Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 1:11 am

Caracal wrote:
Very good repaints, the moray eel is very impressive! cheers cheers

Hear hear! cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 2:34 am

these are excellent! the dog is very cute Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 5:50 pm

Thank you! Not the best lighting but its natural light nonetheless.

Could not get his legs to stay where I wanted them to so he is glued to a nice chunk of granite. :)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Probably should have worked this sculpt more... the proportions and texture have let it down I think... I tried ti adjust the torso, which helped, but its still a bit wonky.

And this one was simple enough to do. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 6:39 pm

excellent work on the very fine details in these three Paige. They all look really good and 'alive'. I particularly like the dog's expression, quite funny and cute Very Happy
The dog has a kind of basenji look to him too and his curly tail is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Very nice repaints!! And I missed all the cute donkeys! Lovely! And the golden tiger is a rare sight! Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 7:51 pm

Fantastic patterns on all three, the Shikoku looks so fluffy.
The osprey looks pretty nice on that base.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 5:14 pm

Thank you everyone, very much. :) 

My new models, all done within the span of a few hours! I haven't been able to paint as much because of work, and I finally got a day off (unfortunately due to illness). So when I was up to it, I sat down to paint and before I knew it, all 6 of the batch were done! I am rather pleased with these overall.

The before shot:

A dollar store elephant into a forest elephant (at least to the best of my ability)

I got tired of waiting for a "big brand" to do it, so I made 2 elk cows for my bull herd. The lighter colored one was a TM red deer from thrifting. He was already missing his (separately sculpted) crown so I filled it and painted away. Then the darker model was a dollar store copy of the old Schleich red deer stag so this one got antlers and other defining parts removed and a new paint job.

With my lighter tree house kids bull and darker Safari bull.

And then the copy with the original.

Next, a Tibetan wolf inspired by another member's work. The texture on this model was a nightmare to work with...

I really like this paler summer colored coat.

And lastly, my two favorites. The morning sun has exaggerated the coloration somewhat and brought out the reds more, but I present my Mexican gray wolf pair!

And this is my all time favorite wolf model, a sculpt that has been a longtime friend. All I added here was a little floof to his cheek ruff to be more representative of this surprisingly fluffy species.

He is my favorite of the bunch.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 5:45 pm

Wonderful repaints!

Those elk cows look wonderful and I could totally see them as Safari models, I love them!

The Mexican grey wolves are my favorite too! You did an amazing job on them affraid

I remember searching a long time to find the second wolf you painted as a Mexican grey wolf, its a great figure and you made it look stunning!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 5:59 pm

Stunning repaints once again, especially your wolves! cheers cheers Applause Your Mexican Grey pair look amazing, all those colours are just right! Very Happy And the way you have painted them really brings out the best aspects of the model! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 3:03 am

Those wolves especially are lovely, though that TM 'cow' is a winner too!

All that snow when it's pushing 90 here... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:29 am

Thank you Jolie, Bonnie, and Kelly. :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:43 am

Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 4:59 pm

Beautiful beautiful repaints!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 9:41 pm

Thank you so much Andreas and Taylor!

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2022 12:35 am

Beautiful Elk, nice elephant too. cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm

Thank you very much Fernando.  sunny

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 10:29 pm

What a great series of customs I have missed! I really love the additions to your wild equid herd, I'm glad you have given them such loving attention. There needs to be more representation of them out there! The faces are particularly charming and full of personality. I like the different colors you've chosen to distinguish individuals.

I really love all your canines, too! I've never heard of shikoku dog, but I love the expression you've given him and his colors. The wolves are beautiful colors too, absolutely love the warm reds in the Mexican gray wolf. You've tackled what look like really difficult coats to replicate with all the grizzled coloring, but they look so good!

Great updates to the elk and elephant and tiger as well, and once again I am impressed with your patience to do detail feather work. I love how many obscure species you choose to replicate, I'm always learning some new things via your customs.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 10:04 pm

Thank you very much Jill. :) I am experiencing the same phenomenon. As I research what species may fit a mold, I am learning new things about morophology, species specific characteristics, as well as new animals altogether! That's partly why I am having such fun doing it.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 2:04 am

Decided to show some better shots of these last models with less natural light contrast. :)

Was really pleased with the texture and my overlaying of pigment on this one.

Have to find a solution for this cow's too flexible legs...

Couldn't get the camera to catch the shading on their faces too well unfortunately...

The view that we locals usually get around here. Laughing

With the original sculpt.

Then, my favorites!

Added some fluff to his cheek ruff to pull off the Mexican subspecies distinction. I think it turned out well.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 am

Wonderful cheers Applause

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 3:25 pm

also the wolf model I prefer! You made its cheeks a little thicker isn't it? cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySat Mar 05, 2022 8:23 pm

Thank you Susanne and Alain! Yes, I did add a little to the customized model's cheeks.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 5:26 am

I caught a gnarly case of the flu recently which has not been fun... BUT I got some repainting done. Very Happy

First, a "ticked", spotless, or red spotted cheetah (depending on how you look at it).

He looks so forlorn that I stole his spots from him.

With a King and typical specimen.

Then a zebra turned into a foal for my endangered przewalski herd!

I chose a more "newborn" pale style color scheme which is probably innacurate given his size next to his parents... but I was very pleased with the result.

Aaaaand then my ibex nannies... I cannot quite decide if I like them. I think I made the color a little too vibrant, so they may need to be dulled down in the future... or turned into something else entirely.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 8:09 am

It seems your ibex and Przewalski's horses are fairly good with breeding in your zoo :)

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 9:46 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 16 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next