Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)

Go down 
+27
costicuba
Phexedrine
Shanti
JonasV
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
Ana
Dark Pegasus
A-J
Silver Unicornis
widukind
arafan
SyLoBe
Robert
Bloodrayne
Florian
Bonobo
boba_jagoda
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
Dum_my
Sassyscribbler
Carola
elephas_maximus
A.R.Garcia
sadie3112
Fisva
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
I'm glad to hear you'd consider it, though I must note my books aren't currently open (previous commissions to go, before that) - I hope I can one day craft you a cattle model of some sort! Cattle, it turns out, are damnably fun to create.

One of my collection goals is to have at least one custom made by you, so I'll contact you one day for sure - even for a Stablemate-sized one Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:26 pm

They are really incredible Shocked
Can't wait for more cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Applause Applause Applause Stunning work !

The latter horse with the open mouth reminds me of a Canadian Warmblood (?) mare you did some years ago. Is it a rework on the same global idea ?

Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:54 am

koniminiatures wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I adore this one!!! You are so talented, all these details!! Amazing! Very Happy affraid
Back to top Go down
Dark Pegasus

Dark Pegasus

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 pm

Shanti wrote:
koniminiatures wrote:

I adore this one!!! You are so talented, all these details!! Amazing! Very Happy affraid

I 100% agree ! Your models are fantastic !!! If you will sell unpainted one LET ME KNOW PLEASE !!! Applause cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://darkpegasusstudio.weebly.com/
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 3:26 am

Thank you for your comments Andreas, Jonas, LeeAnn, Magda, Anne-Joke, Phexedrine, Shanti and Dark Pegasus! (And, as is starting to be usual, my apologies for replying to them only now. My apologies to Anna as well for being so late with the requested closeups of the Collecta zebu - I've got them now, though!)

Phexedrine wrote:
The latter horse with the open mouth reminds me of a Canadian Warmblood (?) mare you did some years ago. Is it a rework on the same global idea ?
Oh no, he'll be a very different beast altogether. The upwards-angled head and neck aren't to remain; I only had the model posed so to ease the building of the interiors of its mouth. (Better visibility!) No no, this chap won't be distraught, speedy or roached in the least..  Cool

Dark Pegasus wrote:
I 100% agree ! Your models are fantastic !!! If you will sell unpainted one LET ME KNOW PLEASE !!! Applause cheers
Thank you - I'm happy to hear you like them! I can do commissions ready to paint, sure - I'm not much of a painter myself, so it's only fair on all concerned I not insist on painting each one. It would be great to some day have one of my models painted by you - you've got some serious eye for shades and tones, I think! For now my customs books are closed, but who knows, in the future..

Now, damn if I didn't take significantly longer than "next weekend" to deliver, but here they are anyways, some closer shots of the zebu as requested. This one started out as the Collecta Brahman bull, and was redone as a Brazilian show Brahman clipped short, trimmed pathologically short and fed far too well (all features quite consistent with the real show animals, I'm afraid). In fact, he played my "epoxy dump" during his creation - a kind of a byproduct hobby artefact one builds up over time by sticking onto it all the linty scraps of half-dried putty left over from proper work done on other sculpts. I think I might let this noble provenance show in his "show name" too - how would Restos de Epóxi sound? Laughing (Despejo de Epóxi..? Anyone here with some Brazilian Portuguese on them?)

Anyways, here's the original I started from:

And here's the resculpt prepped for paint:

While the underlying original sculpt hasn't much been altered, none of its actual surface remains visible on the resculpt - everything's been given a new coating of lard. On the same theme, I recently happened by these in-progress photos of the past Jafarabadi buffalo custom (completed on page 4 of this thread) that illustrate roughly the same thing: All the white stuff on the model in these pictures is resculpted surface - the black is what remained visible of the original model.

Just thought those would be fun to see - I had forgotten I had these photos; I would have posted them sooner.

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Lea, again you blow our minds ..!
I`m realy big fan of your works. sunny

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:04 pm

I've just watch the complete topic, it is fantastic cheers
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Wow, how in the world can you do this!! Shocked Shocked
I am happy if I can sculpt a new eye and even this might look a bit off...
Astonishing!!! What a Face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Lea, your works are just amazing! Generally I don't like replicas without fur structure, but you showed that they also can be amazing without! Thanks for that, and I hope to see more in the future

Phexedrine

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 pm

I love the way you worked the "gooish" structure of the bull !

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 9:34 pm

Cheers Kosta, Christophe, Shanti, Bryan and Phexedrine! I'm glad you like it.

arafan wrote:
Lea, your works are just amazing! Generally I don't like replicas without fur structure, but you showed that they also can be amazing without! Thanks for that, and I hope to see more in the future

And I've learned to appreciate the occasional presence of fur texture after finding this forum. Laughing I don't usually much add it, though, true, since I tend to work so small it wouldn't be in scale - but certainly it is a good way to "trick the eye" into thinking it recognizes in the model as well the grainy, furry real-life appearance most animals have. I'm glad you're liking my "bald" models too - I'm sure the change does take some getting used to, indeed, before it looks right.

