Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

Burger's Customs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 2:56 pm

Sometimes I choose specific models to repaint simply because they look fun to work on, I'm still trying to find Schleich's last Carnotaurus for cheap, it is far from realistic but I am very curious how it would look if painted like a pangolin.
I also want to paint the thylacine you sculpted for Mojö due to the neutral pose but I don't know if I could still find that one anywhere.
At worst I might go with an edited CollectA one with the mouth closed and baby removed.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 3:17 pm

Yes, fun is also a super important factor Very Happy
I'll check if I have any spare Mojo Thylacine for you, I think I had more than one.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
I am not used to kindness and I don't know anyone here yet, forgive my defensive reaction.

There's no problem, everything is fine. Ana's post is very eloquent and it also helps me to see things from a different angle. Now I just hope you can get the Carnotaurus. The idea of painting it like a pangolin sounds exciting. bounce

costicuba wrote:

Roger is really gentle and wonderful man, you will see this in the future for sure  Very Happy

Thanks for your kind words, Kosta. They are particularly meaningful when they come from a special person as you are. cheers

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 5:09 pm

Ana wrote:
I'll check if I have any spare Mojo Thylacine for you, I think I had more than one.

I don't know if I can accept such an offer, only if I can compensate in some way.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 6:00 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:48 pm

I had no energy since Monday to do something new but I still have old stuff to show.
Here are some tyrannosaurs I made, starting with this U.K.R.D. Tyrannosaurus, since most U.K.R.D. dinosaurs are based on John Sibbick paintings I turned it last November into a homage to one of his works, using the same colours and adding a chunk of flesh that it's ripping from its lunch.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Below is the original painting by Sibbick for reference:

Next is the 10th anniversary version of the Carnegie Collection Tyrannosaurus by Safari Ltd., the first version of this is infamous for its asymmetrical face, I "fixed" this a bit by making one eye injured and while I was at it I made the belly larger to align with what we know about gastral ribs, added a propatagium to the left arm, added a few neck feathers, added a gular pouch, made the tail more muscular and added lips.
This was also done in November 2020.

This one is from December, another collector was dissolving her collection and thus I was able to get two of the 2020 releases by Safari Ltd. second hand for cheap, the Qianzhousaurus and the Concavenator, they are the only 2020 releases I got from Safari so far, I was mostly going after CollectA last year.
I am glad that I got these two second hand as I was too hesitant to buy these for full price due to the official paint jobs, the Qianzhousaurus looking a bit like a tangerine as you can see below.

And the last one for now, from February, the Schleich Replica Saurus Albertosaurus, I wanted it to resemble an Albertosaurus more instead of just looking like a small generic Tyrannosaurus, while still having the Replica Saurus charm to it, I made its snout longer, added crests and made the legs more muscular.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Amazing repaints and adjustments! cheers cheers Applause
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Amazing repaints, again! I love them! You're such a busy bee! cheers

Burgerenby wrote:
Ana wrote:

I don't know if I can accept such an offer, only if I can compensate in some way.

I couldn't find it yet. I may have two more boxes that I need to check but it takes some time. I want to sell part of my collection this year so if I find it I will let you know. About something in return, we will see, but as it's probably in "played with" condition I would not expect it to be worth than 1-2 euro Smile

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:48 pm

Oh wow, I absolutely can't decline then.
In that case I also don't need to feel guilty about repainting it.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:58 pm

Very Happy Wonderful customs and repaints! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 1:15 am

The Schleich Replica Saurus Tyrannosaurus has been returned to my neighbour, she gave me a flower pot and two more animal figures to work on, the Schleich quokka for which I am asked to remove the stamping on its side as it is a bit distracting, so it will be scraped off and new fur texture will be sculpted in its place, and the Papo Megaloceros, one of the antlers on hers broke off during transport when she ordered it, I don't know if I can fix that, I might just buy her a new one and turn the damaged figure into a doe.

Until I get to these things, I got some more of my older customs to show.
Back in October 2020 I bought a Schleich Pteranodon from the Conquering the Earth line.

It is very silly looking, especially in direct comparison with a more realistic approach such as the current Wild Safari Pteranodon, the shoehorn-like structures over its brows in Babybel red are especially odd, but despite all this I still wanted it simply as it seemed like a fun and challenging repaint project at the time, I was wondering how it would look if painted like an Inca tern, the strange brow structures resembling the tern's feather moustache.

Also in October 2020, I customized a Safari Ltd. Incredible Creatures Komodo dragon into a 1:20 scale Varanus priscus or megalania.
I used Apoxie to add a little sagittal crest to its head and repainted it, I might do a rerepaint someday as its colours are a bit too flashy and should be more muted, but I don't know yet what kind of pattern I might use.

Once again from late October, I received the Schleich Indian rhino baby set as I wanted the baby for my adult Indian rhino, but it only comes with a wildlife ranger / zookeeper figure which I wasn't too interested in, I thus recycled it into a 1:20 model of British television personality Nigel Marven.
The colours of his outfit are mostly based on what he was wearing in the ITV shows Prehistoric Park and Micro Safari: Journey to the Bugs.

