Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Burger's Customs - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 8:50 pm

Great improvement on these models! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Sep 12, 2021 1:53 am

I know I am very late to this... But I just went through the pages looking at these customs/repaints and they are absolutely gorgeous!! affraid affraid affraid

The Megaloceros and Philippine eagle are breathtaking! Harpy eagles are my favorite species of bird, and Philippine eagles are just as beautiful. Papo's Megaloceros I was soooo excited for and seeing your repaint really blows their paint job away! I love how you creatively cut off the horns on one and gave it to one in a laying pose, brilliant!

These make me want to start customizing models so badly but I've been so busy and have 0 experience with sculpting so I'm too afraid to start pale

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 7:36 pm

Wow, those baboons really turned out great! The sculpt definitely shines a lot more now.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm

Another couple of figures which really show your talent, expertly painted to show the texture of the fur! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 am

I LOVE the colors on the spinosaurus! That rich reddish orange under the swampy greenish-black and browns, it's exciting to look at while still looking natural and fit to the animal. Also love what you did with his jaw, I wouldn't have even noticed the problem, but seeing your update is like - ah wow, yes, much better!

I really like the baboons as well. There's something about vintage to the way you painted them, while still looking like realistic depictions.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Thanks, everyone!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I started pretty small last year by resculpting the nose of the Safari Macrauchenia, there were still lots of things I had to learn, I'm not too happy with the fur texture of the Schleich Eldrador Creatures cave bear for example, but I figured stuff out along the way.

I haven't made progress on this one in ages but I finally got time and motivation to start painting the Bullyland Tyrannosaurus.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 09, 2021 7:15 pm

Oh my god, it's so beefy, I love it. I have to admit, your tyrannosaurs are just the best.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 1:51 pm

Thanks, I have finished it last night and took photos just now as the sun is up.
Here is the Bullyland Tyrannosaurus I edited, it’s a large toy and easy to find in Germany, at stores and second hand, so it was perfect for a custom.

A lot of editing went into the head but the entire body has been altered overall.

Now some shots from different sides as usual.

I think it’s sort of funny how I keep returning to these big two, Tyrannosaurus and Spinosaurus, making one custom after another of these, they are just interestingly shaped animals.

There is no evidence for or against feathers on Tyrannosaurus, and personally I am okay with either but I added some feathers anyway to the spots where it could have some, simply as it would look neat.

The blue head and tail tip were picked as colour choices to contrast with my previous red Tyrannosaurus, red oni and blue oni so to say, I guess that makes my grey Carnegie custom an onibaba.

Last photo, fighting Trachtman.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 2:11 pm

I love the baboons cheers They look so different now !
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Very clever adjustments, and lots of creativity involved too! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Oct 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Two main stream dinosaurs. There was and still is some effort to make the spino beat the T-rex in terms of popularity but I think it will never happen. About your transformations, they are wonderful as usual.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 pm

It's funny to see people get into fights over that, although from a distance of course, personally I prefer sauropods anyway.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 11:47 pm

You made it so terrific! affraid cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2021 5:17 am

Just stunning... I love the color on this one! And the little feather fringe! Excellent work my friend. I love your Spino customs too, that is my favorite dinosaur. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:46 pm

Worked on another Cretaceous animal, this Papo Quetzalcoatlus has been in a work in progress stage for ages but I finally got the time to paint it at last.

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 2:07 pm

Oh, it's amazing! I love the little accent of purple on his "crest"! Beautiful shading overall and all the details look great! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:00 pm

no more the same model at all! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:53 pm

Thanks, also did this real quick before I forget to.

I might adjust the Elasmotherium horn a bit after New Year, so this is just a placeholder for now, just wanted to be the first to do it to feel a little special.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 9:25 pm

I am aging and this is still my favorite book, can you guess it?

"Who are you?" asked the little prince, and added, "You are very pretty to look at."
"I am a Elasmotherium," the Elasmotherium said.
"Come and play with me," proposed the little prince. "I am so unhappy."
"I cannot play with you," the Elasmotherium said. "I am not tamed."
"Ah! Please excuse me," said the little prince.
But, after some thought, he added:
"What does that mean--'tame'?"

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 11:06 pm

I red that some paleontologists think they had a very short horn like your now! :)

Last edited by Caracal on Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:53 pm

Incredible transformations, I never know enough about prehistoric wildlife to see problems in the originals, but always compared to your customs I see the originals lacking at least in presence in detail. Yours feel so alive and detailed, beautiful work!
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 8:03 am

Starting to work on another commission for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 8:29 am

Fantastic transformations cheers

And I love your humour Laughing

Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 12:26 pm

I made a custom of the Safari Ltd. bigfoot figure, in order to make it look more like the Patterson–Gimlin footage.

A behind the scenes photo:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 23, 2022 2:09 pm

Really great! I think the original model is already made after that footage but probably everything around the Bigfoot has the same source. What's that a Bigfoot riding a Loch Ness Monster? lol!

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next