Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advertisements on forum

Go down 
+17
Fisva
QuollMate
orcagirl26
schleich61
She-Wolf
HKHollinstone
trevok4
arafan
JonasV
koniminiatures
Elros Alvar
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
cattlecollector
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Advertisements on forum - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 pm

Again, I am so sorry I cannot solve it. Try to follow Lea suggestion. You can lock adds only to STS if you want. Very Happy

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Banner Ads Problem   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Hello, the new banner ads make it nearly impossible to create a new post...I would appreciate it if someone could
remove them.  bounce 
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Heck, now I cannot even read what I just posted. This is ridiculous...and by the way, Milky Way is a crap chocolate bar!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 4:02 pm

Never mind, I installed AdBlock and it seems to have resolved the issue.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Good you solved it Wink

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:55 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Heck, now I cannot even read what I just posted.  This is ridiculous...and by the way, Milky Way is a crap chocolate bar!

Noo Milk Way is ducking good!!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:18 pm

I figured that we need to spend credits or pay to have the ads out of the forum. The only option available for admins is to reduce it what was already done.
So, the only chance is Torben spend some money or you use the Ads locker as Phil and other members did. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Good you solved it Wink

Thanks to Lea for her suggestion... Applause 
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Roger wrote:
I figured that we need to spend credits or pay to have the ads out of the forum. The only option available for admins is to reduce it what was already done.
So, the only chance is Torben spend some money or you use the Ads locker as Phil and other members did. Very Happy

Very well said, Roger... cheers  I think we all need the AdBlocker, or we all contribute to the forum...
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:43 pm

jonesee wrote:
schleich61 wrote:
Heck, now I cannot even read what I just posted.  This is ridiculous...and by the way, Milky Way is a crap chocolate bar!

Noo Milk Way is ducking good!!

Thanks, I stand corrected... Laughing 
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm having the same problem too and I use Google Chrome. It wouldn't be so bad but it blocks my view of the subject line when I go to make a new post  Mad I used to be able to refresh the page and it would go away, but that doesn't even work anymore  No 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:46 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
I'm having the same problem too and I use Google Chrome. It wouldn't be so bad but it blocks my view of the subject line when I go to make a new post  Mad I used to be able to refresh the page and it would go away, but that doesn't even work anymore  No 

At this point I'm hitting the "Preview" button before I type my post, and it bocks the preview window, not the window I'm typing in. sunny I understand AdBlock will resolve the issue, but after reading so many poor reviews and problems other users have had with the program, I'm sticking with ignoring the ads.  Suspect 

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:55 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

At this point I'm hitting the "Preview" button before I type my post, and it bocks the preview window, not the window I'm typing in. sunny I understand AdBlock will resolve the issue, but after reading so many poor reviews and problems other users have had with the program, I'm sticking with ignoring the ads.  Suspect 

That works somewhat, I wonder if Java has something to do with it?  scratch 

EDIT: It works if you disable Java, but then you can't add the smiley face icons unless you know the shortcuts on your keyboard Neutral

Last edited by orcagirl26 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm

orcagirl26 wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

At this point I'm hitting the "Preview" button before I type my post, and it bocks the preview window, not the window I'm typing in. sunny I understand AdBlock will resolve the issue, but after reading so many poor reviews and problems other users have had with the program, I'm sticking with ignoring the ads.  Suspect 

EDIT: It works if you disbale Java, but then you can't add the smiley face icons unless you know the shortcuts on your keyboard Neutral

I've been having a heck of a time with Java lately... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:20 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:

EDIT: It works if you disable Java, but then you can't add the smiley face icons unless you know the shortcuts on your keyboard Neutral

I've been having a heck of a time with Java lately... Rolling Eyes

Same here  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 pm

If you have Google Chrome, click on your JavaScript console, click Elements and then at the very top there should be something that says < !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC right click on that and uncheck the Word wrap. You also have to have Java disabled.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 7:16 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

It's back where it should be! It's not blocking my view anymore!  bounce Very Happy 

At least, for now. I'm not going to jinx it.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

Whatever change was made fixed it.  sunny 

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 6:47 pm

I got these annoying CU Denver and Mathnasium math tutoring centers blocking me. scratch

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:03 pm

I've problems with chat box again... XP

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:04 pm

I think there are problems with the PM box because I have sent several messages to a forum member yielding no reply. It is an important PM because it's clearing up a trade. -.-

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:09 pm

Yep, but with the chatbox on the bottom of homepage.. So annonying -_____-!

Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: The ads on the forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi!

Is this page selling space for advertisers?
I just don't like the every page I open there's ads like "Let's date with Asian woman's" and "Beautiful single Asian woman's" with some photos. Those photos aren't nice I think. There's children and maybe everyone doesn't wanna see those exposing women's. Or is it just that your computer choose the ads for you in every country? I don't understand that so can somebody explain? Why would we need those on animal figure forum?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 3:18 pm

That's not our reponsability Jonas. This forum is built for free and we don't receive any money from advertisers, they're needed to keep all forummotion working, as it happens with Youtube, for example. Very Happy
The advertising is usually adjusted with your profile based on cookies, so, being you a young man, it is natural that they think it is supposed you to like it. That's silly, I know.
I use add locker in my computer, it removes all undesired advertising and often I delete cookies in my browser.
You can configure which pages you want or not that Add locker lock adds. Anything needed just ask. Very Happy

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Roger wrote:
That's not our reponsability Jonas. This forum is built for free and we don't receive any money from advertisers, they're needed to keep all forummotion working, as it happens with Youtube, for example. Very Happy
The advertising is usually adjusted with your profile based on cookies, so, being you a young man, it is natural that they think it is supposed you to like it. That's silly, I know.
I use add locker in my computer, it removes all undesired advertising and often I delete cookies in my browser.
You can configure which pages you want or not that Add locker lock adds. Anything needed just ask. Very Happy

Thank you, Roger! = D
That's how I thought yeah Very Happy I actually noticed those small crosses and you can tell them you don't want those. Of course they think so... But glad this is solved now! I guess I won't see those anymore. Many thanks ; )

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 9:39 pm

Roger wrote:
... and often I delete cookies in my browser.

Why do you stop browsing for cookies? What do you have against cookies? affraid lol!

PostSubject: Re: Advertisements on forum   Advertisements on forum - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advertisements on forum
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next