Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Megaptera's Collection

Go down 
+30
RtasVadumee
Advicot
spacelab
Steve170
MartinH
Saarlooswolfhound
Caspian
Caracal
1claire
Megaptera
Tarunyada
Pardofelis
Roger
widukind
Jolly Reaper
Rakel
sauroid
EmmaMary
Wilorvise
75senta75
barracudacat
Kikimalou
Anne from Norway
lucky luke
landrover
CWGross
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
Taos
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 9:43 am

Thank you, Susanne and Roger Very Happy

Yes, the Haflinger really is wonderful and I think it is the best model of this breed nowadays.

The Hyena looks much better in real. I think this should be a female Spotted Hyena. Yesterday, in the Leipzig Zoo, I spotted a female, which had nearly the same shape.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 10:50 am

Megaptera wrote:

Yes, the Haflinger really is wonderful and I think it is the best model of this breed nowadays.

The Hyena looks much better in real. I think this should be a female Spotted Hyena. Yesterday, in the Leipzig Zoo, I spotted a female, which had nearly the same shape.

Great ! I do not think I have ever seen a haflinger except on pictures. In Denmark small horses are 95 % Fjords or Iceys Very Happy

Leipzig zoo ! What a wonderful day you must have had !
Perhaps hyenas get much more furry, like this one from Papo, when they are moved from African desert to a colder environtment ? santa

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 16, 2020 1:06 pm

Near my birthplace, there was a farm, which had many different animals. They also had two Haflinger, which were the first horses I've seen in my life.
The Leipzig Zoo was as amazing as always Very Happy
I think Hyenas in Zoos don't have to starve and so, they can grow up much better. Maybe, the Hyena from Papo is also based on an individuum from a zoo. scratch
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 8:39 pm

My next newcomers arrived today. I've chosen the Safari Red-throated Hummingbird, the Arabian Stonefish, the Pelican Eel, the Olm, the Queen Triggerfish and the Lovely Hatchetfish:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Oh! I didn't know the queen triggerfish came in a small size!!! Is it a TOOB figure?

The pelican eel has teeth, which is incorrect, and the olm has an extra toe on each hind foot. Safari sometimes makes morphologic errors in their TOOB figures. I still have the olm, though, since it is so neat and I do no't think there are other figures of it.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 10:39 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Oh! I didn't know the queen triggerfish came in a small size!!! Is it a TOOB figure?

The pelican eel has teeth, which is incorrect, and the olm has an extra toe on each hind foot. Safari sometimes makes morphologic errors in their TOOB figures. I still have the olm, though, since it is so neat and I do no't think there are other figures of it.

Yes, both models show, that plastic rubbish can lead to mutations Laughing
The Queen Triggerfish isn't a Toob model, but there was a set of different Safari models, which included the Triggerfish, a Dolphin, a diver, a coral reef, a Sea Tortoise and a Goliath Grooper.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyWed Feb 26, 2020 10:50 pm

Megaptera wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Yes, both models show, that plastic rubbish can lead to mutations Laughing
The Queen Triggerfish isn't a Toob model, but there was a set of different Safari models, which included the Triggerfish, a Dolphin, a diver, a coral reef, a Sea Tortoise and a Goliath Grooper.

Ok ok, yes, that is a Coral Reef box set or something like that. I would LOVE both the triggerfish and grouper!

EDIT: It is called, Flippers, Fin, & Fun
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 6:55 am

Indeed, it's Flippers, Fin and Fun.
At Sandspielfiguren.de you can get the figures separately.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 8:26 am

Nice additions again, especially the queen triggerfish

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 8:45 am

Indeed I've selected the triggerfish for my collection since I've discovered it in said store, because it's much smaller than the non-toob sized queen trigger of the same brand :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 8:27 pm

Thank you, Andreas and Pardofelis.
I'm really happy, that I found this smaller Queen Triggerfish, because the other is too large for my collection.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 8:02 pm

My next wonderful newcomers from Safari: the Leopard Shark and the Atlantic White-sided Dolphin

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 8:09 pm

I love those very much too !!!

Congratulations, - more beauty in your beautyful collection cheers

Can you tell me something about the White-sided Dolphin , please ? Very Happy

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Thank you, Susanne. I love both of them very much. Safari is a brand, which creates wonderful models.
What do you want to know about the Dolphin? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Thank you, Susanne. I love both of them very much. Safari is a brand, which creates wonderful models.
What do you want to know about the Dolphin? Very Happy

Ohh, soory !!!
I mean the dolphin in front of the White-sided one geek Very Happy

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 8:54 pm

This is the Striped Dolphin from the 2019s Dolphin Toob made by Safari.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 9:53 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Congratulations for your new sea animals. If I suddenly decided to start collecting dolphins and sharks, I'd surely start with all the rich Safari range first. Later, eventually adding some other species from other companies to complement but I think the majority of the species covered by major brands can be found on Safari. Pity that the crocodile shark is already so ahrd to find. Sad

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 11:09 am

Thank you, Andreas and Roger.

Yes, I'm also waiting for a Crocodile Shark model. But, I think that Safari will add it to their collection in the future.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Here are my next newcomers. The Safari Ltd Bonnethead shark, the Science and Nature Red-tailed black cockatoo and the CollectA Beluga whale:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 4:59 pm

Your collections is growing every day :)

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 5:19 pm

Thank you, Andreas. I'm always searching for new interesting species and better versions of species I already have. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 5:40 pm

Yes ! Beautyful models as always cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2020 7:08 pm

Bonnetheads are the kind of sharks we never expect to see in toy shape, as it is the most distant from the idea we have of a hammerhead, it is naturally not a common choice . Larami made it in a series shark dedicated and now this one from Safari that is clearly the Western company with the biggest diversity of sharks. If I ever start collecting sharks, this bonnethead will be one of my priorities. Any special reason to you get the CollectA beluga whale, is it your favorite?

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2020 2:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I also love the variety of sharks Safari has made. If I had more space, I would add much more of them to my collection. And first, I got the Papo Beluga, which looks really good. But the grey back was not really accurate. Then, I found an interesting article about Belugas and one was shown on an image. It looked exactly like the one from CollectA. So, I started to check this model and it's really accurate. The colouration is beautiful and also the teeth are well made and very accurate. In real, the model looks even better than in the catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaptera's Collection   Megaptera's Collection - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Megaptera's Collection
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next