Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)

Go down 
+27
costicuba
Phexedrine
Shanti
JonasV
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
Ana
Dark Pegasus
A-J
Silver Unicornis
widukind
arafan
SyLoBe
Robert
Bloodrayne
Florian
Bonobo
boba_jagoda
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Dum_my
Sassyscribbler
Carola
elephas_maximus
A.R.Garcia
sadie3112
Fisva
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Robert

Country/State : Czech Republic

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 18:58

Amazing! Beautiful work. Applause
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 20:54

All of them are amazing, each full of expression and each has something remarkable. Amazing work Lea. So much empathy for horses in these. Some of them look like they suffer a lot or are terrified, and you were able to show these feelings with such big power.
It would be difficult to choose favourites, each is amazing really. I especially love the steel grey snowflake Appaloosa, the colour is beyond gorgeous, it just looks mythical.
I adore also the chestnut Finn horse gelding (1:9) , he looks melancholic and his colour is also very awesome.
Great works!!!!! I love you

Last edited by Ana on Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 04 Nov 2014, 23:34

You are magnificent artist !
I`m speechless..

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 07:22

This is all quite stunning. I love the photo of mayhem; it will be interesting to see the results. The detailed accessories are also beautifully done. If I look at things like that too much...I might be overly tempted to attempt (or fail horribly at) something similar and go all "Dinotopia" on one of my dinosaurs! affraid

Also, I think I've read enough of your comments to say your self-deprecation approaches poetry. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 09:17

Very impressive customs, your sculpting is impressive. I might try customizing some figures in the future after being inspired by these.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 14:08

Amazing!! Shocked Applause
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 15:36

Thank you very much for the generous comments, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the old things.

Fisva wrote:
Amazing. I don't know what to say, honestly.
I think that you should go into sculpting, and start to sell your works!
Thank you! I've been sculpting for nigh 10 years as a pastime now, and have managed to sell most of what work I've completed. What I haven't managed is sufficient fanfare around this, I suspect - hell, it makes me slightly ill to pretend I have a ”studio name” (the gently derogatory "koni" in Koni Miniatures) when I haven't even got a ”studio” - nevermind trying for a bigger branding type venture to sell the stuff I make. I've never released a resin of any of the original sculptures I've made, though, that's quite correct - perhaps that was more of the kind of thing you meant.

jonesee wrote:
Fantastic work! I love the Blue Box Finnhorse - so Finnish Very Happy
Your style is so unique... Maybe the Curly pony shows best how incredibly talented you're - that it's really is possible to change a sheep into a horse! I also like the quarter Finn horse a lot. Like I said these are wonderful! Thanks for showing these for us! cheers
Thanks, Jonas! The lamb made for an inordinately wooly and slab-sided horse, but ach, I just wanted a Bashkir in my herd. Very Happy

Ana wrote:
All of them are amazing, each full of expression and each has something remarkable. Amazing work Lea. So much empathy for horses in these. Some of them look like they suffer a lot or are terrified, and you were able to show these feelings with such big power.
It would be difficult to choose favourites, each is amazing really. I especially love the steel grey snowflake Appaloosa, the colour is beyond gorgeous, it just looks mythical.
I adore also the chestnut Finn horse gelding (1:9) , he looks melancholic  and his colour is also very awesome.
Thank you, Anna! I'm heartened by your approval. Like most domestic species, the history (and to frustrating extents, the present) of horses with people has been one chiefly of suffering; I think I have trouble forgetting about that even for plain hobby sculpts, yes.. The snowflake appy's coat ended up maybe a bit too mythical - it apparently caused angry remarks at a live show for being shown among realistic paintups when it's clearly a view of the night sky with stars! Laughing

elephas_maximus wrote:
Very impressive customs, your sculpting is impressive.  I might try customizing some figures in the future after being inspired by these.

Thank you! Do try customizing - I bet the results would be amazing! It's also an nifty way to sketch out ideas and do smaller maquettes of intended original works – although I suppose sculpting virtually easily allows that kind of thing in itself, as well. Still, it would be very interesting to see what you'd create!

A.R.Garcia wrote:
This is all quite stunning. I love the photo of mayhem; it will be interesting to see the results. The detailed accessories are also beautifully done. If I look at things like that too much...I might be overly tempted to attempt (or fail horribly at) something similar and go all "Dinotopia" on one of my dinosaurs! affraid

Thank you kindly! Absolutely do go Dinotopia on one of your beautiful dinos - I'd want to see it! Those books used to be among my favourites when I was little.

Quote :
Also, I think I've read enough of your comments to say your self-deprecation approaches poetry. Laughing
Love, this shall cause me quiet chuckles for lengths of time to come. I have managed poetry! cheers And it may be deprecation, but it's all hard earned.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Mon 10 Nov 2014, 13:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 05 Nov 2014, 20:38

Really cool to see more of your custom work Very Happy The vixom I'd never have guessed cyclops It's nice you make them rather difficult to recognize.
Have you ever made a model from scratch? I bet you could bounce cyclops

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyThu 06 Nov 2014, 10:45

Thanks, Carola! I don't purposefully make them hard to recognize - it's something that's been happening as a side-effect more and more lately. Laughing I've done a number of original sculptures, yes, but none of the equine ones have been finished yet. I keep taking them back apart to work on errors..

Also, as a general note: it seems I'd broken a few of the pictures from last page, messing in my Photobucket - they're back up now. Sorry.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Nov 2014, 18:09

koniminiatures wrote:
Thank you very much for the generous comments, everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the old things.

