Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds

Go down 
+20
Giulia
lucky luke
Bonnie
pipsxlch
Ted_Goldman
Duck-Anch-Amun
costicuba
Tiermann
NightLioness
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
Taos
rogerpgvg
Caracal
SUSANNE
Roger
Pardofelis
RtasVadumee
widukind
Advicot
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Thank you so so much! Very Happy It's actually bigger than I thought which is good- and almost 1/12 scale! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:22 pm

Many of the new Schleich are bigger (the penguin is tiny) especially the anteater!

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Congratulations, Adam! I’d love a comparison of the proboscis monkey with the Mojo one if you have it. I don’t think the anteater is better than Papo’s or Safari’s but better than the older version. However, it is a figure to be examinated in detail. I need to see these front paws and even those ears. Laughing Your anteater seems to have a thinner white strip that the one previously presented, is your model made in China?

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:28 pm

Oh that's interesting to hear, because in the last few years I've definitely noticed a sort of 'shrinkflation' with Schleich- lots of tiny models that are overpriced! I'm excited for future dogs now! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Proboscis monkeys coming up. And I'll do the pics of the anteater for you Roger. The figure is Made In Portugal :)

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 9:44 pm

Bigger than Papo, even bigger than Safari, I'll pass on this one.

Anyway, congrats for your acquisitions Adam, proboscis and manatee are nice, badger may be ok to replace my old one without having to pay 30€ for the 2011 version (even if it's very likely that I will end up getting both in order to have a full family).

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Thank you Adam! I really like the proboscis monkey figure. Size is also nicer than Mojo’s although I will keep both once it is a rare species.
I also think the giant anteater is very decent and its “hands” are apparently better than I thought. It is Made in Portugal what is also interesting. I love all anteaters together.

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 5:38 pm

Roger I also love the claws on the anteater

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 8:46 pm

WOW !!!! You got them already !!! cheers

Thankyou ever so much for great photos and comparisons Applause
I love most of them Very Happy

But the poor monkey must be terribly hungry, - they usually have huge bellies because of the fibrous diet and this one is all slim, and with ribs standing out Shocked
I truely hope it has not been made from a live model, because ...poor beast Sad

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 8:48 pm

Adam, could you take a picture of the proboscis next to the mandrill please ?

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 9:08 pm

Thanks for the pictures. I don´t know about the anteater...it looks nice and weird at the same time. I think I will wait for it until I see it in real life. Size could really be a problem.
And you don´t have bought the warthog? :)
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 9:18 pm

Thanks very much for showing us your new Schleich models! I was tempted to ask you comparison pics since I saw yesterday your new additions in the "Pictures for toy animal wiki" thread. Definitely I will get the proboscis monkey, I rejected Papo one due to size but the Schleich one is much better sizewise. And the shape of the nose is also better in the Schleich. The paintjob and the body shape is better in Mojo, but the paintjob can be easily cusomized.
I will pass of the new anteater, still want the Mojo one. The new Schleich, besides being too enormous, have a weird shaped neck.
The manatee is very good for my taste and may replace the Papo one in my wishlist.
Emperor penguin looks very good, just the adequate size for me, instead being enormous as most other figures of this species are. And being lonely (without a chick) and without base, and having a decent tapered bill, this is just what I want in an emperor penguin figurine.
So monkey, penguin and manatee will be probably the 2021 Schleich's that I will get in my collection.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Thanks very much for showing us your new Schleich models! I was tempted to ask you comparison pics since I saw yesterday your new additions in the "Pictures for toy animal wiki" thread. Definitely I will get the proboscis monkey, I rejected Papo one due to size but the Schleich one is much better sizewise. And the shape of the nose is also better in the Schleich. The paintjob and the body shape is better in Mojo, but the paintjob can be easily cusomized.
I will pass of the new anteater, still want the Mojo one. The new Schleich, besides being too enormous, have a weird shaped neck.
The manatee is very good for my taste and may replace the Papo one in my wishlist.
Emperor penguin looks very good, just the adequate size for me, instead being enormous as most other figures of this species are. And being lonely (without a chick) and without base, and having a decent tapered bill, this is just what I want in an emperor penguin figurine.
So monkey, penguin and manatee will be probably the 2021 Schleich's that I will get in my collection.