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Amazing models again Lea!!! I love them!!! The Brahman looks incredible. I love all details and especially the ears. The ears are so masterly sculpted that I'm sure that bull has a perfect hearing now, even if he's made of plastic and epoxy. Cool Cool Cool

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 7:55 pm

Thank you, Anna! I like the shapes of zebuine ears terribly - these were fun to try and get right, if also frustrating for their fragility.

I'll update to the thread, after all the many customs, some tack news from the past few months. Below are halters and other sundry accessories I've made in the meanwhile, from the most recent few completed today to the oldest. Most are for sale [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

1:9 fancy "nylon" stable halters with studded leather buds, French-style metal connectors under the jaw, and rolled throatlatches. Additional views:

1:22 dairy show halter (hard to see in the picture, but the leather is rolled round, and the buckle works); French-type bull halter; simple cowbell.

1:22 "nylon" stable halter.

1:9 Belgian chain halter for draught horses. Fake leather, soda can strips and wire.

A simple leather stable halter and cotton lead in 1:20 scale.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 8:09 pm

More great work cheers

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Those bulls are stunning Lea! Shocked Shocked Oh my goooshh affraid

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Beautiful tack! Applause
Back to top Go down
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Lovely tack !

koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 2:23 am

Thank you LeeAnn, Jonas, Shanti and Phexedrine - and sorry about my glacial response speed. I'm still too far behind on everything to much browse the forum and really ought not be posting either, so the lot of this is with apologies to those I still owe messages to and to everyone whose threads here I've again long neglected to check out - but I've just got to get these out of my system! I made stuff!

(The saddle or pad I did not make - those I believe are by Anna-Karin Larsson of Sweden.)

It's a little 1:9 bitless bridle & breastcollar set out of nylon, felt and leather! Whee, I made something and actually finished it. What's more, I crafted the hardware (all but the lobster clasp and studs) and learned the beginnings of braiding and knotting while making the set. New techniques! In fact, new techniques is what I'm blaming the whole thing on; it came about along the lines of:
1. "What is macramé? Can I do macramé? Why is this so difficult?"
2. "Why am I making a bridle set of macramé? No one needs a bridle set of macramé. I certainly don't."
3. "Why is this suddenly finished when my email backlog is not?"

The bridle was made after one style of real bitless bridles; it has a braided noseband (macramé, in case that didn't become clear), padded poll and a hook-on adjustable jowl strap that acts as a curb and comes with a safety break link because of that. The reins are clip-on, like so:

The breastcollar is nylon and leather with felt padding. The way the straps attach.. each is a single length of leather with a buckle at one end, holes at the other, keepers in between, and the lot just loops and zigzags through rings and hoops this way and that until finally joining in one piece to make each strap. I'm not saying I'm a hero for assembling them. I'm saying I'm (besides mildly dim) very slightly a hero for not crying while assembling them wrong for the seventh time.

The main rings have little felt-lined leather "drops" that slide along on the strap. The buckles were all hand-bent from pins and crafted tongues and rollers for from wire and soda can strips. They're far from perfect, but they work.

I cut, hammered and bent these little clips from steel sheets.

And because that wasn't procrastination enough, I did also make these similarly macramé-mad things:

They're humble 1:9 stable halters from polyester and felt with leather buds. Andre models:

I feel appropriately terrible that I inexplicably did these instead of other work far more urgent, but also pathetically great that I at least did these. If only I answered emails as painlessly.

If anyone wants to trade something for these or even buy them, do let me know! I have no idea why I made them and don't especially want to keep them. I'm especially looking for a Breyer Traditional body of most any sort, so if you want to get rid of yours, shoot me a message.

Last edited by koniminiatures on Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://koni.weebly.com/
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:27 pm

Ohh these are all so gorgeous! So many tiny details in every piece - I would go nuts! (At least more nuts than I already am Laughing )

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Oh, these halters are beautiful! And the bridle also, amazing! Wow, I wonder if any of the halters would fit for Morgan stallion Heritage? Very Happy

Yes, I agree with LeeAnn, all those tiny details are amazing, gorgeous! drunken

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:04 pm

Thank you LeeAnn and Anna! Going nuts with frustration trying to craft all the little infuriating details is oddly relaxing, I've found. Rolling Eyes

The felt/nylon halters would not fit Heritage, I'm afraid - they are far too large. But, I could easily craft a similar halter to fit Heritage's measurements. I've been meaning to finally write (and indeed have been writing, then eternally saving as draft) you an email, Anna - and I am sorry to be taking so long! I'll talk more about the halter options in that message - the likes of the two above are certainly a possibility for your handsome boy.

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Woww, how much talend, mastery, technic, knowledge ... and a lot of nerves Very Happy .. it is necessary, for these halters to be so awesome...
And you showing all that in a perfect way with your work.
Great ! Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Shocked Magnificent work Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Absolutely amazing work Lea! bounce drunken cheers Applause

PostSubject: Re: Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)   Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Koniminiatures' customs & tack (updated Feb 21st)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next