Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)

Go down 
+16
Taos
Bonnie
lolavichor
lucky luke
costicuba
George
Roger
Saien
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
75senta75
Joliezac
widukind
MartinH
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 3:39 pm

Ana wrote:
MartinH wrote:
Ana wrote:
Welcome back, Martin! And wow, you've got so many beautiful newcomers, congrats! Applause Very Happy
Thank you Anna :) This is just a start :) Between you and me... I´m a crazy person :)

Awesome! I see what you mean, and that's a good kind of crazy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Congrats again, I see many great new models! Yay! cheers Applause

Yes, dinosaur models are very tempting. I also couldn't resist and get one last year. Although not a Papo but PNSO. Very Happy

Cool to see the old Schleich zebra variation. It must be rare, no?

Oh yes... PNSO dinos are superb! I love them too :) I believe that zebra is quite rare now... I have tthem in great shape so I´m super happy about both of them :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 3:46 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Martin, I have this Mojö crocodile and I really love this model. It is incredibly good. My uncertainty about Mojo Alligator is just because I'm quite happy with the fabulous Papo model and I have also the CollectA which is good. I think 2015 Schleich model is quite nice too and of course there is the huge Safari one. It is not being easy to narrow choices for each species these days because most of the newer models are very good. I think crocodilian figures improved a lot these last years. We have [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks also for showing those zebra variations, One is almost the negative film of the other one. So interesting! Maybe the 2nd one works better for a Grant's zebra .

Kikimalou wrote:

About the Mojo Alligator, it is iindeed a must have but I think you are showing pics of the Mojo Crocodile Wink

I think it was my fault. Wink

I agree with that improvement of crocs and gators. They are super detailed in great poses now. I have a small problem with Collecta´s one and I´m still waiting :)
Grant´s zebra was in my head too. I´m glad I´m not alone with that thought Smile

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 4:31 pm

A few new members by Collecta. Dutch horse mare, a sloth, a porcupine, a Persian shorthair, a beagle, an Amur leopard, a snow leopard cub (in an amazing pose before jumping), an extinct Tasmanian marsupial (with a cub in its pouch)... reallyamazing models.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:24 pm

A wonderful range of new additions, I see a lot of very familiar faces in there (I've been collecting CollectA and Mojo horses for a while, sadly only the horses cos I don't have space to diversify!) and lots of others it's great to see in-person photos of, too.

Glad I'm not the only one who uses my own website catalogue to check if I have something or not, I like to think it's created to display my collection but more often than not it's to check things like 'Did I buy that already?' or 'Have I painted one of these before?' before going ahead with some idea I was considering Laughing

Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:44 pm

Amazing Collecta models! cheers Applause Isn't the sloth too big compared to the Schleich, Papo and Mojo sloths?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 7:52 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 11:43 pm

It is not a secret CollectA models are really fantastic! The thylacine with baby is really beautiful but the wombat with the joey only showing the tail is even more esquisite because it might not result appealing as a toy. Though, it is quite realistic, educative and perfectly represented.

Saien wrote:
Amazing Collecta models!  cheers  Applause  Isn't the sloth too big compared to the Schleich, Papo and Mojo sloths?

Yes, it is. sometimes some figures get too big! Laughing
You can see a good comparison picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 3:49 am

Sooo many pieces to admire, congratulations again!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 6:23 pm

George wrote:
A wonderful range of new additions, I see a lot of very familiar faces in there (I've been collecting CollectA and Mojo horses for a while, sadly only the horses cos I don't have space to diversify!) and lots of others it's great to see in-person photos of, too.

Glad I'm not the only one who uses my own website catalogue to check if I have something or not, I like to think it's created to display my collection but more often than not it's to check things like 'Did I buy that already?' or 'Have I painted one of these before?' before going ahead with some idea I was considering Laughing

Thank you so much :) Don´t worry... you´re not the only one :)

Thank you too Andrea and George :)

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 6:27 pm

My Newbies from Safari Ltd. This brand has a special place in my heart... and in my collection too, of course. In all honesty, I don't know another brand that has such a genuine, human and warm relationship with its fans, collectors and customers. My personal experience. Wallaby, Matschie's Kangaroo, Red Deer, Ram, Cape Rook, Coyote Pup and Snow Leopard Kitten are my newest newcomers. They are beautifully detailed and increase the stats of my animal treasures...

