Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 5:09 am

Thank you all so much! I love my little chickies too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 12:00 am

Beautiful repaints!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 20, 2021 2:49 am

Lovely little birds Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySun May 23, 2021 2:56 pm

Thanks again friends!

So after nearly a month I finally had enough time to get these done! Unfortunately I don't have the best light though so the colors are a little different in person...

First up is my Pizzly/Grolar bear (polar bear X grizzly bear). This was another beat up model from some time ago that as a starting artist I sort of ruined (see previous photo). This still didn't quite turn out how I wished as my colors just weren't blending how I wanted them to so this model ended up a little more white than originally planned. Obviously the mold makes this hybrid take after the grizzly  in body type but the polar bear in color.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have always wished for a red husky from a big brand but all they have ever made is the classic black or gray. The texture of this model was really difficult to blend so it was a new challenge. Here is my pretty red headed girl!

And an old chinamal vintage-ish model. The original plan was for a wolf sable but as I struggled with my ovcharka color so I did on this much smaller model... thus we scrapped it and made a black and a tan. Turned out cute I think!

And lastly my favorite, another weird chinamal into one of my favorite fish, a pike! The mould itself needed some slight modifying by cutting down the dorsal fin but I am not skilled enough to sculpt an extra set of ventral fins so opted not to... settled on the lime green color scheme to make him a different color morph from my other model of this species. Really pleased with this overall!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySun May 23, 2021 3:49 pm

Nice pike!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySun May 23, 2021 9:25 pm

You have always very interesting ideas. I confess I was not even aware of red husky dogs. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 4:43 am

Thank you birdsage and Roger. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 5:45 am

So many wonderful repaints again- as I've said before I love your style! Very Happy Maybe one say we will see some sculptures! Very Happy bounce
I love the idea of the hybrid and what a gorgeous red husky- such a beautiful girl! I love the markings you have painted, and the way it brings out the fur- and of course the different shades of red, such a sweet girl! I love you I agree with you, it would be so nice to see other Husky colours- and I think the same goes for all other dog breeds too, I'd love to see some cream golden retrievers and merle rough collies! Very Happy And such a delightful little Pom too- such a sweet model, the colours really suite the bold pose of this little dog!
Beautiful detail on your pike too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 6:27 am

I especially like the pike

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 1:46 pm

Thank you both!

I decided to share some comparison photos of the recent work.
Parentage of my pizzly. Wink

3 examples of my husky colors now (hope someday to get a model to repaint into a piebald style)

My two poms.

My pike family.

My Asian bear species sample.

And then all of chicks.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 9:52 pm

I love these comparisons- all those tiny chicks!!! I love you
And three beautiful huskies and two darling Poms- A Piebald husky would be stunning! bounce
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 25, 2021 10:11 pm

great comparison photos cheers
I like the picture with the poms. The repainted one looks so proud of his new colour while the other just stares jealously at it Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Yes, he's rolling his eyes- 'Showoff!'

All are beautiful, but as much as I love the pike, I am most drawn to those chicks!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Gotta say, love those bear paws - great attention to detail there in the shape of the pads. What a cool idea, too, for the mold! He looks great with his family there, a perfect blend. And both dogs look amazing, and so different. That sharp, clean style of the pom is very handsome, and what a beautiful red on the husky! That really a wonderful color, it's a shame there isn't a mass produced one, but yours is a wonderful addition to the group. The pike is lovely, too, I didn't know they could come in that color (not that I know a lot about pike, to be fair!!).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 5:33 pm

Thank you everybody!

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 8:58 am

Wonderful repaints-the Siberian Husky and the Pomeranian are stunning!!Love all the comparison photos!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 3:29 pm

Thank you Taylor. So excited to present my bovine model soon, especially for you!

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptyFri May 28, 2021 1:12 pm

The grolar is such a cool custom idea.
The dogs and pike are simply beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:44 am

Thank you Burger! Very Happy

Next few. I am most proud of this first one. Spanish fighting bulls are not a breed per say, just an athletic type from my understanding. I decided I needed a lady for my herd so here she is! I think I better ring the rest of my boys before they harrass her too much. Wink

Next I bought the New Ray grizzly bears to turn into spectacled bears. Now my bear fixation is cured. Perhaps not the best body type but I think they worked well enough.

And lastly I came across a poorly painted Nayab bootleg macaw. Trimmed its tail and made my first African gray parrot (one of my favorite species).

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:49 am

The bears turned out so cute!
I'm also amazed at how you painted the parrot's eye.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:53 am

Great repaints again! I especially love the new bears and the parrot! Applause
The bear's cubs are so cute Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 5:55 am

Thank you Burger and Ana again! I had to redo the parrots eyes a few times... SO SMALL! But I managed after a few tries. Embarassed

I forgot to show the before, here it is now.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 6:19 am

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 7:06 am

I like the grey parrot; I wish there was a commercial figure available of this species.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 EmptySat May 29, 2021 8:57 am

These repaints are beautiful, they get better and better and every time! cheers
So much detail, I love the Spanish fighting bull! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 8 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next