Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!

Go down 
+25
Ana
sunny
Chris Sweetman
Mitsukuni
lucky luke
Farm collector
Pardofelis
Duck-Anch-Amun
RtasVadumee
rogerpgvg
Max
Kikimalou
Advicot
bmathison1972
widukind
Megaptera
pipsxlch
Caracal
Roger
costicuba
landrover
SUSANNE
Taos
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Many nice chickens :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:01 pm

Thank you so much Andreas! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Great array of chickens

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Thank you so much Adam! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:26 pm

Chickens are one of the rare exceptions where I collect multiple breeds. I have the Papo hen and Schleich rooster in your pics, which represent ISA Brown and German Bantam, respectively.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Those are both lovely models!
And it is also really nice that the silkie chicken was released by Papo, and the Ameraucana by Safari, to add variety to the current chicken breeds out there!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Bonnie wrote:
Those are both lovely models!
And it is also really nice that the silkie chicken was released by Papo, and the Ameraucana by Safari, to add variety to the current chicken breeds out there!

Yup I have those two also, and Kaiyodo has a nice Silver Phoenix which I might get if not too small.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Oh you have many breeds! drunken
Just looked at the Kaiyodo silver phoenix which looks really nice too!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Bonnie wrote:

Actually, Safari also has a nice Silver Phoenix. I think the Kaiyodo one might actually be a different breed, yet part of the stock used to create the Silver Phoenix study
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:48 pm

The chicks are adorable. cheers cheers

Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:55 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

Actually, Safari also has a nice Silver Phoenix. I think the Kaiyodo one might actually be a different breed, yet part of the stock used to create the Silver Phoenix study
Just seen the Safari silver phoenix- I never knew they did one! It's a lovely model, I'll have to try and find it at some point! And I'm not sure about the Kaiyodo one study , it looks like a silver phoenix but has a very very long tail!
And thank you so much Fernando! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 8:39 pm

Your Britains chickens (the two brown ones at the left bottom) are in a very good condition. They lose their paint easily and are hard to find in such a good condition. Keep them carefully.

The chicks for the dolls house are very cute. Do they have a brand name?

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Great set of poultry!!!

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:22 pm

Bonnie wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

Just seen the Safari silver phoenix- I never knew they did one! It's a lovely model, I'll have to try and find it at some point! And I'm not sure about the Kaiyodo one study , it looks like a silver phoenix but has a very very long tail!
And thank you so much Fernando! Very Happy

The Kaiyodo figure is probably a Onagadori. The Phoenix chicken is a breed created from crossing other breeding, including the Onagadori.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:54 pm

WOW, those tiny chicks I love you

Beautyful flock you have there Very Happy

I love hens also ! Mine are not tame, especially the bantams never let me get really close, but Clara, the big one, is not scared of me...only "do-not-touch-tame ".
But I think they were all rather old already when I got them. Perhaps they could be more tame if they had grown up here.
However, they do know me.
Last year there were rats here, and a lady from pest control went into their run once a week. All four behaved like if a wolf had come to eat them !!!!!
They are also a bit suspicious of me when I wear a new jacet, but then I talk to them and they calm down, and already next day they know the jacket Wink

bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 pm

If I had a yard, I would TOTALLY have chickens!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:08 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
If I had a yard, I would TOTALLY have chickens!!!!!

cheers cheers

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:16 pm

I love chickens; I've had some very good fat feathered pets. I like those 2 AAA models. If I ever have a suitable place again I shall keep them once more.

