that had no rival in the aquatic realm and Papo created an absolutely gorgeous model. His side-curling tail pose suggests a floating pose, and inside his opening mouth, you'll find incredible detail. Skin texture, artery, fin and one controversial one on the back where it is not known if Mosasaurus really had it. A truly amazing model that was delayed by a year, but it's finally here! Other newcomers to the world of Papo dinosaurs are: The running Tyrannosaurus Rex in its green version, which was inspired by Peter Jackson's film, King Kong (2005), the magnificent Allosaurus, which is one of the best figures of the brand. Incredibly detailed Ankylosaurus in a defensive position with incredibly elaborate armor. Pteranodon from 2006, which is also one of the oldest dino models and his flying pose with all the muscles visible is the absolute bomb. And finally... a wonderfully cute and realistic model of a baby Triceratops, which was inspired by the real-life puppet for the movie Jurassic Park (1993), when the scene where this baby knocks Lex into the mud unfortunately did not make it into the film. Anyway, this figure is really beautiful. So much for my craziness today...

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2024 12:36 am

Oh, you got the special edition of the Spinosaurus. It is one of the most exciting prehistoric figures of ever in my opinion. You did right getting it before it gets completely impossible to afford. It is not easy to pay in its regular price but since those figures use to get overpriced easily, earlier the better.
Thanks also for your observations about the Papo Dachshund. I honestly do not get so impressed with it in pictures, maybe because it is a wire-haired one but I was not expecting the Scottish Terrier to be so good as it is and I get always impressed with Papo dogs when I get them in my hands. I must get one of these too since I want a shorthaired and also a wirehaired.

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 10:49 am

Roger wrote:
Oh, you got the special edition of the Spinosaurus.  It is one of the most exciting prehistoric figures of ever in my opinion. You did right getting it before it gets completely impossible to afford. It is not easy to pay in its regular price but since those figures use to get overpriced easily, earlier the better.
Thanks also for your observations about the Papo Dachshund. I honestly do not get so impressed with it in pictures, maybe because it is a wire-haired one but I was not expecting the Scottish Terrier to be so good as it is and I get always impressed with Papo dogs when I get them in my hands. I must get one of these too since I want a shorthaired and also a wirehaired.

Well I have to admit I´m bit confused about Spinosaurus... it is limited edition but it´s not that hard to get him online... :/ Daschhund is really good. Get him :)

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 11:01 am

Okay, okay... I know. But I can't help it. It was a cucumber season for just about everything, but as they say... the collertor never sleeps... Well, maybe it's not said, but the hunt never ends. And I fished this time... Some Papo, some Safari Ltd., almost all CollectA and one Lady from Bullyland. I won't go into detail, just this bunch of newbies really expanded my collection...

Papo: Running T-Rex, green (fantastic model), Velociraptor (original form with new coat), Stygimoloch (tiny but elaborate).

Safari Ltd.: Holstein Calf (gift), Minke Whale, Okapi (overpriced and absolutely appalling model), Salmon Shark (beautiful model), Asian Animal Tube (Rhinoceros and Indian Elephant, Bengal Tiger, Saiga, Orangutan- taking model, Gharial, Philippine Eagle, Giant Panda), amazing dinosaur skull replicas (11 pieces in total).

CollectA: Welsh Corgi Pembroke (model full of details), Diplodocus (very detailed and in original pose), Angler (absolutely stunning and translucent model...), Morgan horse (new color coat), Jersey cow and calf (first class ), Clydesdale Stallion (new black and white coat), Holstein Stallion, Goblin Shark (Goblin), Llama (beautifully detailed), Amazon Dolphin (beautiful), Pangolin (incredible detail), Boulogne Mare, Longhaired Collie (beautiful), Angel Shark.

Bullyland: Cocker Spaniel Lady from the movie Lady and the Tramp

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next