Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare

Go down 
+25
Duck-Anch-Amun
Shanti
Advicot
RtasVadumee
costicuba
spacelab
Steve170
Megaptera
landrover
Caracal
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
75senta75
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Taos
SUSANNE
Tiermann
zirkoon
Roger
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 5:58 am

So, another little special upload.  I came across these two quite by accident both times. But I kept both partially because they are a little different, but also because work horses usually work in teams. My grandfather was a dairy and then beef farmer. But his way of making a living was usually "old fashioned", and instead of using tractors to do a job, if it was reasonable to, he would rather use his team of clydesdales to harvest things like the hay fields. And when he got too old to work them efficiently, he still kept a pair of them around anyways to reminisce when he was forced to use tractors more often. But besides that, he had an eye for horses. He enjoyed going to the horse shows where teams would compete in pulling. His favorites were always the "unmatched" teams, one horse smaller than the other, because they always seemed to win. The smaller horse pulling with all his might and digging the tips of his hooves into the earth to match the strength of a larger companion, often got the job done faster seemingly because the horses simply wanted to work harder. Anyway, these clydesdales remind me of him and my younger days.

These two are in a parade style dress, one with its braided knots broken off and a bit more "loved" than the other, but maybe if they were real live animals, they would be a great "unmatched" team and thats why I keep the two together.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 6:20 am

Very charming model , and great photos cheers

Of course we need a family for the Safari wapiti bull Applause

Ojhh, and now there are two wonderful , "unmatched" , old heavy horses drunken

They are beautyful, and so is the story about your grandfather.
What a wonderful man he must have been. I love you

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:16 am

The two Clydesdale horses are both very beautiful figures and look more like ornaments than toys.

Your story about your grandfather reminds me of my own grandfather but he never used Clydesdale horses to plough the fields

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:43 pm

Thank you both. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 5:37 pm

The great Schleich elephant seal! This is a large figure, and one if the gems of my collection I enjoy the most. We had a terrible wind storm and cold snap yesterday, so my yard isn't very presentable quite yet... luckily our trees are young and healthy so no damage there, unlike the entire 50+ year old trees that got uprooted in town. Shocked Now I have a mess to clean up.

Having a bit of salad for lunch. Wink Nevermind its up a tree.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 7:32 pm

Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 pm

Very nice elephant seal, Applause Applause what size is it ? please.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 3:22 am

A nice figure of a sea elephant

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:36 pm

I have Mojo's release of this figure, and it's a lovely sculpt

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Thank you Alain, Fernando, Andreas, and Adam!

Fernando, I will try to post measurements later today for you. Is there is a model you would like a comparison photo with? I have the CollectA zebra shark I could use...

Adam, I need to get the mojo one for comparison of this huge shadowy beast!

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 7:37 pm

I'm pretty positive it is the same mould

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 7:41 pm

It is, but its not painted flat black like the Schleich.

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Wonderful model. I also have it since 2002. I was always looking for it, but I never got it and in the end it was retired. But then I found it in a local store Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 10:37 pm

Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 10:38 pm

Finally, the measurements for the seal. (I could not find a centimeter ruler in my house for the life of me! Sorry...) Hope this helps.
CollectA zebra shark and current Schleich seal for scale.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 7:12 am

Great

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Thanks for the measurements, cheers cheers it really is beautiful figure.

cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 3:34 pm

Schleich brown swiss bull. This figure I have had for a long time. He was my favorite bull for the longest time because he didn't have a family. Then I found out in a catalog that he DID have a family. So I HAD to find him his family! I found his lady first, and it wasn't until a few years ago I fnally got his calf. But he remains my very favorite cow model of all!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 4:09 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Is it just me or does the figure look like a Bullyland?

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 6:56 pm

The Brown Swiss Cattle looks wonderful Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2020 10:54 pm

It would be great if you could tell a similar story with your bull sea elephant. However, I know that releasing a elephant seal cow could be confuse for kids once they would look like calves.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:24 am

Thanks again everyone! Roger, I think that massive bull elephant seal would give quite a fright to all my cattle!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 6:33 am

FINALLY DONE! I took up a project to catalog every model in my collection for emergency purposes (just in case). I started at the end of January and didn't finish until now! The reason why?...

3,934 animal figures total.

It took FOREVER to complete, documenting each model's information and trying not to rush so as to focus on accuracy instead, and so many interruptions waylaid my work... but now it is complete!

So since I haven't shared display photos in a while, I will share one of my book cases every few days until it is done, and then return to regular "creature feature" showcases. Lets begin! (Lighting was not optimal as I took photos upon finishing my counting late at night...)

Africa is up first. Full bookcase:

Giraffes, elephants, some primates

Antelope galore, okapi, lemurs, and pigs

Big cats; lions, leopards, cheetahs

Hyena, civets, wild dogs, hippopotamuses, zebras

Cape buffalo, rhinoceroses, and other primates

Meerkat wall hanging display[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And as usual, feel free to ask for closeups or questions, I am happy to help!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 EmptySat Sep 12, 2020 7:34 am

Wonderful displays :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare
Page 27 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next