Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 05, 2021 6:30 pm

Thank you so much everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 5:08 am

Aww, I love both of them but that photo of crosseyed Buck and his beautiful portrait! I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 5:37 am

Thank you Kelly. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 7:09 am

They are creative and lively works!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 5:16 pm

More wonderful transformations.Besides Buck my fav is the Oryx!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 5:40 pm

Thank you so much! cheers

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 3:14 am

Ah, so many I've missed! That portrait of Buck is wonderful! I'll have to go see the other topic, too, but it looks to be such an exact replication. Love the picture of them together. Buck looks so surprised to see himself so tiny. Laughing

That turkey looks like quite an undertaking. I am so impressed with all the little details. That real animal is crazy look, that would be so hard to duplicate perfectly, especially on a tiny model! I think you really go very close, and represented the magnificent color range.

Beautiful work on the antelope and that prehistoric creature whose name I can't hope to remember from back on the other page. Razz I think okapi looks good on everyone!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Missed your comment Jill, thank you!

I have had to take a break from my painting to deal with real life things. I have two more half done, but decided to share this one as it is complete.

When I was about 8 my family moved to Northwestern Oregon. Every morning when my sisters and I would walk to school on our porch there would TONS of banana slugs that could grow to be as large as 6 or 8 inches long! So when I found this china slug I originally wasn't going to do anything with it but then I had this idea...

Before
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A walk through my garden... would a squash make a nice meal? No not ready...

Perhaps the raspberries? Not until the end of July.

Oh! A tomato! But it is still green...

Will have to settle for a pea pod.

The best part was I showed my mother the photos and she had a small panic attack thinking we had a slug invasion! Laughing

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 6:28 pm

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 7:36 pm

very realistic! cheers cheers You were right to repaint it in a banana slug and not in a tomato one! Very Happy

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 7:37 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
The best part was I showed my mother the photos and she had a small panic attack thinking we had a slug invasion! Laughing

I just furthered this experiment by holding the screen up to my own mother, just saying 'Look at this slug' without mentioning what kind of webpage it was on, so she had no clue if I was browsing something wildlife or gardening related.

She peered at the picture, said 'Wow', I scrolled up and showed her another shot, and she said 'I've never seen one like that before'.

I laughed and explained it was a model one someone had painted, and she says 'Well done, tell her well done, that's amazing!'

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 7:41 pm

Thank you Andreas and Alain!

George, special thanks for you and your mom! Razz I shared it later with a few of my sisters and they thought it was real for a moment too. Laughing I guess I did the real animal justice. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 8:25 pm

What a fantastic banana slug- and so so realistic, like others I definitely think it looks alive! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:40 am

Great photos!! I first wondered why you would take photos of a real slug! Very Happy Very convincing! sunny cheers
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 9:13 pm

It's always great to see an invertebrate custom, it turned out nicely.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:10 am

LOVE IT! I've long hoped to see a (real) banana slug one day, and here's the next best thing!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 3:11 am

Never in my life have I seen a custom slug, and I didn't realize until now what a shame that is. It's really lovely!! I've actually developed quite an affection for them, because I keep them to feed that Garter Snake at work (which is a bit sad, when I get attached! But the one I collect are an invasive here, so . . . ). They're much cuter than they get credit for, I'm glad to see you've honored that with a little custom. :) It DOES look quite real, especially that first photo!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 5:45 am

Late to reply but THANK YOU everyone! I am not a big invertebrate fan but it was actually really fun, albeit simple, to do.

Next few. Taking a month off made me a bit rusty... or maybe it was that these next 3 (last of the trio isn't quite ready yet...) don't have much texture nor detail to work with...

First model is of a species I don't really vibe with. Not that I don't like pandas, they are just one of those animals EVERYONE says they like only because they are "cute" and the person actually knows very little about them...(same with koalas, emperor penguins...). Anyway, I had to repair a hard scrape on the Safari panda cub. I can't easily tell where it was anymore (small fixes and alterations I can do, an original sculptor I am not). The color was inspired by Qizai, the only brown panda in captivity. Apparently he belongs to a subspecies of giant panda only recently recognized in 2005 from the Qinling Shaanxi area of china. Some have been spotted in the wild, but this color is quite rare and little is understood about them.

Surprisingly he has a black nose despite whatever dilute gene he must have...

They have such weird paws...

And a bit more fun, a saber tooth cat cub. Really pleased with the general effect even though my stripes still leave something to be desired from me.

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 7:24 am

I love the Qinling panda, been thinking for some time about making one too.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:14 am

What a wonderful idea to paint this Panda with this rare colouring, I'm sure he'll stand out as one of the only, if not the only, brown pandas on your shelf! cheers I love the overall effect of the cub's painting too, those colours really go well together and it all looks so smooth! He has such a sweet face too! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:07 pm

Thank you both so much for your words. :)

Since I got back into the groove of painting I couldn't make myself stop. Laughing

Next is the Bully German Shepherd from their smaller line of dogs. A beat up model from Kostas/spacelab (thank you!) And now repainted into a kelpie herding dog. A little more fluffy than the typical kelpie but I am very excited to have this breed.

Next we have a nayab(?) Copy(?)... at any rate it is now a peruvian pelican. I had settled on this species because of the feathering on the back of the head and the beautiful coloration months ago. Then my friend Nando came back to this forum and showed one he has repainted! His post gave me the confidence to complete my own model and here it is:

And last but not least... a kingfisher. I love these birds a lot and it was so hard to choose a species! Wanted to try something a little more colorful and settled on the black backed-/oriental dwarf kingfisher. I am not entirely happy with the result but I worked hard on it and I think it came close to the real thing... at least with my current skill status.

I hope to prime the next 6 models soon. :)

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:20 pm

Ooh, the kingfisher's very prettily done and I recognised the species at once! I especially like the two-tone effect on the flight feathers. Have you used some metallic/pearl to get the sheen or it is all clever paintwork?

I read 'kelpie' in the title and thought you'd gone into fantasy creatures for a moment there, but no, of course there's a dog type too, and very sweet it is!

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:31 pm

Qizai! What a good idea to make a unique panda, which is admittedly difficult. I love him and his weird feet. Wink

Perfect adaption of the cub, too. The color scheme for these new customs is my favorite - lots of golden browns and earthy reds!

Wonderful breed choice - we've always thought our dog looked like a kelpie mix, though we don't think he actually is. Great color choice, too. His little pink nose!!

And as always, I am always impressed when people have the patience to achieve bird paintings and customs. All those dad gum feathers! Awesome! LOVE the pelican! Both of them prove a lot of focus and attention to detail.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2021 11:41 pm

I didn't know a Qinling panda had such a nose. Laughing
All your works are looking wonderful and it is impressive how you got those vibrant colors.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 3:59 am

All are beautiful! The dog is instantly recognizable, and the way you got the eyes is especially nice. I'd never heard of the dilute pandas before, although for me they are also not a species on my radar. The bird is lovely, but I truly love what you did with that homely whatsit, turning it into a sabercat cub! The color choice is great, the eyes capture you, altogether a 10! Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 10 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 21  Next