Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advertisements on forum

Go down 
+17
Fisva
QuollMate
orcagirl26
schleich61
She-Wolf
HKHollinstone
trevok4
arafan
JonasV
koniminiatures
Elros Alvar
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
cattlecollector
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

Advertisements on forum Empty
PostSubject: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi everyone. I am having a little problem viewing some topics. I will click on it, and instead of seeing the topic, I keep getting an advertisement for dominos pizza. (Not that I have anything against pizza.) does anyone know why this is happening? It only happens on a few topics, but it is kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:54 pm

I would love to help you but it never happened with me so I cannot understand really what is happening.
Check if your browser is locking popups. Does these adverstisings are showing in a new window or where it was supposed to be the tread page?

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:14 pm

It shows in the thread page, not in a new page.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 4:21 am

it seems some "new members" are spam. I already deleted some posts which lead to Plastic surgery advertisisng. If someone of you see something special, please ask the mods and admins and show us a link to the posts or topics. Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:27 am

I HATE those idiots who make this kind of things, with the only purpose of ruining it for others Mad

I wished I could tell them to do something useful instead, - to "Get a life" Suspect

Hopefully our wonderful Admins have solved your problem Very Happy

cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks guys, I don't know why it does that. It usually happens different places, but mostly on topics that I look at a lot. Andreas, when you said that new users may be spamming, do you mean that they registered just to advertise? I don't want to point fingers though, cause I don't know who would do that. bounce confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:19 am

cattlecollector wrote:
Thanks guys, I don't know why it does that. It usually happens different places, but mostly on topics that I look at a lot. Andreas, when you said that new users may be spamming, do you mean that they registered just to advertise? I don't want to point fingers though, cause I don't know who would do that. bounce confused scratch

You're not pointing fingers. Those are not really users and we'll never know who they are. Sometimes those are only "machines". This is normal in all web interfaces, unfortunately. Sad
The two times it happened, the users were not even posting from the country they were identified. When someone tell us where it is happening, we just lock the ip of this tread and it won't happen anymore from this ip. While browsing all last active treads, I haven't found any span but when you find a link with some advertising that is not supposed, just pm the link to one of the Admins. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:11 am

How to I get a link? As you guys can probably tell judging by my questions and inability to post photos, I am not very good with technology! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:34 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
How to I get a link? As you guys can probably tell judging by my questions and inability to post photos, I am not very good with technology! Laughing

Sorry for delaying with my reply. Sleep
I hope everything is working fine now. :)
You can copy links just clicking right mouse button on link and than clicking on copy link. Then, you can paste it where you want. For example, while sending a pm, click right mouse button where you want the link to appear and select paste.
That's not hard but if everyting is fine now just never mind it. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Thanks Roger. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: I'd rather read posts than see this Snickers ad!   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 8:52 am

The last couple days I have been seeing an annoying Snickers ad in the way of the forum posts. And it's only the Snickers ad. The other ads are where they are supposed to be. Right now, I can't see the title I put in because the Snickers ad is blocking it, and I had to press "enter" a few times to be able to see what I am typing. :|Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How can I make this go away? I have all pop-ups disabled so that's not the problem. I don't know why it's just the Snickers ad?

EDIT: I just posted this and a different ad is there now, you can see this one isn't blocking my view:

And this is what it looks like when I'm trying to post (seeing this as I type this edit):

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:17 am

Mine did that a while ago, but I could not even see the topics. It was for pizza hut, but I finally fixed it. It was really frustrating though.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:01 am

I have the same issue. Very annoying.  Mad 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:36 am

I changed a little thing on board configurations. As it is not happening with me. I need to know if it keeps happening with you. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:56 am

Roger wrote:
I changed a little thing on board configurations. As it is not happening with me. I need to know if it keeps happening with you.  Very Happy

Yes, I am still seeing the ad.

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 11:59 am

Same here !  bounce 

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Now I see it too!  Mad 

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks for your feedback! Could you please check it again? Be sure you're logged in when watching it.
Let me please know if it is better, worse or the same??? scratch

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Uhhh, I don't see it yet  Shocked 
If only it stays away  What a Face 

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:51 pm

I've never seen it. But that's likely because I'm using AdBlock Plus. It's a free extension for a number of browsers, and does just what it says. Just thought I'd mention that - perhaps it'll be of some use to someone, with ads other than that Snickers thing as well.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks for your feedback! Could you please check it again? Be sure you're logged in when watching it.
Let me please know if it is better, worse or the same??? scratch

Unfortunately it is still there.

koniminiatures wrote:
I've never seen it. But that's likely because I'm using AdBlock Plus. It's a free extension for a number of browsers, and does just what it says. Just thought I'd mention that - perhaps it'll be of some use to someone, with ads other than that Snickers thing as well.

I've heard of AdBlock, but I'm always wary of extra programs like that.  study Thanks Lea, I'll look into it!  Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Sorry, I lied. I keep seeing ads for MilkyWay candybars.  Laughing Mad 

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:14 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
Sorry, I lied. I keep seeing ads for MilkyWay candybars.  Laughing Mad 

Laughing 

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
I've heard of AdBlock, but I'm always wary of extra programs like that.  study Thanks Lea, I'll look into it!  Very Happy 

Wary is good, but as far as those free and extremely easy-to-use extensions go, it's a reasonably configurable one. Not ideal, but fairly pliant. You can instruct it to leave untouched desired elements, always block others, never gather info on certain pages or browsing modes, etc. It can be instructed to block scripts and flash, of course, too, which in themselves are things many consider worth feeling wary about.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 2:22 pm

I just tried logging into the forum with Firefox (I always use IE), and still have the same problem  Mad 

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Advertisements on forum
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next