Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 4:56 am

Yes! That wasy original inspiration Kelly! I probably have a zpare raccoon around somewhere... Wink

Thank you everyone. Your comments mean a lot to me. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 4:42 am

Finally got some sun and a day off today! Here are proper photos of my badger and caiman in better light.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 10:39 am

So nice watching these creatures enjoying a sunny day. Caiman looks especially happy. Very Happy

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:33 pm

Yes, lovely sunny shots! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Wonderful repaints and so nicely catched with your camera! Applause Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 6:51 am

Thank you Roger, Bonnie, and Shanti!

I hope to update with 2 more projects tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 4:16 am

Again, I will take proper outdoor photos when I can but I was too excited to present these! 
New batch of models and RE-repaints from childhood coming..

I borrowed the idea from Robert here (I hope you don't mind): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] . My original plan was to make two more quaggas but I was dragging my feet as the stripes are a lot of work. Then I realized this would be a much better idea anyhow! Przewalski's horses! Resculpted the tails (very proud of those as I haven't ever done a horse tail before) and then some shaded paintwork. A nice dark orange gold for the stallion and a darling paler coat for the mare.

Then I happened across a bootleg(?) of the Safari bald eagle thrift shopping... now a white bellied sea eagle.

Comparisons of the original models with the redone ones.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 4:24 am

affraid LOVE the white bellied sea eagle!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:12 am

Oh wow, they are all lovely! The sea eagly indeed looks stunning!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:37 am

Very nice repaints again, Paige! 🙂

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 2:54 pm

Hurrah for more Przewalski's! I like that you've done a matching pair but varied the shade of their coats and the amount/position of paler colour on their muzzles, so they go well together without just being duplicate paintjobs.

I admit I wondered for a second there how you'd done the before and after in the same photograph, and looked carefully for a photoshop editing join Laughing It was the eagle which threw me off, I was thinking 'you can't have bought one to paint and one to keep cos you said it was a thrift shop find'. Then I realised you probably owned the original before finding the knock-off, and it all made sense Laughing

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:03 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 7:18 pm

Nice repaints again Paige Applause

Since you borrowed your horses idea from Robert I feel very comfortable to borrow you the White bellied sea eagle concept cheers

If only I was less lazy drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 10:18 pm

I think Robert won't ask for copyrights. Laughing
This is a place to share and when ideas spread, it is because they're good.
Don't you have the original Schleich wild horse, I am sure you have it.
The stallion looks a pangare. Laughing

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:31 pm

wonderful Prejwalski horses and sea eagles! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2021 3:43 am

Thank you Jolie, Shanti, Ana, George, Christophe, Roger, and Alain! These were definitely fun to do and I am very happy with the turnout.

I do own the original Safari eagle which is in the comparison photo. Wink I do also own the Schleich przewalski horse and will try to photograph and post the new happy her tomorrow given good sunlight. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:59 am

I have had this Schleich model since it was released and I never realized she was a mare! 2 mares and 3 studs in my herd now. 

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 1:02 am

Exactly the picture I wanted to see, thanks Paige and that's already a herd. Now you need a foal. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 1:10 am

Looking for one! :)

Now, I had to hurry and wrap these up before my family comes for a visit this weekend. 

The generic orange lizard is now a blue tree monitor. Still not great on reptiles but a good enough result I think.

Then two transformations redone from poorly first tries as a young learning artist. The Safari mountain lion and Hartung(?) lion cub. Now, a pair of Amur leopards. They don't have perfect proportions but I think their new skins suit them well enough. Really proud of the adult especially. Especially especially as I haven't done any big cat customs besides these ones from their initial repaint.

A little reconstructive surgery on this baby.

Eyes are a bit weird... I blame the sculpt but it is probably me...

Sunny photos, if I can get them after these rainy days, will come eventually!

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 1:50 am

Beautiful repaints!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 3:32 am

Lovely spots and I enjoy the monitor, but I think your Przewalski customs are your best Przewalskis models- they just work!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 5:27 am

I especially like the monitor

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:01 pm

More wonderful repaints! Thanks for sharing them with us and I hope you enjoy with your family.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 5:53 pm

The three are very nice, the blue tree monitor is a wonderful idea and a very nice repaint Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Very nice job on the leopard. I know how hard it is to paint markings like that. There is placement, size, flow of the fur, which all have to be taken into account.

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 14 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next