Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich 75th anniversary

Go down 
+34
dlfrogman
saintgoku
widukind
SyLoBe
noeska
MD1985
skysthelimit
remowshake
elclavo75
SUSANNE
Miss Mufflon
Numa
Nova
Kikimalou
Roger
Kiryuha
Ana
Siobhan
ken yeo
Rio
Arrakai
Suebeedo
Lasersword1973
Wildheart
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Admin
WILLYBACOMAN
Schleichwelt
aandmkw
schleich61
stecal
schmidtchenschleich
wilt
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:56 pm

That's funny but I found some of these schleich muppets in mountain cottage last winter. They are in bad condition so I didn't take them home. But You can see some pictures:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 1:15 am

The foal figure is so tiny I wonder if they are going to make MINIs again? scratch It does have very nice detail. ~S
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:07 am

Great book Willy. Thanks for the sneak peak. I will have to get 1 of these.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:21 am

Oh, Willy, could you scan the whole book and post it here? :) I'd be extremely grateful.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 2:42 pm

I just came up with a new explanation to the foal's size. What if it's a Falabella foal, not Shetland Pony??
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Siobhan wrote:
I just came up with a new explanation to the foal's size. What if it's a Falabella foal, not Shetland Pony??
you might be right there bounce
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:31 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Siobhan wrote:
you might be right there bounce

I will love that bounce
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Oh, Willy, could you scan the whole book and post it here? :) I'd be extremely grateful.

I think there is a copyrite on the book. The company might get upset if it was scanned and posted. Wouldn't want to have anyone get in trouble.... ~S
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:30 am

Suebeedo wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:

I think there is a copyrite on the book. The company might get upset if it was scanned and posted. Wouldn't want to have anyone get in trouble.... ~S

I'm not sure that book copyrights cover forums - it's not an open public site.
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yesterday i had the Schleich 75th anniversary book in already!
It is telling about the complete history from the Schleich company throught the years, the good and the harsh and bad years, very interesting!
Did anybody besides some insiders knew, that the son in law of Mr.Schleich started Bullyland, because he had a quarell with the second wife of Heinrich Schleich??? Shocked
Anyway, good facts and inside news about Schleich, a must for collectors i think, and available in German and English...
Don't aspect to see huge lines of production inside, it is just about the history of the company.
Here are just some quick pics, with a surprise for 2011 i think...

The mark through the years...

The Muppets, which were in their series too...

Nice to see, that the Tennessee Walking horse was tried in several colours too..

cool! is there something about making proces of Schleich animals?

This is a reveal for 2011 i think..., a Shetlandpony foal, which isn't known yet as a model...
The tube is to see if this model fits into the throath of a child, for savety reasons...
Back to top Go down
https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Kyrill: Yes, that might be, and probally is so, but i am not afraid of that, i can remove the pics in a second if the insist on that.
But i think, it is good advertising for them, as some of us bought this book, just because it was on the forum here!
Sorry, i cannot scan it, as i don't own a scanner(yet), and then you are talking about copyright! Isn't it?! Shocked

Siobhan: That could be a good guess, if the foal was a Falabella foal indeed, but the colours do not match the adult...
By the way, albino's can occur in any mammal, so Shetlanders too!

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:13 pm

They will fly out of their storage-rooms!

By the way, i know already two persons who have at least 4 of those coupons... Laughing

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

By the way, i know already trwo persons who have at least 4 of those coupons... Laughing

The next person in the battle.

I hope we all get the complete 4 figures, ore we can trade under us.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:28 pm

As i said before, there will be more persons in this battle... Very Happy

Trade is always good to help eachother, although i already made some promises with another person, and this person with me about this, and maybe we found a backdoor too... Shocked scratch

Siobhan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Well yeah Shetlands can be albinos but they're not "wanted" (like in most other horse breeds) so albinos can't be used for breeding, for example. So albino shetland ponies are very rare. And very strictly speaking, horses are never albinos because they don't have such a gene similar to e.g. mice, and they don't have red eyes but blue. A horse with blue eyes, white coat and pink skin would be called dominant white, cremello or something else, depending on the gene that causes the colour :)
What do you mean by saying that the colours don't match the adult?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:12 pm

I tried to sort this out on the internet, but the voices are not speaking the same everywhere.
But i saw a lot of times, what you told me here before, so your explanation could be true actually...
I never thought about this before, as i aspected that actually every mammal could be an albino, in the sense of having colour-less eyes too, so red...

I ment that the Falabella is a spotted one, an Appaloosa(black and white) if you want, the new foal is a pinto(red/brown-white)...
Of course this could be, but which mixed genes then... Shocked

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Many things are possible when it comes to the colour of a foal, since their colour doesn't that much depend on what colour their parents are. There is one exception though, with chestnuts: a chestnut mare and a chestnut stallion will certainly make a chestnut foal. But as for the falabella foal (if it is a falabella foal) I think its father could be appaloosa since appaloosa and pinto genes are fairly similar.
Sorry everyone about the horses' colour genetics -lecture, I've just been doing some research on the subject and I find it very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:05 am

Maybe Schleich is trying another scale for horses.
CollectA 2009 and 2010 horses are abolutly fantastic but there are man Schleich horses collectors that will continuing to buy Schleich and not the best horses
Never mind!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 9:58 am

Siobhan wrote:
Many things are possible when it comes to the colour of a foal, since their colour doesn't that much depend on what colour their parents are. There is one exception though, with chestnuts: a chestnut mare and a chestnut stallion will certainly make a chestnut foal. But as for the falabella foal (if it is a falabella foal) I think its father could be appaloosa since appaloosa and pinto genes are fairly similar.
Sorry everyone about the horses' colour genetics -lecture, I've just been doing some research on the subject and I find it very interesting!
Maybe they will bring out a pinto Falabella mare to go with the foal. It's a bit boring of schleich to (if it is what we've said) have a pinto colour again, just like the shetlands.
Back to top Go down
Siobhan

Siobhan

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 pm

That would be boring indeed, especially since falabellas can be of nearly any colour...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:20 am

Yes, i agree with you on the colour-possibilities Siobhan.
I think most of us had some of this stuff in biology-lessons in high-school...
The Mendel Theories..
The case with the chestnuts, will have to do with the dominance of the colour, like darker colours are dominant in the human race.
But this doesn't mean, that a minor ot reccesive factor won't show up somewhere, and sometimes as we could see in the white lion genes.
Recently there were one-egg twins born in the UK, one baby was dark coloured, the other one was what we would call Kaukasian coloured.
But both parents were Afro-English dark coloured people...
So the reccesiv gene came up from the past, and even in identic(!)twins!
So everything has to do with those dominant genes, and some genes are in the female of the species, and some of them in the males...
This can be a very complicated matter, but doesn't need to, if you know a little bit about them...
And even then, there are so much exceptions like in horses, that won't give many real albino's as it seems... Shocked

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 3:04 am

This reminds me of the set-up for Mike Leigh's fantastic family drama "Secrets and Lies" in which a young black woman in England, after her adoptive mother's death, is seized by the need to discover the identity of her birth mother. Great film, I highly recommend it to everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: My first 75th anniversary animals came in today   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Friends,

today i received the first animals from the special edition to 75th anniversary of Schleich.

Both animals i have double. If someone has one of the other missing animals of this serie double and is interested to trade, please send a PM.
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Congratulations Torben Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:27 pm

Congratulation Torben Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich 75th anniversary   zebra - Schleich 75th anniversary - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich 75th anniversary
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next