Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 10:31 am

This cheetah looks the Sahara sub species one now cheers cheers ! You saved all these poor models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 1:31 pm

Sorry for your catching the flu !!! It can certainly be very nasty. Hope you are soon recovering completely I love you

The new repaints are beautyful, - and the ibex nannies are not to bright, IMHO Wink

I love your cheetah variations cheers

And we really, really need a Przewalski foal from some of "the brands" for us without artistic abilities !

George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 3:16 pm

I wasn't aware of this cheetah variation, looking at some real photos you've done a very effective job interpreting the colour, and the face markings are great. Another example of animal figures being educational, I didn't know about the king cheetah pattern til CollectA made one and I googled what that meant, now your custom has inspired me to read more about the full range of colours they can be.

The przewalski foal is lovely, too, that zebra mould works well for avoiding the domestic-horse-looking conformation of most major-brand foals, and it's nice to have a baby for your herd.

They're much like other equines in that the foal coat is lighter in colour and fluffy in texture, but doesn't shed out til the end of their first summer when the first winter coat grows in, so you have a good few months of height growth before the colour change, it doesn't have to be only small newborns which look so light compared to their mum.
This example shows a well-grown baby still in the pale coat, you can see from the scruffy rough texture on the mum that she's starting to fluff up with a thicker coat for the autumn at the same time as the youngster's losing tufts of foal coat. Give them a couple more months, and they'll be the same colour and just as hairy as each other Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 06, 2022 10:38 pm

Thank you so much everyone! I was a little nervous sharing the ibex nannies here but I guess they aren't too bad after all... goes to show I am my harshest critic. Wink

And thank you especially George for the info on my foal. He fits right in then!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 1:06 am

excellent repaints, especially the cheetah. I love his face! and it goes to show that a cheap? model can be turned into something spectacular Very Happy
well done Paige!
I really like the ibex nannies, especially the fine detailing on the different colours.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 2:16 am

Thank you so much Annette!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2022 5:33 am

Beautiful! I find the cheetah charming also.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 7:54 am

Thank you so much Kelly. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 7:14 pm

Nice job again Paige, I have a bias for the Mexican wolf Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Thank you so much Kiki! I quite like them too.  Razz

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 4:25 am

I braved a coooooold storm blowing in to snap a few photos. Not the best lighting (again) but hey... hope you all like the photos as much as I do. Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 7:52 am

Nice pics with a very good lighting for me, not shiny plastic sensation on model, not too much weird  shadows, it is very good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 12:41 pm

I missed a good number of posts here. Sleep I really love everything, especially the cheetah and Mexican wolf.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 2:34 pm

The test of releasing in natural background is a big succes! It reveals your wonderful repaints! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 5:47 pm

Thank you my friends. :)

Really wanted to do outdoor shots for these but we just got a really bad snowstorm... so they are postponed for the time being.
And here are the last two from the latest batch, at last... an Asian golden cat and African golden cat. I am more pleased with my African variation but these were surprisingly challenging for me. I may need to make some adjustments in the future. Had to reshape the face of both models (one a Safari toob and the other a slightly larger copy of it) and add some extra fur to the tail of Asian.

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 6:00 pm

First I gotta comment on the custom batch I missed! I love that you did that cheetah. The color morphs of cheetah is really fascinating, both the existing and the theoretical. Wild to think that they have so many AND that so much has likely been lost due their genetic bottleneck. You did a beautiful job with this one. I love that you choose to do some rare but real color morphs on certain species, like the brown panda.

And I adore the przewalksi foal, a perfect addition to that herd. Very Happy You can never have too many, and each of yours is so unique while still being clearly a member of the same species.

I think your nannies look great. I don't know much about the species, but I love the rich red browns and all the subtle patterning you included.

Your golden cats are also wonderful. The artist own eye is always more critical of their own work since you can see anything that you feel doesn't live up to what you imagined, but to me they are both lovely! I especially like the sculpting work you added to them. That fluffy tail. I love you
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 4:37 pm

Thank you so much Jill! Your words made me feel better. Wink Of course I know what all "went wrong" with it, but as you said they did turn out after all. And they are growing on me. I do feel open to sharing my challenges with my customs though. I hope that if anyone reads this topic whom is interested in starting to customize can see that everyone has to learn and grow with it, its a lot of practice and takes time to get better, and challenges/special projects don't always turn out. :) And that's ok, because you can always try again!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 5:02 pm

Oh I missed this, these are lovely! Such unique species and its great that they are small! You did a wonderful job especially on the faces and belly I think Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 5:21 pm

.. better no waiting the release of these 2 species from modern brands! Your beautiful repaints give me ideas! Very Happy cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Nice work again

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 6:03 pm

Wonderful photos !!! I am sure the Przewalskis love cool weater Wink

This picture almost makes me cry with joy Sad  cheers
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

Your golden cats are fantastic !!!
Again some cats I do not know much about, so I'll have to do some net-browsing Very Happy

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2022 9:17 pm

Great repaints of rarely made cats! Oh and the spotless cheetah is also very adorable.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 12:36 pm

Really wonderful repaints! cheers So sorry about the flu, I currently have covid and it is grim- it's so easy to forget how awful flus can be until you catch it! pale Hope you recover soon! cheers
Beautiful repaints, I love how you can transform almost any model into something 10 times better! My favourite has to be the cheetah, I love the colour and there is something about the face which I really love too- it's so sweet and has almost a dog-like personality! sunny
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Thank you everyone! Your comments mean a lot to me. Very Happy

And I hope you get feeling better soon Bonnie!!!

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 6:19 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you everyone! Your comments mean a lot to me. Very Happy

And I hope you get feeling better soon Bonnie!!!
Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next