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 8:40 pm

Safari is my favorite brand. It was what I got most when I was a kid and it has a special place in my heart also. These additions are wonderful! I was very impressed with the tree kangaroo I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 8:53 pm

You're completely right about Safari and I also love their figures.
Safari is truly a family project made with love.
They prefered to offer a comprehensive range, with relatively unusual animals instead of releasing obvious and more marketable models. Covid crisis asked for a price and Safari suffered severly. Though, it is the same love which is keeping this company alive with some sacrifices from the workers and a notorious cut of expenses. I get excited anytime a new Safari model is released, it was the brand who gave me fantastic figures as the aardvark, wild dog, coyote and many other well-known species which are not common in toy shape.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 9:09 pm

Great additions again, I must catch the porcupine and sloth Cool
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 7:05 pm

Mojo is a brand that has developed tremendously over the last few years and the quality of their models is truly breathtaking. So is their range in terms of animal species. Texas longhorn, warthog, snow leopard, Scottish highland cattle calf, crested macaque, domestic donkey, female mountain gorilla and male mountain gorilla, and the extinct quagga zebra. All of these models are beautifully detailed and are proof that Mojo is climbing the quality ladder, even ahead of the best-known brand on the market.

A couple of new products from Mojo enriched my collection again... Two cats, a female chimpanzee with a baby on her back, a sitting chimpanzee, a giant tortoise, a dromedary, a Shetland pony, a honeyeater with a baby in her mouth and an ermine. Beautiful newcomers who prove that Mojo has a lot of personality even with older pieces...

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 7:29 pm

And even MORE to droll over and admire. Excellent additions again. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 7:33 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
And even MORE to droll over and admire. Excellent additions again. Very Happy

Thank you :) I really went crazy this year... :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 7:37 pm

I agree and Mojö also brings very unusual ideas. We witnessed a fever of large felines carrying cubs in their mouths but Mojö offers a ratel carrying a baby what I believe we will never see again.
To be fair, I don't know if it was Anna's idea since it was she who sculpted it.
That tortoise is another Mojö figure I need to get. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 7:55 pm

Roger wrote:
I agree and Mojö also brings very unusual ideas. We witnessed a fever of large felines carrying cubs in their mouths but Mojö offers a ratel carrying a baby what I believe we will never see again.
To be fair, I don't know if it was Anna's idea since it was Anna who sculpted it.
That tortoise is another Mojö figure I need to get. Very Happy

Anna´s sculps are awesome :) And that tortoise is perfect!! Get it! Very Happy Very Happy

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 1:16 pm

News from the brands Papo and Mojo. My collection was enriched by the first model of a chameleon, a mole, an octopus and a swordfish. In this way, I again raise the bar in the diversity of species. Beluga, hammerhead, seal expand my marine world. I added baby Angora goats and Merino sheep... The partners got a nosed Kahau, a honeyeater and a mountain gorilla (the male beating his chest is really a piece). Others are the beautiful hyena, the yearling Irish cob and the Pyrenean shepherd. Really a batch of newbies, for which I am very happy.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 2:29 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 11:39 pm

So many great figures, we really needed a good mole at that size. Very Happy

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 1:30 am

Awesome additions again! That octopus has been on my list for awhile, I need to get it! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 9:48 am

Joliezac wrote:
Awesome additions again! That octopus has been on my list for awhile, I need to get it! cheers

It´s super awesome... I wasn´t into sea world at all but with all these amazing creatures... there is no other way Very Happy And this octopus is beyond everything :)

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 10:04 am

Schleich, as a brand, has fallen bottom on my wish list so the surprise from the newcomers is considerable. As well as from the price that skyrocketed, which is a decent bummer. But collecting kind of benefits from the lack of sense in acquiring new pieces at the moment, so I have a Silver Dapple mare, a Belgian mare (and not at all into Schleich horses after 2014), a female tapir with a baby (the female is too small, but the cub is beautiful), Kahau the nosed and slow loris. They're all surprisingly high quality models without too many infantile elements... :)

I managed to grab some really very valuable pieces that are now part of my collection. All from Schleich and in most cases very old models. The Appaloosa (gelding) and Hafling (gelding) are from the mid-90s. My first otter is incredible :) Hare, kangaroo, polar bear cub and sitting sow are really old pieces that do not lack any of the original personality of the Schleich models. The Holstein bull and the sow in action are relatively recent models, however, very detailed and well done... I love you

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 12:01 pm

I really like that old Schleich hare, his sculpt style and something about the pose of his ears remind me of hares in 17-18th century art.

Have you seen the new 2023 Schleich Haflinger? The nicest mould they've had for years, the ears aren't spoons and the nostrils aren't piggy, and there's a good sense of proportion for the depth of chest and width of the rump. If they hadn't stuck random red plastic flowers on the forehead I'd have bought that one (which would've been my first brand new Schleich horse since the chestnut and white 'tinker mare', so I think we went off them around the same time) But I don't know whether the mane decorations are a deal-breaker for you, I know collectors' opinions vary and we're willing to forgive different things if the model's otherwise nice enough Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)   My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My MartinH Collection´s newcomers :)
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next