Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare

Go down 
+25
Duck-Anch-Amun
Shanti
Advicot
RtasVadumee
costicuba
spacelab
Steve170
Megaptera
landrover
Caracal
rogerpgvg
bmathison1972
pipsxlch
75senta75
Kikimalou
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Pardofelis
Taos
SUSANNE
Tiermann
zirkoon
Roger
Bloodrayne
lucky luke
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 2:22 am

lucky luke wrote:
Congratulations on your collection  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  queen
very good addition.
On the image of Serpents and Lizard;  scratch  study
can I know which brand is the flying lizard, the pink left side in front of Nr 3   flower
Here you are my friend.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you everyone else!

Roger, I would suggest you take a look at this moose again. I understand that he isn't for everyone's tastes but... I find him such a handsome figure. And his slightly larger size just makes him more unique, I don't find him abnormally large.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 2:58 am

Next up, though a little late in the day... Sleep Toy Major poodle.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

She is fabulous

I really like the mossy rose combo with this poodle in this shot.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 8:36 am

Such a lovely little beauty and great photos cheers

jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 12:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I don´t think the Papo moose is extraordinary larger in comparison with another Papo deers (see e.g. the caribou, whitetail deer family etc.). I have another problems with some Papo ungulates - these figures are slightly too robust than these animals in the real life - see the caribou, adult white tails, doe+fawn, oryx...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 5:20 pm

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptySun Oct 11, 2020 6:46 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
lucky luke wrote:
Congratulations on your collection  Very Happy  Applause  cheers  queen
very good addition.
On the image of Serpents and Lizard;  scratch  study
can I know which brand is the flying lizard, the pink left side in front of Nr 3   flower
Here you are my friend.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you everyone else!

Roger, I would suggest you take a look at this moose again. I understand that he isn't for everyone's tastes but... I find him such a handsome figure. And his slightly larger size just makes him more unique, I don't find him abnormally large.

Thank you very much! cheers study flower
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 1:24 am

jarda wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: I don´t think the Papo moose is extraordinary larger in comparison with another Papo deers (see e.g. the caribou, whitetail deer family etc.). I have another problems with some Papo ungulates - these figures are slightly too robust than these animals in the real life - see the caribou, adult white tails, doe+fawn, oryx...

Defintely not. I was talking about a very early stage of my collecting hobby when I was probably very formated to adopt "Schleich sizes" as it happens with many collectors. Papo moose and bison are two models I hesitated and ended not buying. Currently, I find their sizes much more appealing to me than the corresponding Schleich. Mooses and bisons are really large animals, Papo sizes are more than fine, I agree. I will visit a Papo shop soon and I will try to check if they are available and see what to do after a serious conversation with my wallet. Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 6:43 pm

Thank you everyone. :)

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 6:43 pm

The stunning Southlands dingo.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Roger wrote:
jarda wrote:

Defintely not. I was talking about a very early stage of my collecting hobby when I was probably very formated to adopt "Schleich sizes" as it happens with many collectors. Papo moose and bison are two models I hesitated and ended not buying. Currently, I find their sizes much more appealing to me than the corresponding Schleich. Mooses and bisons are really large animals, Papo sizes are more than fine, I agree. I will visit a Papo shop soon and I will try to check if they are available and see what to do after a serious conversation with my wallet. Wink

Do you want me to send you a bison ? I think they still have it in the toy shop close to my job.

Very nice dingo btw, I would already have it in my collection if I had not stopped collecting for several months.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Nice dingo

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 7:25 pm

I almost went with this dingo. I like the pose, but the face and overall sculpt of the Safari figure looked better to me. Unfortunately, the Safari figure is in a very stiff pose.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 8:05 pm

Thanks guys.

@Blaine, the safari figure is great as well, but its legs exaggerate the stiffness effect of the model. If it had a little movement that would greatly improve the overall quality of the model for me. This Southlands to me is great because of its overall proportions, movement, and expression. My only complaint would be that its nose is painted a tad too large and the lower margin of its ears could have been moved down a smidge on the skull. But for my thinking, these are traits that are possible within a genetic population to make an individual a little unique so I don't mind terribly. Especially since dingos have interbred with feral dogs in many parts of Australia, so genetic variability is a consequence.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
I almost went with this dingo. I like the pose, but the face and overall sculpt of the Safari figure looked better to me. Unfortunately, the Safari figure is in a very stiff pose.

Maybe it's not just me then. I want to love this dingo, but the head is just weird to me. It's something about the ears and muzzle.
Although static, the Safari looked more 'real' to me also.
I think this is the only Southlands that hasn't really worked for me. (Not that I own any!)

P.S. love the cryptic effect of the shot on the rock!
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 4:18 am

pipsxlch wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Maybe it's not just me then. I want to love this dingo, but the head is just weird to me. It's something about the ears and muzzle.
+1
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 1:30 pm

I agree the Southlands dingo may not look perfect at all but contrarily to previous comments, I never felt any kind of excitment around the Safari model. Not wanting to say it s a bad model because it is not but it looks quite unnatural to me. On the other hand, the Southlands shows a lifelike posture and it is a very well finished model.

RtasVadumee wrote:

Do you want me to send you a bison ? I think they still have it in the toy shop close to my job.

Thanks, that is very kind from you. However, I am sure a large figure like the bison will requires a little fortune in postage.
I will check locally first and consider your offer if I decid to get it. Very Happy

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2020 10:09 pm

Ok, try to tell me as soon as you can, I think they only have one left.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 4:38 pm

If Roger doesn't want the bison, I'd be happy to do a trade with you again

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:06 pm

It seems we have discovered another debatable canine in the collecting world to pair with the papo Jackal. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:07 pm

AAA kingfisher and his strange looking fishy lunch.

I actually really love this model and its color pallet.

This fish treat almost looks like a candy, the only real weak point for the figure to me.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 6:41 pm

Nice figure, but really huge

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Wonderful model!! Smile

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 9:33 pm

This Kingfisher looks amazing. I also like the Dingo. How large is it?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 1:01 am

Wonderful kingfisher, Paige. Maybe Sean knows what it is eating! Wink

RtasVadumee wrote:
Ok, try to tell me as soon as you can, I think they only have one left.

If it was a figure you had regreted to buy, I'd buy it from you to make you recover the money, even more now that I've found it is not available in that local shop I mentioned. However, I checked the online shop I've made a purchase last time and they still have it. I believe it will be available longer once it is not a retired figure as far as I know.
I also will see what are brands releasing for 2021, maybe CollectA replaces their great but old model. If there's no exciting news about bisons next year, I will get defintely the Papo beast from that online shop. So, open way to Adam! Wink Thanks! cheers

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 1:14 am

This AAA kingfisher is a good figure. Beautiful photo ,Paige. cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare   Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhounds collection display, close ups. Updated February 23rd! Papo arctic hare
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next