Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand Identification topic

Go down 
+74
rogerpgvg
Caracal
Stripedhyena
sunny
Babdo
Hippocollector
Morek
Phexedrine
goatherder
Leoo Past
thebritfarmer
Jill
spor
MansoBoricua
Paleochris
spacelab
ikessauro
halichoeres
Neptune
HeartHorses
George
NandO
Bowhead Whale
Roy-Swetsie
Farm collector
Bonnie
castlerigg
Duck-Anch-Amun
Advicot
Mitsukuni
Steve170
mest
Pardofelis
angtyson97
landrover
bmathison1972
Taos
Sylvius
elephas_maximus
JRoberto
Ana
WhiteLightning Wolf
AlienMantis
hawkins_zh
Noémi
WILLYBACOMAN
Rhamphorhynchus
sbell
Tarunyada
Ice_twin
Oryx7557
widukind
Wilorvise
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
Tiermann
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Cscshop2013
smallscaleworld
pipsxlch
costicuba
farmerguy
QuollMate
schleich61
LeeAnn
blackdanter
DaveScriv
Jennypurr
Chris Sweetman
Roger
jarda
75senta75
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitsukuni

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

Brand Identification topic - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 6:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thank you, that’s good! I hope it is.

@whitelighting wolf
Yeah I’m very confused, I looked trough the wiki and it’s not there but it seems like it is innovative kids. Must be like you said a newer release or it’s from one of the books.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 11:34 am

It is more or less safe that it is an Innovative Kids figure.
I don't know if someone owns a picture of the 9408 Pets, likely this figure belongs to that series.

Mitsukuni

Country/State : United states/ohio

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 22, 2020 9:55 pm

I agree [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you:)

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:04 pm

Steve170 wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If I saw that thing lying on the floor, I would shame the cat and run for desinfectant and kitchen roll  lol!

Embarassed geek Embarassed Rolling Eyes Embarassed

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 8:08 pm

Several years ago ( more than 10 years ago) I bought these on Ebay.
The seller wrote they were AAA, which they are not. Suspect

They feel like AAA , - heavy and rather large, but this is the marking they have :

Actually they are ok models, but if it was today I would probably never have bought them Wink

Does anybody know anything about them ? Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:20 pm

A next chinese mystery Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:25 pm

I would assume they are AAA copies (I recognize the molds). Too bad the seller was misleading.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 9:45 pm

widukind wrote:
A next chinese mystery Wink

Laughing Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
I would assume they are AAA copies (I recognize the molds). Too bad the seller was misleading.

Are they copies ?
YES !
Look HERE ! cheers

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:02 pm

They do seem like copies as I have the brown bear cubs painted as pandas, but the circle round the Made in China reminds me of an unknown brand that also released a ceratosaurs and styracosaurs which I own.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Advicot wrote:
They do seem like copies as I have the brown bear cubs painted as pandas, but the circle round the Made in China reminds me of an unknown brand that also released a ceratosaurs and styracosaurs which I own.

WOW ! That is interesting Shocked

If you can find time, I would LOVE to see pictures Very Happy

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

I also thought they looked like AAA! Def that style.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 8:15 am

Produced Nayab not the old AAA figures? Could it be that?

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 10:08 am

widukind wrote:
Produced Nayab not the old AAA figures? Could it be that?

Yes, that might be Shocked
Great thought Idea Applause

Last edited by SUSANNE on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 2:41 pm

If a company makes an order to AAA produce their brown bears with panda colors, AAA will do it. This kind of manufacturers do not always mark their models with the manufacturer marking but sometimes with the markings of the company who ordered it. It is really hard to track what AAA produced or what was copied from other Chinese manufacturers. The user [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] told us that they produce the AAA figures as one of their lines but that is ulikely the truth. AAA is a real manufacturer and not a brand from a company. We've found later that Nayab was also producing outrageous copies of Schleich, Papo and similar companies and the user mentioned that figures were not copies once they had some little differences. I've found also that the taxonomic sets from Nayab, like the wild canids, is not from Nayab but from Toy-Mate and recently we've found that the Realistic series, the one we always thought were original Nayab designs, were in fact figures made by Timpo to Del Prado Editions. We keep calling everything unknown as Nayab but the rhole of this company in this hobby is quite dubious.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 3:23 pm

This is very, very interesting, Roger Shocked

Several of my "Nayabs" wear Del Prado-tag, so they are the real ones having them made Shocked

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello

As I´m searching a special Deko-Figurine (Mole with Saxofon), I found a seller with an odd "mole". In fact, it´s a echidna, but I haven´t seen it before. Does someone know what brand it is?

The Seller also has lot of other figurines, most of them seem to be knock-offs or china brands study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 12:31 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Hello

As I´m searching a special Deko-Figurine (Mole with Saxofon), I found a seller with an odd "mole". In fact, it´s a echidna, but I haven´t seen it before. Does someone know what brand it is?

The Seller also has lot of other figurines, most of them seem to be knock-offs or china brands study

Couldn't it be a knock-off of the Science and Nature Echidna?

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 12, 2020 1:41 pm

I was browsing the German eBay last night and it seems there are more knock offs than actual Schleich, Papo etc Very worrying if you ask me.

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2020 11:47 am

Roger wrote:
Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:
Hello

Couldn't it be a knock-off of the Science and Nature Echidna?

I believe it too

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Sorry Roger, I missed your answer...
Yes, for me it looks also a lot like the S&N echidna.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 9:51 am

I missed this topic last month i guess.
I have never seen the cubs in brown before.
Regarding the bears, i can only provide some reference pictures from my AAA polarbear cubs and a copy. Needless to say i dont know the maker of the copy.

Left copy, middle and right marked AAA

The copy has a more nasty line from the mold and a worse paintjob on eyes and mouth.
Note the interesting blue eyes and the red nostrils on the middle cub.

The copy on the left is a touch smaller, but has a much more sculpted fur.
Middle and right are the same model, but not the same mold.
the middle has the flattest fur.

All 3 are made in china
Middle and right have a AAA mark between frontpaws
Only right one has the CE logo

I hope the helps in any way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 11:12 am

I don't but I know of a brand with the Made in China in a circle which released a ceratosaurs and a styracosaurs.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 3:13 pm

No idea

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:15 pm

I don't know either, but they are ever so lovely Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:50 pm

Given AAA's prolific presence in the toy world I think it is difficult to track down the exact origin/maker (they've sold and probably had moulds "stolen" and used over and over and over for decades). Just in authentic AAA models the bears and cats have been reused for a variety of species. (Polar bears, pandas, grizzly, black; black panther, leopard, jaguar, snow leopard, lion, tiger, you name it)

Their sculpts have even been twisted into species they most definitely are not similar to. The Mongoose figures have been marketed as meerkats. I also have mini versions of AAA figures made by unknown producers.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand Identification topic   Brand Identification topic - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand Identification topic
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next