Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Toy Major animals

Go down 
+3
widukind
SUSANNE
Bowhead Whale
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

My Toy Major animals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 25, 2017 10:01 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
What a cute paradino cheers

Isn't it? The Toy Major TAI page is getting bigger and bigger!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2017 8:54 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

cheers Applause

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 28, 2017 11:43 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

It is fantastic! However, there is still a lot to be added. At least it is not a Toy Minor page anymore. geek

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

It is fantastic! However, there is still a lot to be added. At least it is not a Toy Minor page anymore. geek

Laughing Laughing Laughing Good one!

However, when I went back to Toys'R'Us, last Friday, I saw that the Toy Major Buckets (Sealife, Dinosaurs, Farm, etc) are containing smaller and smaller figures. Back in 2002, the Sealife Bucket contained two large whales, one large octopus and many AAA Knock-offs of respectable sizes. In 2010, the Toy Major Sealife Bucket didn't have AAA Knock-offs anymore, but many original figures; however, all of them were in a smaller size than in 2002. Last Friday, I saw that the marine animals in the bucket were hardly bigger than my major finger. And lots of space remaining in the bucket. What will we see in eight years? Figures the size of a quarter? Toy Major is slowly turning into Toy Minor, when it comes to the size of its figures...
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi! Here is my lastest Toy Majot find: a 1995 JELLYFISH. Because of its color and shape, I suspect it to represent a CHRYSAORA ACHLYOS, a giant purple jellyfish called "Black Sea Nettle". I am about to put it on TAI (it is already uploaded), but we will need to create a CHRYSAORA ACHLYOS link in the Taxonomy part of the site.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 pm

You promised a surprise and it surpassed my expectations! Shocked I Could never guess it. The figure is just fabulous! Congratulations! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:22 am

The jellyfish is very very interesting.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks! Although, I am aware Toy Major made a second mold of Jelly fish, which looks like a Pela gia Noctiluca. That second mold was available in blue and pink. I remember having seen it in a bucket in Toys'R'Us back in 2000, along with the Black Sea Nettle and many other invertebrates. It was the first and the last time I saw those jellyfishes (until I found by Black Sea Nettle on EBay). I wish I could find that other model.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 12:05 am

I do really hope you can find the other jelly.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 8:24 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Thanks! Although, I am aware Toy Major made a second mold of Jelly fish, which looks like a Pela gia Noctiluca. That second mold was available in blue and pink. I remember having seen it in a bucket in Toys'R'Us back in 2000, along with the Black Sea Nettle and many other invertebrates. It was the first and the last time I saw those jellyfishes (until I found by Black Sea Nettle on EBay). I wish I could find that other model.

Sounds like a interesting serie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 10:00 pm

Here is the 1999 Toy Major Styracosaurus I found in the flea market last Sunday. It is now on TAW.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 10:38 pm

That is actually a really nice model. Congratulations!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 10:46 am

Very beautiful figure, Valérie! :)

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 7:34 pm

But it's the other model of jellyfish I would like to find. It seems to be extra rare.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 5:39 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:

Here is the 1999 Toy Major Styracosaurus I found in the flea market last Sunday. It is now on TAW.

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2021 10:53 pm

Flea markets can provide many treasures indeed.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2021 7:34 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Flea markets can provide many treasures indeed.

Oh yes, but you need many many luck,

Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 9:53 pm

Here are what I found in the flea market last Sunday: a 2009 Toy major Ankylosaurus and a Toy Major rhinoceros.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 8:23 am

I especially like the rhinoceros

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 10:58 am

I agree, the African rhino is really interesting. Is it also marked 2009? It is probably also marked with a letter, these indicators are essential to sort these models.

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 8:51 pm

Beautiful models, I love the Rhino! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 9:37 pm

Roger wrote:
I agree, the African rhino is really interesting. Is it also marked 2009?  It is probably also marked with a letter, these indicators are essential to sort these models.

The rhino is not marked 2009, it is a much earlier model. I can look again for the exact markings if you like.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:
I agree, the African rhino is really interesting. Is it also marked 2009?  It is probably also marked with a letter, these indicators are essential to sort these models.

The rhino is not marked 2009, it is a much earlier model. I can look again for the exact markings if you like.

Sorry, it is already on TAW, I haven't noticed and it is from 1998.

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 12:37 am

Roger wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
Roger wrote:

Sorry, it is already on TAW, I haven't noticed and it is from 1998.

Am I quick or what! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2021 3:16 am

As it turns out, I have the figures of that exact sealife bucket!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Toy Major animals   My Toy Major animals - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Toy Major animals
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next