I draw the line at squirrels though, destructive hairy tailed tree rats they are lol.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Thank you very much everyone! Very Happy
I'm glad to hear that my Britains chickens are in good condition Roger, and interesting to know they are hard to find with all the paint on! I must have been very lucky, as they have grown up with me since I was a young child! I did a bit of research and found that the dolls house chicks are by Melody Jane, I bought them in a dolls house shop but I found a link to the ones on Amazon, here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hope this helps! Very Happy
And that's interesting to know about the Onagadori Blaine, I had never heard of them before! Shocked Very Happy
How wonderful that you have chickens Susanne!drunken And bantams too- I have a couple of Pekin Bantams who are actually more tame than the other two, who are warrens! And I know that 'do-not -touch-tame' look Laughing ! How funny about your rat catcher and your jacket, it just shows that chickens are more intelligent than we think to notice these things!Very Happy
I totally agree with you Kelly too, keeping chickens is surprisingly easy and so rewarding! And yes I think there are mixed opinions on squirrels! Laughing I'm not sure but I think the red squirrels are supposed to be less destructive than the greys, but sadly I only ever see them in the Isle of Wight now!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:31 pm

The American grey squirrels have quite a different character from the European red squirrels, which are much shier. Unfortunately, the non-native grey squirrels are outcompeting the native red squirrels in the UK.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for showing your chicken party., it is only missing a fox to work as a DJ and put all these ladies to dance.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 11:01 am

I agree with you Roger, it is such a shame that Greys have outcompeted the Reds here, because red squirrels are such a beautiful sight and it would be nice to have these native squirrels back as a common sight in the countryside!
And other Roger, of course, a fox Laughing Laughing !
But foxes and chickens really do not mix well, I had the horrible experience of going out to find two piles of feathers, my two much-loved chickens, and a couple of smug foxes running away! Crying or Very sad The only way to do it was to build a 6 foot fence around our chickens- and still I worry!
But those sneaky foxes, being canids, even after this still manage to be an animal I like more than chickens scratch
But then again, my dogs have killed one of the chickens in the past, and I was devastated, but I still love them Very Happy
It is impossible for me to not like a canine, but I always remember those chickens!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 4:48 pm

I understand Bonnie, I also remember Adam suffering the loss of his chickens recently as well as other members. It is more natural for a fox to hunt a chicken that it is for a human to roast one. Among foxes and chickens there aren’t guilty ones. My sister’s dog also killed a poor chciken that ventured into the backyard and the dog really didn’t know what to do with the chicken as soon as the creature died. I think the poor dog didn’t know what a chicken was and I think the dog got bored as soon as the chicken stoped moving. I think it spent the rest of the time trying to find an on/off button on the poor bird. However, I don’t have any doubts of what would be its reaction if a second chicken arrived to try to rescue the first one.

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 5:24 pm

You are so right though, we all complain about the foxes, when really we also roast chickens ourselves! Embarassed
This happened during the winter, and as sad as it is, I'm sure it was the fox who I had previously seen trotting past with cubs. He must have been pretty desperate to feed his family, because he came up in sight of the dogs, in daylight, and right up near the house, so he must have been starving! But I still mourn those chickens, whenever I hear them cluck I race to check that no fox has got in!
And that's funny about you sister's dog, as that is exactly what our retriever Sandy did, she killed our poor chicken but then didn't know what do do with it afterwards- it seems that dogs have lost lots of their original hunting instincts since becoming our pets! Laughing
But I never blame the foxes, as they are only doing what is natural for them, I just blame myself for not keeping a closer eye! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 9:54 pm

Bonnie wrote:
And now for birds part 3- chickens! Very Happy
After all canines, it is chickens and squirrels that are favourite animals of mine Very Happy I love chickens, anyone who has owned a chicken will know that they are so much more than poultry, some love a cuddle, and they are surprisingly intelligent and friendly, and chicks are adorable drunken
Mostly Schleich, with a Papo and Bullyland chicken, a couple by Britains, 2 by AAA (I love the little chicks between their legs!) and the rest scaled for a dolls house- so some tiny chicks! And I took a photo to show the amazing detail on these mini models! Shocked Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wonderful models. Do you collect different breeds of chicken?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!   Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves! - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bonnie's Collection- Final Update Wolves!
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next