Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!

Go down 
+31
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
NandO
Shanti
Seeway
Birdsage
Jill
RtasVadumee
George
Loon
Burgerenby
A-J
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Farm collector
Ana
Roger
spacelab
Pardofelis
Bonnie
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
Taos
lucky luke
widukind
pipsxlch
SUSANNE
bmathison1972
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 12:21 am

Thank you everyone! Glad my species choices are so educational also. Wink

Kelly I saw the tubes at a Biglots by the cashier's stands. If you can't find them I'd be happy to help if they are still there.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 2:02 am

Thanks! I rarely go to Biglots, but there are several near me. I'll have to try and make it to one later this week.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 11:56 am

Fantastic beary repaints!!! cheers cheers

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 11:57 am

Wonderful repaints drunken I absolutely love them cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 5:47 pm

Thanks you two! Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 11:35 pm

I also learned what a Tibetan blue bear was thanks to your customs. What a cool species, and a very nice tribute to them with your pair. That looks like a tricky color scheme to pull off, and you did it lovely! The fish is also so cool, I admire the patience put into painting each scale!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySat May 08, 2021 4:17 am

Paige deserves a big shout out for the beautiful job she did customizing a portrait of my German shepherd Queenie! I am truly stunned at her generosity, and talent in pulling this off- I've only posted a few poor photos of Queenie here, and hadn't sent her any.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:46 am

You are so welcome Kelly, I am just happy she traveled without scuffing or chipping and that I did some good guesswork for it pass as a mini Queenie. Wink

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySat May 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Lovely repaints again, Paige! The puppies are so cute Very Happy And the bears are awesome! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySat May 08, 2021 9:59 pm

I replied on your additions thread but completely agree that this is such a beautiful custom- everything about it is perfect and it is so clear to see the time and dedication that has gone into making her- all the colours and markings, and especially considering that you posted so few photos of her! cheers cheers Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySun May 09, 2021 12:07 am

I love figures like these! Hurray for Paige! cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySun May 16, 2021 6:23 pm

Thanks everyone. Embarassed cheers

I have had to take a break from painting for a little while but I got these guys done easily enough. I hope to present the others by the end of this next week!

Before:

I have always wanted these done and FINALLY got them complete! Funny, as they were fairly easy to do (easier than my domestic chicks). All I did was add rust color shading over the original yellow and then added the spotted and striped patterns. I have plans to customize hens for both species from models but it may be some time before their mothers are found...Wink in the mean time they have fierce fathers and uncles to keep watch!
Common pheasant chick custom (striped pattern)

Capercaillie chick custom (spotted pattern)

And both compared together

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySun May 16, 2021 6:37 pm

That's such a good idea, using the basic farmyard group to make babies for several different species, you're gaining a nice selection of chick clutches now

Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySun May 16, 2021 8:17 pm

Very nice baby birds!
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptySun May 16, 2021 8:30 pm

These are beautiful, you have included amazing detail on the chicks- wow! Very Happy And I can't wait to see the dogs! bounce
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Thanks everyone. :) worked on the others yesterday, the bear is nearly done I think. The others will take a few more hours of work before I can show them.

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 5:38 pm

By the way, just a question; why did you choose to call the Phasianus colchicus the “common pheasant” instead of the “ring-necked pheasant”? Common pheasant is the British English name, while ring-necked pheasant is the standardized American name. You are in the US, after all.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 5:44 pm

I don't see why it matters. I know them as ring necked pheasants. But the vast majority of members here are European. The pictures speak for themselves anyhow on what species is presented. You are just arguing semantics, I don't see why it matters what common name I used.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 6:15 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 6:20 pm

Birdsage wrote:
Very nice baby birds!

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm

Very beautiful chickens Paige! cheers cheers

Last edited by Caracal on Tue May 18, 2021 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 9:35 pm

Thank you Andreas, Luke, and Alain! sunny

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyMon May 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Birdsage wrote:
By the way, just a question; why did you choose to call the Phasianus colchicus the “common pheasant” instead of the “ring-necked pheasant”? Common pheasant is the British English name, while ring-necked pheasant is the standardized American name. You are in the US, after all.

Common pheasant is the name of the species. A ring-necked variety is what was introduced into the US. Not all subspecies and varieties have a ringed neck, so it wouldn't always be practical to use 'ring-necked' for the species as a whole.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 2:38 am

I see the computer ate yesterday's comment... just wanted to say the chicks are marvellous!
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 EmptyTue May 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Wow, I rely love Your transformation of the chicks drunken They just look wonderful cheers

PostSubject: Re: Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!    Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saarlooswolfhound's custom repaints: 3/23/24 Special update!
Page 7 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next