Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 1:24 am

Paige, you don't have to wait for golden cats. You use your alchemist tricks and here they are in their full glory. cheers

Bonnie wrote:
Really wonderful repaints! cheers So sorry about the flu, I currently have covid and it is grim- it's so easy to forget how awful flus can be until you catch it! pale Hope you recover soon! cheers

Oh, Bonnie, I'm so sleepy these days, I've just read this post now and I really hope you're recovering well.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 5:08 pm

these are wonderful golden cat Paige! I like the detail on their faces including their shapes, it's very well done!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Stunning repaints!!!!!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2022 8:42 pm

Paige, you are brave, some models are better than others of course, that's life, you are improving your skills and it is a great pleasure to follow your works cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 5:10 pm

Thank you very much everyone. Very Happy

With my time off I got some other fun models redone...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First a Procoptodon. He underwent pretty heavy surgery. His nose is perhaps noy quite short enough/muscular enough but for my beginner resculpting skills it was the best I could manage. Really pleased with the coloration though. And it was fun to learn.... that they only have one big toe on each foot! In paleoart I have never noticed this. But researching the skeleton and I noticed it and was amazed.  geek

Here the Southlands red tries to persuade Procoptodon into a fight but only AAA is a real challenger.

And this one was exciting but nearly gave me an aneurysm. I don't enjoy spots or stripes because I am too obssessive and particular about mirroring the pattern. This one turned out well I think though. Megalania!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 5:57 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 9:58 pm

Love that Megalania, it ended really beautiful! Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 10:22 pm

Really beautiful transformations!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 1:21 am

Thank you very much you three!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 1:52 am

Really nicely done, both of them! The Procoptodon has such a good color scheme and coat pattern. It looks really natural. I love the stripes on his tail! And great modifications, I don't know about this animal really, but I am convinced by your creation of his face. Another new creature learned through your customs! Or I guess a very old creature, haha.

Those stripes are so impressive! I can see why they drove you crazy. You've managed to get them smooth and crisp, making them LOOK much easier to have achieved than they actually were, haha. The sign of real skill I think when you can't tell how difficult it was for the artist.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 2:14 am

These are amazing! I especially love the procoptodon!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 3:13 am

It ate my response yesterday... love the Megalania! It looks like a high end original finish.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 7:13 pm

.. indeed! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 7:23 pm

Thank you everyone! I am far from a skilled artist, the concentration the stripes took proves that. Wink but I was very pleased with the end result of these two.

I hope to have some more completed soon!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:27 pm

Nearly done with this batch, just have one more to finish up. Snapped these early morning pics before I had to rush to work. Very Happy

I have completed my pair of Grand Canyon squirrels. The Abert or South Rim squirrel was first, and now his compatriot the Kaibab squirrel who lives on the North Rim if the canyon.

And then my attempt at an american cheetah. Not sure I am happy with this one but this species left a lot of interpretation... and I have several large cheetah models to try again until I get it right. Wink

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:44 pm

Beautiful again! I love the squirrels!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 6:08 pm

The Kaibab squirrel is a favorite of mine, as I saw them in my home state of Arizona!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 6:27 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 8:54 pm

Really wonderful repaints, I love the squirrel and the Cheetah is stunning, both the original running sculpt and your perfectly blended painting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 10:24 am

You've managed to do four species in a row I hadn't heard of before, so thanks for prompting the google-reading to learn a bit about each of them, and congratulations on adding obscure animals to your collection! Applause

I really love the squirrel, the white tail is so striking, and he looks good with his related companion - I especially like that they're not the same sculpt so together they really do look like two individuals side by side, not just the identical mould in two colourways.

The American Cheetah is really handsomely painted, the way the spots blend out into his white parts is nicely done.
Reading how long ago they went extinct, what was the thought process behind his colour choice? With more recent extinctions we have preserved skins, or even just black and white photographs which help a bit in terms of pattern and light/dark shading, but I'd love to know what made you go for the colours and markings you did for this one.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 4:38 pm

Thank you everyone! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], with my prehistoric repaints I either find a modern animal to imitate the coloration like with my okapi patterned uintatherium, or I look up paleoart works and get some inspiration. For the cheetah it seems to be a blend of 2 paleoart pieces that I liked the patterns of. But as I said, I have more oversized chinamal cheetahs that I may toy with coloration more for this extinct species. 

My camera had a hard time focusing this morning so I will have to try for better later on. Stay posted!

This one was challenging because I had just learned of this species and wanted to represent a bear, this African/Atlas bear, in my collection but I quickly learned that there are no real good resources for what it looked like. Its recent extinction made me think that there would be a description or an old artwork or SOMETHING.... I was wrong. So I went with a fairly common grizzly coloration but I included light highlights across the shoulders and upper dorsal region to represent the Greek mythology of Atlas and his strength. Thank you Jill for the "body"! He has been transformed. Very Happy

And next, this is my biggest achievement I think thus far. I am not a confident sculptor in any description. And I likely won't be this ambitious again for some time to come. But this was a "passion project" for me. 

If you haven't been able to tell thus far, I am subconciously a cattle lover (guess its a bit of genetics, my grandfather was a dairy farmer and then pushed into beef towards the end of his career). In my life story however, this extinct species is very close to me. My college and attached history museum has several specimens that I got to study pretty closely in my time there, and its sort of a locally accepted mascot for my area, at least as far as extinct species go. So I decided that if I can't buy one... I would just make one! 

So without further ado... I present my Frankenstein Monster, whom I have dubbed Francis, my Bison latifrons!

I hope you all like him as much as I do. :) Can you tell what the original model was?

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 5:06 pm

Those squirrells are amazing !!! affraid

I never knew before  that Sqirrells can look like that ! They are ever so beautyful Very Happy

Googling to find info about them , I found this under Albert's squirrell :

That makes me love them even more I love you Laughing

Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 5:45 pm

I love your american cheeta and this so impressive Bison latifrons! cheers cheers

Which model did you use for this latter please?..

Last edited by Caracal on Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2022 9:01 pm

Thank you Susanne and Alain! I will reveal Francis' fraternal twin brother either tonight or tomorrow morning when I have good light for comparison photos.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 18 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next