Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyFri Nov 12, 2021 2:25 pm

Wonderful work again,congrats.I think the White bellied sea eagle is superb!! Applause Applause Applause Applause

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 11:48 am

Very nice work! Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 11:52 am

Thank you so much everybody! Now I just need the CollectA amur to complete my family and a foal to customize into a przewalski. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 1:37 pm

Stunning repaints, they get better and better every time if that is even possible, they have all been so good! Very Happy The detail on the monitor is so well done, I love that blue colour and it looks really natural too, I wouldn't have guessed that you painted it! And the leopards are wonderful too, you have painted the spots really nicely! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySat Nov 13, 2021 1:47 pm

Thank you dear Bonnie!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2021 4:28 am

I just looked back at the start of your topic and I'm excited to see how much progress you've made already. The blending and detailing on your latest repaints look awesome. I think this shows that practice and challenging yourself results in great accomplishments. Keep up the good work Applause

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 11:25 am

Aaaa, more przewalskis! I love them, I think that was a great choice for those bodies. Great color, and like George said, it's nice that you made them individual despite the coats being so similar. Always the trick I guess with wildlife customs!

And I love your reptiles. You manage to convey the varied scale coloration without getting too busy and without it looking like sloppy paintwork. That caiman is SO cute! And the monitor is really lovely! Beautiful coats on the badger and leopards as well, wow, those spots! I just think I'd go cross eyed trying to paint anything spotted like that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySun Dec 12, 2021 12:57 pm

Wonderful wild horses herd and blue lizard! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyMon Dec 13, 2021 8:58 am

wonderful repaints Applause Very Happy cheers
i like the monitor drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:00 pm

I am terrible at keeping up with my own topics... sorry and thank you everyone! 

Its been a while! I have been slowly working on these, it has just been drawn out from being too busy. Due to snow I am not sure I can manage good outdoor photos so blue might be all I can get... I will try outside tomorow.

Before
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First up! You all know I have had a fascination with wild donkeys lately...two of my 3 wild jennies are now matched. Wink First model was a bootleg Schleich donkey into a Kiang jack. The sculpt is blown up a bit and required some surgery to turn it from a female into the stud I needed but has turned out decent I think.

The next was my bootleg CollectA african wild ass turned domestic donkey bootleg. It is now a pale form of an onager jack.

Lastly was a gently chewed on (is that an oxymoron?) Schleich tiger. I love this sculpt and have not done many cats in my work so I tried a tiger (perhaps a too ambitious idea...). Decided on the "golden" coat variation. I admit this one was tough and definitely is not up to par with some of our fabulous feline artists here, but for a first try I think its ok. May revisit it someday. One big challenge is I can't find good orange acrylic paint shades and have to make my own. On top of that I seem to struggle with this pigment (over say blues or browns I understand the shading etc. better...). But it is what it is and perhaps a melanistic tiger will be a better option for me in the future. Wink 

Then a group shot with their prospective partners, original sculpts etc.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2022 10:51 pm

Wonderful repaints!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 12:00 am

The sculpt you chose for the golden tiger really gives it personality, it seems a little curious and youthful, a wonderful repaint.
The donkeys are quite nice as well, they have a calm expression to them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:28 am

We need more wild donkeys :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 am

Very beautiful kiangs and onagers! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 5:04 am

I love the wild donkey subject and very brave work with your tiger. You keep challenging yourself and that is very good. cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 10:29 am

Thank you everyone! 

Here are some outdoor photos (I found a way to stand them in the snow without them getting wet and snapped some quick shots between snowstorms... not the best lighting but hey...)
Onager

Kiang

Golden tiger

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 10:42 am

The onager's pale shading shows up a lot better in the outdoor pictures! He's my favourite of them, but I do like the Schleich-copy to Kiang too, all your other-equines herd really, they work well in these colours. I'm surprised the mainstream companies offer so few of these interesting and appealing species, am I remembering right that there's only the CollectA wild ass and all the rest of them are domestic donkeys?

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 pm

Thank you George! Yes, natural lighting of any kind really brings out the color best. I feel the same, we need more diversity of wild equines besides horses (but more ancient/rare breeds of them too like from CollectA). The only "official" release is the CollectA wild ass like you mentioned, I need to snag one for my jenny I painted.

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 1:56 pm

Wonderful,wonderful repaints cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2022 9:24 pm

Hey, that cinnamon tiger is lovely! Those asses too, the kiangs are beautiful... so are the onagers.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Belated thank you!

Here are the last 3. Definitely not my best work, these guys were challenges as the models themselves are small and each had their own issues to deal with... but at the very least they were practice right? Forced myself to make time to complete them. I plan on updating tomorrow with real sunlight photos, but here is a tease nonetheless...
An osprey, chain moray eel, and shikoku dog.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptySun Feb 13, 2022 8:36 pm

Really great repaints! The eel is easily my favorite I love you

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 2:55 am

A shikoku!! cheers cheers Applause
Really wonderful breed choice, great model to start with, and the result is amazing! cheers Those colours are so good, just like the real dog, and so much detail too considering how small it is! It's lovely to see an unusual breed repainted so well like this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 2:40 pm

Your Shikoko is looking great,congrats!!!

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2022 3:09 pm

Very good repaints, the moray eel is very impressive! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 15 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next