Ana wrote:
I adore also the chestnut Finn horse gelding (1:9) , he looks melancholic  and his colour is also very awesome.
Thank you, Anna! I'm heartened by your approval. Like most domestic species, the history (and to frustrating extents, the present) of horses with people has been one chiefly of suffering; I think I have trouble forgetting about that even for plain hobby sculpts, yes.. The snowflake appy's coat ended up maybe a bit too mythical - it apparently caused angry remarks at a live show for being shown among realistic paintups when it's clearly a view of the night sky with stars! Laughing

Yes, you are right, unfortunately horses suffered a lot during "cooperation" with humans and in many places, disciplines and situations they also suffer today Sad That's really sad how humans have to show their absolute control on everything and often disrespect natural needs of the creatures which work for them. Sad

About the Snowflake Appaloosa, well, that's the thing exactly, he IS realistic and such colour is possible yet he looks a bit magical, reminding the night sky full of stars. I find it amazing cheers The combination of unusual colour and expression of his face makes me seeing him as a character in mythology, maybe a horse of some goddess or a horse of an unknown yet myth. Or maybe something else. There is something poetic about him and it's hard to name it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 02:35

koniminiatures wrote:

The snowflake appy's coat ended up maybe a bit too mythical - it apparently caused angry remarks at a live show for being shown among realistic paintups when it's clearly a view of the night sky with stars! Laughing

My apologies for derailing the thread - was this a show in the US, do you know? What region was this? That's crazy. Rolling Eyes

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 12:52

No apologies needed! It was the largest annual live show in Europe, Bensheim, in Germany 2009. Incidentally, the model won overall Best in Show there against the other 1387 entered models, which I expect had something to do with some folks' dismay with it. It was called some genuinely inventive things, too, afterwards. Laughing I can't help but find the whole episode quite quaint.

Anna, thank you for the further comments on that appy! I think your view quite becomes the model, yes - and I'm sure its new owner would quite appreciate your train of thought there. Wink She, too, has a great mind for appreciating the poetic side of things, models included.

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 14:15

Laughing That's funny, congratulations for you that he won overall! cheers He really is a great piece.

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 18:24

Amazing work!!! What I love most is the incredible expression in their faces, and all those wonderful wrinkles!!! What you did with the 2 Salineros, and the Wixom is just mind blowing, but I think my favorite is the Smarty Jones. The face is reminiscent of an antique carousel horse. LOVE IT!!! Thanks for sharing!! Looking forward to seeing what happens to the cattle!

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 22:16

one of the most impresive artist on the forum i i may say ...
In Dutch we say; petje af... Litteraly; hats off...
But its means ; I should like to express my respect to your work.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Nov 2014, 23:29

Lea, I only noticed your topic now! Sleep
You're an Artist with an unique style and it is very enjoyable to see your works. You pay atention to all details and everything has motion and expression. Very Happy
It was particularly interesting to see how that lamb turned in a Baskhir curly, incredible! Shocked However, I thing procrastination was exagerated in that project once I can see that the lamb, before turning in a Baskhir curly, it turned in a grown up ram meanwhile. Wink

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014, 17:25

Thanks for the comments, LeeAnn, Sassyscribbler, Dum_my and Roger! I'm very glad you like my work so. I'll still humbly disagree about being an artist, though - it's mere hobby crafts, this, surely.

Roger, you are quite right about that lamb quite possibly having had time sufficient to grow up to a ram... Perhaps I should amend my description in the past post (and work a bit faster in the future  Laughing ). Good catch!

Sassyscribbler, I'm sorry to say I've no cattle quite ready for their closeups yet, but the first is close to getting there. Here's a glimpse:  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by koniminiatures on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 17:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Nov 2014, 17:36

bounce bounce bounce bounce

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Nov 2014, 09:40

wohoo! This one looks very impressive! Like he's coming directly form the jungle Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sassyscribbler

Sassyscribbler

Country/State : United States/Connecticut

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014, 15:53

Awesome!!!~~~~!!!!

Check out my work on...

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Instagram: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014, 16:03

It looks amazing already. Cannot wait to see the rest! which model is that though? One of the Schleich bulls?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
boba_jagoda

boba_jagoda

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Nov 2014, 22:02

Your horses are amazing cheers
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2015, 14:13

Oh dear, I've again missed many new comments - I'm sorry. Thank you for your cheering me on LeeAnn, Jonas, Sassyscribbler, Dorotea and Paige!

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
It looks amazing already. Cannot wait to see the rest! which model is that though? One of the Schleich bulls?

Thanks Paige! The buffalo was originally this chap, the Papo Cape buffalo (Syncerus caffer):

Then this happened:

And now he's all done and has become an aged Asian water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) of the Indian Jafarabadi breed:

(For further details, you can see here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The model's been slightly repositioned all over, built a new head & neck, new topline and ears, and has had additional details sculpted here and there. It's got individual hairs painted over the topside while the bare skin of the underside has a violet cast, though neither show well in the pictures. The eyes have been painted runny and the "armpits", crotch and behinds-of-ears somewhat oily. It's about ready to travel to its new home now!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2015, 14:25

That tongue! That's awesome! Laughing Fantastic work Very Happy

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Jan 2015, 16:22

Oh my god... Lea you're amazing! I don't even know what to say. Shocked This is just amazing...! Shocked

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next