Around Halloween 2020 I got in the mood for some monster themed repaints, starting off with the Schleich Replica Saurus Ceratosaurus, which I always quite liked for looking like a mix between a gargoyle and Garfield the cat.
The resulting paint job was mostly inspired by the creature known as Foetodon from Peter Jackson's King Kong (2005).

Shortly after another monster themed repaint followed, the Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Baryonyx painted like a Skullcrawler from the movie Kong: Skull Island (2017).

Following in early November was another spinosaur, the Spinosaurus by Bullyland with an update to its sail and tail and painted like the 2014 National Geographic / Davide Bonadonna version, I have also enlarged the dewclaw and repositioned the nostrils, this was my first Spinosaurus custom, the one I posted earlier in this thread was in fact my first and you might remember seeing this older one when I showed my latest one.

Later in November 2020 I got my hands on a used Schleich Utahraptor, the previous owner had the tips of the foot claws cut off, presumably for play safety, so I had to resculpt those and while I was at it I gave it a more anatomically correct update overall.
This was also my first experience with repainting a figure that has articulated arms and it was honestly great that it has such a feature, the arms can be popped out which made it easier to resculpt the hands.

My last repaint for November was the Schleich Replica Saurus Carnotaurus which has now the colours of a nsuifisi or king cheetah.
The sculpt of the original figure is honestly not too bad, it’s among the better Replica Saurus ones and is in my opinion almost on par with the first Carnotaurus of the Carnegie Collection by Safari Ltd., the truly unfortunate aspect was as usual the official paint job which as so often in the Replica Saurus line is basic brown with a bit of airbrush work.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 9:22 am

Beautiful repaints once again- you have done so many and all are stunning! cheers cheers
I love how you have put s much detail in, every little marking and colour coming together to make an exquisite model! Applause sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 10:05 am

Very Happy I like a lot your varanus priscus repaint and many others but you present so many species together that it's difficult to me to comment each of them easily! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 12:24 pm

All the results are amazing but undoubtfully the highlights are your very original ideas.
I find it very clever that you use the large size of the Safari IC Komodo to turn it into a Megalania. Very unexpectable also the way you recycled that ranger and particularly beautiful your King Carnotaurus.

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 26, 2021 3:50 pm

So many cool new repaints that I missed cheers cheers
Your dinosaurs are really cool and unique. I'm not a particular collector of saurus but these almost tempt my to try and paint one myself Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 5:53 pm

I know it's a bit lame but I only made mostly customs of those as I was previously on a forum that was only focused on those, so I wasn't motivated to try anything else at that time as that would have been off topic, but I hope I might be able to try other things now.
Back to top Go down
goatherder

goatherder

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 11:13 pm

Really really like what you did. Big improvements on the originals.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 7:17 am

I have lately been busy and then some family stuff also got in between so I haven't customized anything since the oryx, I will get back to it soon but for now I'll show some more of my older ones.

In early December 2020 I edited a Schleich Eldrador Creatures cave bear I got used.

Later in December I painted the Safari Ltd. Concavenator.

In January I repainted the Schleich Pentaceratops.

In February I gave a Bullyland Velociraptor the colours of the Walking with Dinosaurs Utahraptor.

That same month I also altered a dragonfly by AAA to look like the Meganeura from Walking with Monsters.

In late February I customized the older Safari Ltd. Carnegie Collection Spinosaurus.

And last but not least a repaint requested by my partner, the Papo Allosaurus with colours loosely based on a numbat.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 9:57 am

Loads of wonderful customs and the end of the topic with the picture of the allosaurus with the numbat is absolutely epic! Great concepts and beautiful results.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:32 am

I had in my mind to custom this fantasy Schleich cave bear too, but I missed courage! cheers cheers  good idea to give to him  foliages to eat since in spite of its threatening looking, it's almost vegetarian!

I love your dino and dragonfly repaints too!cheers cheers drunken

.. and we almost do the same pictures!  Very Happy  this one frome may 2017:

(tell me if you want me to cancel this intrusive picture!)

.. now I have the Papo's and Geoworld's ones more!.. :)

Last edited by Caracal on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:19 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:39 am

GReat customs and repaints again! I love the Pentaceratops! I'm in awe of your creativity and productivity Applause Keep this up Very Happy

Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 12:16 pm

I'm learning a lot about dinosaur figures since joining here, not least how awesome they look with custom paint jobs - great work!

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 pm

Very Happy Applause Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 4:32 pm

These are absolutely beautiful, wow! cheers cheers
For each one I loved the before and after photos- because I could see just how amazing they have all become! Very Happy I love the Pentaceratops, you have given him so much detail and variety of colour! Applause And the Dragonfly is fantastic, it looks so realistic now with the naturalistic colours and glossy eyes! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 6:15 pm

I like the way you are giving a new birth to some oudated models Very Happy

Your repaint have a strong personnality, congratulation !

I thought many times to buy a Safari Ltd Komodo dragon to make a megalania, alas Im' too lazy and have so many models to repaint. Yours has awakened the desire to do it in me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next