Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)

Go down 
+27
costicuba
Phexedrine
Shanti
JonasV
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
Ana
Dark Pegasus
A-J
Silver Unicornis
widukind
arafan
SyLoBe
Robert
Bloodrayne
Florian
Bonobo
boba_jagoda
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Dum_my
Sassyscribbler
Carola
elephas_maximus
A.R.Garcia
sadie3112
Fisva
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Amazing work as usual ! You are truly gifted !

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:32 pm

It's incredibly looking model. Wow. I don't have enough words, I will just say it's very impressive and extremely well done. Applause That tongue has perfectly natural colour and makes very good colour accent for this dark animal. Very Happy
And also, hey I have never heard of this breed of cattle, they are a bit weird I would say Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:35 pm

This has to be one of the best customs I've ever seen! Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 am

Glad you're liking it so! Thank you very much for the great comments. I was a little worried about pulling off such a monochromatic and, as Anna points out, very unlikely-looking animal; I just hope its new owner, too, will be pleased with it upon inspecting the model in person. I had great fun building it, for sure.

Mangalarga wrote:
This has to be one of the best customs I've ever seen! Very Happy
Trusting you to have seen a few too, that is indeed a compliment of some caliber - thank you very much!

In further cattle news, the cow custom mayhem referenced on the 1st page of this thread has finally progressed to the resculpting at least being more or less complete on the 1st batch of models:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shown are resculpts of the Mojo 2014 Highland cow 387199, CollectA 2010 Brahman bull 88579, Papo 2012 lying Simmental cow 51151 and Schleich Holstein bull 13632; and in the 2nd picture Papo 2013 Charolais cow 51158, Schleich 2001 Holstein cow 13140, Anna's resin gaur. What their new breeds are to be shall remain a surprise for a bit yet, I think (though guesses will be entertained..!). I'll add to this thread a few closer looks at a couple of the above resculpts in a moment.

And for a moment
everything stood completed, white, smooth and serene...

Then it was back to this again:

New victimsss..! Twisted Evil

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:23 am

Alright, since it may be years yet before I'll get around to painting these, and because both are intended for uniformly dark colourations rendering their sculptural detail far less visible, I'll post below little walkarounds of the most-changed two of the above completed cattle resculpts, namely Ana's great gaur and Highland cow. We'll start with the latter.

Here's a sordidly unflattering picture of the original model:

In the model, I found Anna had provided us with such a graceful composition and balanced, classic sculpt that I ended up wanting to, for my own copy, join in this perceived hat-tip to the grace of the old Lineols and Elastolins, if only in my crass and graphical manner. Aside from the recoating, I also very slightly remuscled and repositioned the animal.

I'm unsure of whether my "contribution" just adds pointless romance or baffling psychedelia to the poor cow, but well, she's certainly been ”stylized” now alright. Laughing Hopefully my eventual, dark paintwork of the piece will work to ameliorate the mad hair it's got going now.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bonobo

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:23 am

Shocked affraid That's absolut amazing, Lea!

Love the idea! Love the species! Love them all! Laughing

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:25 am

I`m a huge fan of your work.
I love your imagination, your technique, your style..
And every time you surprise us with more and more unique,
amazing and crazy (in a nice way) works of art.
Bravo Lea :)

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:53 am

cheers cheers cheers Love the highland!

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:54 am

Aw, thank you, Bonobo and Kosta, LeeAnn - and everyone who've commented! I don't know quite what to say - these are great compliments on my feeble efforts, and I'm afraid I'm far better at stilted sarcasm than I am at plain sincerity. I'll try, though: Thank you. I'm absolutely chuffed to hear you're liking (so far!) the outcome of the Great Hack and Slash of 2014. (Just don't go tell Anna what I've done to her beautiful sculpts.. Laughing )

Speaking of which, here's lastly the customized gayal bull (Bos frontalis - a hybridization between gaur and Bos taurus cattle). It started out as a rough cast of Anna's splendid gaur (Bos gaurus) resin - a model I'd long coveted and, amazingly, got a late chance to acquire, thanks to Anna's generosity.

Here is the original, unaltered cast:

To give the animal a slightly longer frame and some spinal twist, I rudely cut it in half...:

...Then crudely re-attached, without otherwise repositioning the model's legs or head (I wanted to try and retain some of the original model's shifting balance and perilous attitude):

After that came smoothing of the surface, some additional details and a slight rebuilding of parts of the anatomy to reflect a hybrid conformation. The animal's depicted fairly lean (so perhaps more a F2 bush bull than a butterball draught animal, for example), but I must note that part of the prominence of the ribs of the offside of the model for instance is attributable to its sideways twisting pose and air-filled lungs - he's shifting his weight and ready to bellow, after all.

