Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!

Go down 
+9
bmathison1972
Ana
Wilorvise
Roger
Gwaine
Kikimalou
Tarunyada
NightLioness
SUSANNE
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 12:32 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Things sound exciting already. Smile   While I don't think I'll be doing any sculptural adjustments this time, maybe I will repaint my first horse...

Quote :
So I am experimenting with Sculpey clay...if it all works out, someone will be getting a species that I do not think has been made in toy form before...fingers crossed LOL
If I may suggest- I'd try "Premo!" (sold by Sculpey), rather than their main formula- once baked it is sturdier and more flexible, so better for thin or small parts. When I first tried it, it made a big difference and a less stressful experience.

Thanks Andy; I'll consider that for future plans. This animal is somewhat robust (it's not an arthropod) so I think it will be fine. But if it fails I will revisit Premo LOL.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 2:04 am

Glad to see everyone is excited to get started! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with Very Happy

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2018 2:04 pm

I also have a few ideas, now I need to find a suitable model Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

here's a little sneak-peak of what I'm working on Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Ooh exciting! bounce bounce bounce

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 13, 2018 10:16 pm

This little bird is currently flying to his new home:

It's the Andean cock-of-the-rock, Rupicola peruvianus. Now, I am not a painter, and certianly not a sculptor. This is the very first bird I ever made. I chose it because with the rather robust form and solid, bold colors even I should be able to manage one hahaha. I also chose this species because it might be a 'unique' species in figure form(?). The final product (last three images) has a satin varnish, so there are glares of light (not areas lacking paint haha).

The recipient of this figure does have a preference for mammals, but I would be even worse at mammals; besides this person is also interested in birds so I hope it will be well received.

Now I just hope hope hope it makes it safely. For one I hope I packed it ok, and then I actually had a rather unpleasant experience with the person at the post office which has me worrying more Crying or Very sad . But fingers crossed it lands at its new home ok!!  Very Happy

It will be coming in two pieces, and there is a small peg on the bottom of the bird to insert onto its rock/feet.

Oh well, I hope this is OK; this is all a totally new realm for me!!!

The final product:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 1:54 am

It is amazing to see Blaine involved on it! I didn't even know that figures were supposed to be presented before the recipient receive it.
That's a wonderful and vibrantly colored unusual species. I have no memory of ever reading about it. I only remember listening to a radio podcast about the Guianan species. I enjoy the fact that this bird, like many others, include some insects in its diet. It will be very well feeded before being sent. Laughing

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 am

Roger wrote:
It is amazing to see Blaine involved on it! I didn't even know that figures were supposed to be presented before the recipient receive it.
That's a wonderful and vibrantly colored unusual species. I have no memory of ever reading about it. I only remember listening to a radio podcast about the Guianan species. I enjoy the fact that this bird, like many others, include some insects in its diet. It will be very well feeded before being sent. Laughing

LeAnn said we can post pics now, maybe I should have just hinted? LOL. Well, it's out now! :)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 3:14 am

He looks great! Lovey work Blaine! I'm sure your partner will love him Very Happy

Roger wrote:

Everyone is welcome to post photos either before or after it arrives, whichever they decide they want to do Very Happy Hints or full photos are fine.

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Sneak peek Wink

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 11:56 pm

Karin, that is looking familiar. Wink

LeeAnn wrote:
Roger wrote:

Everyone is welcome to post photos either before or after it arrives, whichever they decide they want to do Very Happy Hints or full photos are fine.

LeeAnn is the swap boss. I was just the ignorant here. By the way, talking about ignorance, is there a feminine word for boss? geek

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 am

Roger wrote:

LeeAnn is the swap boss. I was just the ignorant here. By the way, talking about ignorance, is there a feminine word for boss? geek

Not in English; 'boss' covers all bases.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 am

Familiar Roger? Never painted a wolf before XD

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Laughing "Boss lady" works too, I get that a lot at work lol!

Looking good Karin!

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 12:23 am

Very interesting pictures and bird, Blaine! I like its eyes and the tip of its concealed beak, as well as the paint style on the base.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:29 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:
Very interesting pictures and bird, Blaine! I like its eyes and the tip of its concealed beak, as well as the paint style on the base.

Thanks Andy. It's my first bird ever LOL. I figure this was a good species to experiment with.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 pm

NightLioness wrote:
Familiar Roger? Never painted a wolf before XD

Embarassed I can't remember why I commented like that. Am I mixing our Dutch young ladies again? geek

bmathison1972 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Not in English; 'boss' covers all bases.

LeeAnn wrote:
Laughing "Boss lady" works too, I get that a lot at work lol!

Thanks to you both. Very Happy

A-J

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 7:51 pm

Yay, excitement bounce bounce
I finished one little critter today. Now I need to find a suitable mold for it's companion.

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 12:40 pm

We need a thank you topic, as my Swap is in! Very Happy cheers I love you

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Love everyones' works so far! I haven't started yet! affraid

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 pm

NightLioness wrote:
We need a thank you topic, as my Swap is in! Very Happy cheers I love you

That was fast! Topic open [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 3:44 am

10 days remaining to mail your package! Hope everyone's models are coming along nicely Very Happy Any sneak peeks? Wink

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

I'm really happy I found time to work on my swap between all my responsibilities. But I finished it and took it to the post office yesterday! I really hope my swap partner will receive my repaint early this week Smile

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Gwaine

Gwaine

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:07 pm

My project is gona be on it's way on the mail tomorrow of friday

Papo: 82
Safari: 150
Mojo fun: 23
Playmobil: 117
Other: 288
~
schleich count: 1222
~
Total: 2156

My DeviantArt: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Twitter: @Tezzieh
My Instagram: tessa.b.storm
Back to top Go down
https://www.patreon.com/mrsaugustwalker
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

Here is a quick look at the painting in process. The model is the Safari Abaco Barb mare, one of my favorite horse sculptures at this scale. I'm painting it as a blue roan feral horse, using "Nokota" horses as reference (I thought this would be fitting for the swap). I used a cooler gray base coat, then warmer black, burnt sienna wash, and whitish gray blended over the top to try and get a silvery roan effect. The bottom photo is essentially the final coat color for the body, except without the darker "corn marks".

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next