That's the opposite Pardo, the proboscis is from Mojo while the anteater is from Papo Wink
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 9:26 pm

Opsss. I don't know why I always mix up these two brands!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 10:33 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
But the poor monkey must be terribly hungry, - they usually have huge bellies because of the fibrous diet and this one  is all slim, and with ribs standing out Shocked

I agree with you Susanne, this new Proboscis monkey seems a bit sick. Crying or Very sad I still prefer the healthy Mojo one Very Happy

Nevertheless cheers Thank you for sharing the pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Thank you very much for sharing these images! Very Happy cheers study
Congratulations on finding this lot before Christmas santa
I really like Schleich's proboscis! drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2020 11:34 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
But the poor monkey must be terribly hungry, - they usually have huge bellies because of the fibrous diet and this one  is all slim, and with ribs standing out Shocked

I agree with you Susanne, this new Proboscis monkey seems a bit sick. Crying or Very sad I still prefer the healthy Mojo one Very Happy

Nevertheless cheers Thank you for sharing the pics Very Happy

It is very well observed by both of you. Actually, that’s an important feature of this creature, not only the nose. elephant I suspect the warthog is the guilty guy, I’ve been intrigued with his rhino robusteness, it may explains why this monkey is malnourished and where’s the hog in the end? pig
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 2:30 am

Congratulations Adam, far all these new Schleich models!
You are the first one getting them on the forum  cheers
I like all of them and maybe I will get also all of them  Very Happy
Thank you for the photos.

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

I agree with you Susanne, this new Proboscis monkey seems a bit sick. Crying or Very sad  I still prefer the healthy Mojo one Very Happy

Nevertheless cheers  Thank you for sharing the pics Very Happy

It is very well observed by both of you. Actually, that’s an important feature of this creature, not only the nose. elephant I suspect the warthog is the guilty guy, I’ve been intrigued with his rhino robusteness, it may explains why this monkey is malnourished and where’s the hog in the end? pig

lol! Op, op, Roger knows something more about this intrigue scratch drunken Laughing

Last edited by costicuba on Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 2:37 am

I agree with Susanne, Kiki and Roger about the proboscis monkey.
But still, it is nice to have one more model, of this interesting animal :)
The only thing, which I don`t understand is, why Schleich made it soooooo similar as a pose, with the Mojo one ... scratch
Just a mirror pose ... It would be more clever ( my opinion) , if they made it at least, with a bit more different pose.
But of course, it`s better like this, than : 4 static legs and head turned to the side Laughing

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 2:09 pm

Congrats Adam and thank you for showing us these interesting models so early!

I have to disagree though with my friends above about the monkey's belly, at least from what I see in the pics. I think it's a very good model, detailed enough and the belly is there, just not exaggerated. Not all proboscis have extremely enormous bellies.
I roughly added some more light to Adam's photos (I hope it's OK Adam) to see the model more clear. Here it is, the belly looks average for a proboscis.

Also, Ι don't think these lines on the side are ribs, the feature the sculptor is intending to show is those wrinkles the fur and skin of these monkeys usually has on the sides and it's a good thing they're obvious on the model. Pics:

Anyway, I will get this one, to me it looks much more physical than the mojo, also it's a better size.

The Anteater also looks cool in the wiki topic Adam did, I put some light on it too:

The only problem might be the size, this will be checked in person but I think it's in a normal scale, about 1:15 - 1:16. That's acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Thank you for adding light to the photos Kostas, my lighting isn't very good when the sun sets and now it's winter it is dark by half three in the afternoon.

Ben, I can get the photo with the mandrill in about an hours time, I'm not home yet.

Thank you everybody, and I also acquired another new figure, a little European robin which I found in my cake decoration box in Home Economics, so I will show that soon.

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2020 7:43 pm

I hopefully will get some Christmas money and acquire the other 2021 figures :)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds   Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Advicot's Additions: A box from Paige and Roy- Swetsie and AMAZING eBay finds
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next