The bodybuilder veining will get toned down by paint later, but has, I'll note, been modelled quite closely after reference photos - gaurs do get some pretty weird anatomy, particularly once all hot and bothered. Rolling Eyes (The bloody weird arse - since putting one as odd as that "nicely" would be needlessly prim - was likewise done after disturbing amounts of reference photographs and video footage of the real animals' mildly horrific behinds. You don't want to know the things I've seen!)

Phew..! Deluge of images now officially over. Many thanks to Anna for so generously trading away and casting for me the beautiful resin, and for so trustingly allowing me to customize the copy to my heart's content! Thanks to y'all viewing, too, if you made it this far, of course.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:15 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

More deluge of pics please bounce bounce bounce

You work is beautiful, I can't wait to dig in with final result pics drunken
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:00 am

W O N D E R F U L Works Léa ... Fantastic :)

Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 12:23 pm

Wow ! Just wow Applause Applause Applause

We want more now !

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:00 pm

That... is just.... omg!!
I have no words..... <3

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 1:35 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Holy cow! Razz

It was a joy looking at those pictures.
Like walking through the art gallery of a bovine museum.
Wonderful job. Very, very impressive.

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Amazing work! Applause
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Wow, they are just impressive!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:39 am

Lea, you did it again, your works are unbelievably good drunken I love each one of this cattle. I especially adore, really ADORE the Highland cow with this new hair style. As I said previously it remind me some of the A. Durer drawing I love you This is incredibly cool this style drunken And, yes, after your remakes they became the best cattle models I've ever seen all from this group you have shown. Applause Applause Applause Please show us some more photos of zebu too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:21 pm

I can't say anything.. This is just so amazing Shocked Shocked

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Oh no! Now I feel extremely tempted to commission you for some cattle customs! And I can't afford it at the moment Razz
These customs are to die for!

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:41 pm

Lea these cattles are so amazing, I especially like that Highland cow! I wish to have such georgerus cattles in my collection, I think they are the best ones that you can find at the moment! Very Happy

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:24 am

Thank you to all of you commenting - I'm chuffed to hear you like the cattle! Also, please accept my very late response; I wish I'd found the time sooner for an uninterrupted couple of hours just for forum browsing, commenting on everyone's threads, seeing people's acquisitions, etc.. But no - here I am, two weeks (!) later with just about the time to comment on my own stupid thread. Laughing

As I say, I've been really happy to hear of your approval of the cattle so far - though I'm afraid some of the praise leaves me without graceful retort. Thank you, everyone, for all the great comments. I'm quite honored you think they might be the best cattle of late (let alone ever..!) Anna & Arafan - and while I cannot agree (they have far, far more flaws than the photos show, trust me), I am certainly humbled you think so highly of the silly things.

Ana wrote:
And, yes, after your remakes they became the best cattle models I've ever seen all from this group you have shown. Applause Applause Applause Please show us some more photos of zebu too Very Happy

Here. Have from my archives a pictorial illustration of the caliber of praise you present me with:
You see? You have confounded the Tokyo Metropolitan Police. He just doesn't know anymore.

On the matter of the zebu, however - sure, I can show more of it. Laughing  I'll be reunited with my camera setup next weekend, so perhaps then? The zebu's not much to look at, though - it has no significant surface detailing, given the colour I'm planning for it.

Mangalarga wrote:
Oh no! Now I feel extremely tempted to commission you for some cattle customs! And I can't afford it at the moment Razz These customs are to die for!

I'm glad to hear you'd consider it, though I must note my books aren't currently open (previous commissions to go, before that) - I hope I can one day craft you a cattle model of some sort! Cattle, it turns out, are damnably fun to create.

Hmm.. I haven't completed anything since those cows, but I'll leave you with snapshots from a few weeks ago of a little herd at least nearing completion:

...And to offset all these pretty, primped, mushy faces, have this guy with a jigsaw and some chewing gum for a head:

And then there's ..this ..guy:

Last edited by koniminiatures on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:32 am

Very detailed work Lea!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:23 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked .... Surprised Damn! Even your work in progress horses are so fantastic!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Just how do you manage to put do much detail into one model? Shocked So much awesome! Applause

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next