Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

Burger's Customs - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Happy to see a proper female Bigfoot, finally. I think most people haven't watched the footage closely, and only know the pose, which seems to be the case for whoever sculpted the original Safari figure. I'm sure you've heard me say it enough, but you really made it look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 5:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The pose is based on the footage which is why I edited the figure to match the source more, it is known among cryptid enthusiasts that the suit / creature / whatever you believe it to be has a pair of large breasts as you can see in the still image below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Safari Ltd. swapped the depicted creature's sexual phenotypes however to a masculine appearance, likely to avoid complaints from parents as it would be displayed with very humanoid breasts on toy shelves, some European companies such as Papo had no problems doing such things but I can imagine Safari being more careful as an American brand.
The Nessie stand-in is a Bullyland Elasmosaurus that I repainted back in 2020 when I started to get into the hobby.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, I wouldn't have done this if you didn't give me the idea and I am so glad I ended up doing it.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 8:04 pm

Patti looks fantastic! You did a really great job. I worked for a gentleman who reasearches this topic a few years ago. His lab was amazing and it was a privelege to get to speak to him regularly about his work. Again, really great job!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 8:28 pm

That sounds so cool, we have an overall lack of interesting cryptids here in Germany, I can really only think of the tatzelwurm and that is only in the mountains in the South.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 1:10 am

Those details are really interesting and it shows how deep you went to this subject. I agree Safari's decision might be related with the North American market.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 11:11 pm

Last weekend the campus cat at our art school has passed away.
Reaching an age of 13 years, Kato has had a fulfilling life that was spent among people who love him, wandering around the classrooms, sleeping in the dorms and getting cuddled every day.
Kato's presence helped me get through the first months of art school and he has been the emotional support cat for many.
In the end I am not too sad about his passing, as he got to spend his last days comfortably and I am just grateful that I got to spend time with him.
I painted a Papo house cat like our campus cat as a gift for a classmate who took good care of Kato.

In the last two photos you see me with the cat.
I gave the figure to my classmate earlier today during figure drawing class, she was overly happy to now be able to still keep him around somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 11:40 pm

Wonderful repaint and an amazing gift. A uniquely crafted gift is the best thing you can give someone, very sweet I love you

It sounds like Kato had a very fulfilling life

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 4:43 am

That is a stupendous customization. Really nice job! Kato sounds like a fantastic friend.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 pm

Wonderful tribute! Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 6:30 pm

Lovely model and what a great tribute!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 7:58 pm

So sad that the campus cat is gone Sad

But such a wonderful model you made of him !
It really looks like a great, elderly personality Applause

Ohhh, why don't they live much, much longer ? Rolling Eyes

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 1:42 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I will soon work on some more, the order from spielzeug-guenstig just arrived.
In the meantime I worked on a dinosaur kitbash, I attached the head of the Wild Safari Acrocanthosaurus to the body of the Carnegie Collection one.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 1:58 pm

You replaced the completely failed head of the Carnegie for the much better head of the Wild Safari. I believe you do not appreciate the massive toyish limbs of the newer model? These two are so different, it looks almost like they represent two different animals.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 2:42 pm

Yeah, pretty much, I wanted to combine the best of both, I don't think it's bad that the Wild Safari one is so stocky, since it is meant to be played with, I wish it had smaller arms but I also remember when I broke a foot off a Carnegie Quetzalcoatlus when I was a child, so maybe the proportions are for the better.
I'll also try to recycle the leftovers into an abelisaur.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 3:25 pm

This is amazing affraid

You certainly have an eye for these things !
I would never have thought this was possible , and even if I did, I would certainly have made a mess of it Laughing

I also enjoy your positive attitude about the proportions because of play-ability .

And the I could not resist going back to look at the campus cat. It is fabulous, and I love it so much  Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 4:10 pm

Sure, the thicker arms are surely to avoid that they break easily and the huge paws are more to help the figure to stand. Often the main sculptor makes them more accurate and delicate but later, these figures suffer some changes to adjust to the production process. The tripod stance is obviously also to help the figure to stand correctly and to avoid even larger paws. Those figures are sold in shop shelves where many kids touch. Figures fall down constantly and break or get scratched. Thus, a sturdy model is important when the customers target are kids.
The ABelisaur idea is very good, apparently the Carnegie model head is good for it, maybe an Abelisaurus is a good option, it is rarely made, skull shape is not completely known and Carnotaurus or Majungasaurus are much easier to find.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You'd probably love to hear that the cat has also an Instagram which was made in memory of Kato.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I usually assumed that the large feet would help to stand on carpets and sandboxes, but you are definitely right, I remember the first time I saw Papo dinosaur figures at a store, some of them had toes broken off.
I originally wanted to go with Majungasaurus but now that Schleich made one I am considering Skorpiovenator.
Interestingly enough some of the Carnegie tripods can stand without the tail touching the ground, it works with this one and the Giganotosaurus, but only on even surfaces, but regardless I don't mind tripods at all if done the Carnegie Collection way, I know some people will claim it's "inaccurate" or whatever but they aren't even dragging their tails, the tips are just gently touching the ground, that hardly counts as proper tripods.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 5:06 pm

cheers Wonderful life that kitty had Applause

These pictures can not stand alone, but they made me laugh so loud that my old Mikke cat woke up for several seconds [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] lol!

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2022 7:48 pm

A bit like Garfield.

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2022 12:41 pm

I repainted a figure that is immensely unpopular among collectors, the Schleich Plesiosaurus from 2019.
I think it's pretty decent, it's far from perfect but I don't think it's as ugly as people say, the fins have a certain elegance to them and while the large scales do not match fossil skin impressions, the texture feels nice.
The bendable neck is pretty fun, too, though also makes me shudder whenever collectors claim they want to microwave it or use it as a dog toy, as there is a metal wire inside, so uhm no matter how much irrational aggression you have towards this children's toy, don't do that.

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 5:05 am

Wow, what a vast improvement!

The original paintjob is its biggest problem I think- the scales seem odd and off, but could be tolerated. You certainly fixed that!
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 10:38 am

The colours really are fantastic, it makes such a difference to see subtle and varied colours on what was a very plain figure. The bendy neck makes for very entertaining photoshoots, too!

And I somehow missed Kato - what a lovely tribute to a much loved cat who sounds like he was a welcome friend to a lot of people over the years.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 10:32 pm

Much nicer really. Microwave it? Laughing I think the texture of the original model looks like a starfish or so. It is not very organic.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2022 11:05 pm

Beautiful repaint on this guy!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 1:27 am

Another aquatic one, the Safari Ltd. ammonite.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next