Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!

Go down 
+9
bmathison1972
Ana
Wilorvise
Roger
Gwaine
Kikimalou
Tarunyada
NightLioness
SUSANNE
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Wow he looks great!! bounce

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:10 pm

That horse looks absolutely smashing, Andy! drunken Blue roan is such a gorgeous colour! That's going to be a lucky new owner! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Since A-J received her swap repaint from me and showed it in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I decided to share some photos I made during the repainting process Smile This repaint was extremely fun to do, and it really encouraged me to do more repaints! cheers I only have to learn to photograph the repaint during every step, because I forgot some steps this time What a Face I used acrylics paint and I finished it with varnish.

So here is the repaint I did for A-J! It's supposed to be a bat-eared fox (Otocyon megalotis) and it was done on the 2017 Papo fennec fox model ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Of course, first a photograph of the original figurine:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I first washed the figurine with soap, because I heard that the paint sticks better this way. The first painting step was to paint the figurine completely black. I did two layers of black paint, just to be sure. But I forgot to photograph this step, but I think you can all imagine the Papo fennec fox in black Laughing

The next step was to add a dark shade of brown. I didn't cover the complete figurine, because some parts (such as the legs) were supposed to stay black. So here's the fox with the first layers of dark brown:

And of course I miss some photographs of the process here. I did several layers of brown on top of the old ones, working with a lighter shade every time. And it was important that there was a clear contrast in the face, resulting in the bat-eared fox's mask.

And here's the painting process as good as finished! I painted the eyes dark brown with black vertical pupils. I gave the nails a grey touch.

I put a layer of matt varnish on top of the fur and glossy varnish on the eyes and nose. Here he's ready to be photographed in my little studio:

And of course a good photograph is part of the process as well, including a close-up (and I still need a macro lens):

I hope it's recognizable as a bat-eared fox. It was extremely fun to do! cheers

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2018 4:39 pm

He is beautiful Julie! cheers Absolutely adorable I love you So much fun watching your progress too! Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am

Julie, of course a fox is always a good idea. Very interesting that repaint of the Papo fennec in a bat-eared. Surely the mould works well and it is recognizable. Lucky owner. Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Shipping deadline was the 12th - if you have not yet shipped and have not contacted me otherwise, please PM me ASAP!

Tarunyada

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2018 6:49 pm

Thank you so much, LeeAnn and Roger! cheers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 1:08 am

Tarunyada wrote:
Since A-J received her swap repaint from me and showed it in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I decided to share some photos I made during the repainting process Smile This repaint was extremely fun to do, and it really encouraged me to do more repaints! cheers I only have to learn to photograph the repaint during every step, because I forgot some steps this time What a Face I used acrylics paint and I finished it with varnish......

.....I hope it's recognizable as a bat-eared fox. It was extremely fun to do! cheers

cheers  It's really nice to see the process!

That reminds me,  I said I would share the process of the swap figure I made for Ana. So here it is :

Here's the model I started with

I removed some bits

Added some

Added several layers of white-ish paint

More paint
That was about it.  I had quite a lot of fun finding the reference pictures and resource information about the breed.  Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 1:12 pm

Wow, that's amazing transformation! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 1:11 am

Very interesting to see the whole process. Thanks a lot for showing and please keep expanding your talent. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Wonderful to see these transformations cheers

Thankyou very much both of you flower

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Ops, I want to enter but I have been inactive for the last few months! So sad. It was really funny the other time I entered.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 1:43 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Ops, I want to enter but I have been inactive for the last few months! So sad. It was really funny the other time I entered.

Sorry, but you are almost a year late Sad

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 5:56 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

I read the months but not the year lol!

But this is a good moment to ask... Will it be happening again soon?

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 7:55 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:

I read the months but not the year lol!

But this is a good moment to ask... Will it be happening again soon?

When I saw that there was a new reaction to the STS swap I thought "yay another one" but it was just a reaction in an old thread. But, I'm in if we are going to do new one bounce

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 am

Yeah... Sorry, my fault!

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!   The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The THIRD STS Customized Animal Figure Swap!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3