Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

Burger's Customs - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 10:48 am

Amazing work! Not sure how you do it but every repaint of you has this authentic look just like the real ones!! Wonderful! Very Happy Applause
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 19, 2022 2:56 pm

Shocked It is an AMAZING custom indeed, you turn magically something I have no interrest for into an absolutely irresistible model  Applause
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The name of this one is Godsammonitezilla affraid Laughing Applause
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 20, 2022 7:40 am

The colors on the underside(?), I'd don't know cephalopod anatomy that well, are so shocking; I love it. I feel like it's a real shame that most prehistoric cephalopod toys don't feature the interesting colorations many of their modern cousins have.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 7:30 pm

Thanks to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I got a chance to edit the 2017 Schleich Allosaurus, the custom is inspired by the scupture head seen at the Natural History Museum Berlin and a children's app called "Dino Dino" ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) which seems to use a design that is based on that sculpture and adds a body to it.

Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 11:13 pm

Seeing the pictures again, I really appreciate the bulk you've added to the head. And those spots look so good, especially around the tail.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySun Feb 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Yes ! It is very, very beautyful cheers

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 12:28 pm

Getting a little experimental this time again, I removed the sail of the RECUR Dimetrodon to see if it could become as a decent gorgonopsid and it worked.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2022 12:42 pm

You always can see many interesting things in each figure. I guess it was the wide open mouth that helped you to take this decision. Is there a specific gorgonopsid behind the scenes?

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 2:14 am

Wow, I really enjoy this one! You can never have too many gorgonopsids. And sumptuous paint job as always, really love the head.

Who made the scutosaurus?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 2:31 am

I have not been able to comment on several of your latest works but to sum it, it amazes me how you can not only do complete overhauls of the sculpts to make models into masterpieces but also that you have the talent to simply reapply new color and transform them as well! The plesiosaur is not the BEST sculpt but this one you truly did remake into something very special. My favorite of all though is this last gorgo! So well spotted and well done! A time period ignored in so many ways, I wish there was more appreciation for it. You accomplished this with the latest remodeled model. :)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 am

Fantastic metamorphosis! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySun May 29, 2022 5:47 pm

Wanted to do this for a while, Model Painting Month gave me an excuse to do it at last, a Papo Megaloceros painted like the deer god from Princess Mononoke.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySun May 29, 2022 10:11 pm

You surely enjoyed Princess Mononoke while I've never heard about it before. Reading a little about it, it seems interesting.
Now Papo Megaloceros is not only the King of STS but also a God with its beautiful new colors.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 4:42 pm

I really enjoyed the film - I remember seeing it once on tv when the channel was making a big thing of showing a Ghibli film every day, and this was the one which happened to be on my day off work. I went in with no expectations cos I'd not watched any animation for years and had no idea what it would be like, and loved it! Really beautiful design, strong storyline, and a world you felt like you were immersed in along with the characters. The little creatures with three eyes whose heads flip round still make me smile when I think of them.
Sadly I've not seen it repeated since, they show Spirited Away fairly regularly since that's the one which got the fame and attention here, but the others are seen as obscure and not very interesting for the general public Shocked Mad

So at least one person seeing your deer god repaint knows what the character is, and does! I like how you've added depth and variation to the coat colour, to vary it from the simplified flat cell-shading style used for the animation.

I agree it's a great mould to work on, the pose and personality but also the texturing is really nicely done and feels integral to the sculpt, rather than scratched in afterwards like some hair effects.

And the herd look great all together, I think I'm always going to be utterly fascinated by other people's colour interpretations after having created mine, and I really like that you've added a doe to the group - I don't suppose Papo will ever release an official one as the antlers are a big selling point for this species!

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 8:26 pm

Thank you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Absolutely no wonder it has gotten so popular so quickly on the forum, I feel like it's partly due to there not having been such a good Megaloceros figure in a while, the Bullyland one having been retired a long time ago (so glad I picked one up in Paris when they were still around), the Geoworld version being tricky to get hold of for a reasonable price and most other ones being just so tiny, such as the Japanese figures by Colorata and Eikoh.
I wonder if LEGO ever made one for their Lord of the Rings licensed toys but I only see offbrand or MOC versions.
In addition to that the dark factory paint job which obscures the sculpt detail invites one to repaint this figure and then there is also the fact that while we do have the fur pattern somewhat recorded in cave paintings, there are different ways to interpret it, my first version thus went a rather conservative direction, inspired by the work of artists such as Dr. Mark Witton, the second iteration was based on a taxidermy by Ken Walker which might be closer to what the cave paintings were actually representing, after that it is all wild territory so it also leaves pop culture paint options, I think I have seen someone on Instagram paint one like the version from the popular game Skyrim, if you also look at Instagram or the Dinosaur Toy Forum you will find plenty more repaint interpretations of this toy, it's really fun.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I also managed to catch it only once on television, likely due to it being on a children's channel and some scenes might be a little horrifying for young children to watch, I know at least two people, someone from my former university and the other being the brother of a friend, who developed an immense fear of wild boars and domesticated pigs due to Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, though to be fair wild boars can still be very dangerous regardless so maybe not too bad.
Since roughly five years there is however another local television channel that broadcasts Japanese animation for an adult audience in the evenings (mostly trash unfortunately with a few good shows and films sprinkled in between once in a while) so there is a chance it may air more frequently in the future, though I don't have a television in my apartment and usually miss out on it.
It was fun to add some variation to the fur, in the earlier paint stages it just looked so barren so I had to add some extra detail there, in the film, a lot of the shots focus on the deity's face so it doesn't become as apparent on film.
The doe was a fun project, it initially started out with swapping a Megaloceros figure with a neighbour of mine, when fae ordered it an antler broke off during shipping and I immediately saw the golden opportunity, a total win for the both of us, the antlers were then transplanted onto a red doe by Lineol, adding some pose variety to the group.

Last week my partner and I watched Prehistoric Planet and we were absolutely amazed by the whole show, you can see a trailer below:

I wanted to recreate one of the iconic designs from the series as a custom figure, for that I picked an old AAA Apatosaurus (which looked more like a Brachiosaurus than anything) and transformed it into the beautiful Dreadnoughtus from the show.

Last but not least, here is what the work in progress stage looked like:

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyMon May 30, 2022 8:54 pm

Your megaloceros is fantastic! Both in its realism and its artistic color choice. I have not see the movie but know a bit about it, and I like your choice to make a figure representation. 

Your new sauropod too! What a transformation! I haven't seen this series yet but hope to. Great work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 5:14 am

I've been loving what I've watched of Prehistoric Planet and the dreadnoughtus was certainly a stand out. I think you've captured that whole look so well, makes me wish this series got some official figures, because I would flip out to buy those.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptySun Jun 05, 2022 8:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It's really entertaining overall, and one of the storyboard artists is even an indie toy maker, SplendidEditions/SplendidHand.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I also hope that will happen, there are some people who made offbrand fanmade figures but I don't feel so good buying those for something that is so recent and doesn't have its own merch, it just feels wrong, I feel more content making my own fanart customs.
Buying or selling fanart is of course okay but like, I am referring to mass production scale here.

I had a Papo Spinosaurus left over that I took some parts from for other stuff, I resculpted it a bit and gave it new hands which were made by Florida based indie toy maker MothmanRepublic, I now have a Torvosaurus that fits in size with Mesozoo's Allosaurus europaeus.

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 4:08 pm

very spectacular and beautiful transformations! cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2022 5:19 pm

It is superb!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 13, 2023 11:08 pm

I'm out of words! cheers cheers

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2023 6:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13