Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Burger's Customs

Go down 
+23
Taos
Pardofelis
halichoeres
strawberry crocodile
sunny
spacelab
Jill
George
goatherder
lucky luke
pipsxlch
Kikimalou
A-J
Ana
Roger
costicuba
Caracal
Advicot
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
SUSANNE
Burgerenby
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Burger's Customs - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 3:33 pm

It is all wonderful as well as the inspirations. For when a crocodile painted like a strawberry? Laughing

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 5:31 pm

These are all awesome, I like the red Allo best! The tail striping is very pleasing to the eye, great work!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Loon

Loon

Country/State : California, United States

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 8:07 pm

Love the carnivoran inspired colors. Especially the aardwolf, but the newer CollectA figure is so fantastic looking.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 8:24 pm

I also love the colours she picked, they just look so natural and it was fun to plan these out with her together, striped tails just always work so well.
Of course I also had a little bit of influence but that was only suggesting the colour for the inside of the mouth, blue for the old one, yellow for the new one.

Roger wrote:
It is all wonderful as well as the inspirations. For when a crocodile painted like a strawberry? Laughing

Funnily enough, exactly that is also planned, at some point I'll paint the Safari Ltd. Todd Marshall style Kaprosuchus like a strawberry for her but that will be after summer.
There will even be a little leaf cap on its head, it will hopefully look really cute.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2021 10:57 pm

Burgerenby wrote:

Roger wrote:
It is all wonderful as well as the inspirations. For when a crocodile painted like a strawberry? Laughing

Funnily enough, exactly that is also planned, at some point I'll paint the Safari Ltd. Todd Marshall style Kaprosuchus like a strawberry for her but that will be after summer.
There will even be a little leaf cap on its head, it will hopefully look really cute.

Laughing That sounds really funny! Kaprosuchus are amongst the funniest crocodile like creatures.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 12:41 pm

The other half of my Cephalaspis diorama, I used a bootleg of the figure from the Paleozoic Creatures set by Colorata, the larger resin model and the base can be seen in more detail in my other customs thread in the forum section "Non toy animal items".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 3:06 am

What a cool looking creature I know nothing about! Lovely colors, once again. cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:04 am

I remember being presented with the species for the first time in my paleo course. It is such an odd looking animal! Really great model and work to repaint it. It is stunning.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 am

You got to take a paleo course? That would be SO FUN.

These Paleozoic figures of yours, Burger, are absolutely stunning. Masterpieces. You make even a knockoff amazing.
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 11:15 am

Jill wrote:
What a cool looking creature I know nothing about! Lovely colors, once again. :cheers:

That made me chuckle, but yeah it's always neat to give some lesser known animals some love, I think the only pop culture depiction might be the BBC program Walking with Monsters from 2005 where it was falsely depicted to have a lifestyle similar to modern salmon.
That same segment also featured another error as the giant scorpions of the genus Brontoscorpio shown in it are thought to live on land and only enter water to mold, not the other way around as the documentary made it seem, I only found out about that recently and got quite disappointed that they didn't live alongside the aquatic sea scorpions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Funnily enough I had something like that the other way around, a zoology course in my second semester studying geology.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, the bootleg was made by Animal Paradise who have made knockoffs of various figures.
There is a thread about them here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
They mostly make copies of Japanese figures by Colorata, Favorite and such but I got also bootlegs of the retired Bullyland belemnite and the Cameroon sailfin chameleon by CollectA from them where they altered the sculpt slightly by uncurling the tail, the chameleon I bought purposefully for a drepanosaur custom but the belemnite was an accident, ordered at a seller who has both legit figures and their knockoffs, I wanted to replace my old Bullyland belemnite as it has a lot of paint wear but I guess I can still repaint the knockoff the seller gave me on accident, I still would have been happier with refunds however as it was listed as the real thing and they gave me the wrong figure.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 12:45 pm

This is a stunning repaint once again, I love all the colours and detail (As always with your repaints Very Happy)! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 1:01 pm

Thanks, I got a lot of inspiration from catfish for this one as they seem to have a similar lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2021 4:18 pm

Wow, they are very impressive! And wonderful paintwork again! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 7:32 pm

Thank you, Anna!

I have now made a Spinosaurus... again.
This time it's a kitbash, I combined the body of the 2019 Schleich version with the 2020 Mojö Fun head.
I also did some editing on the jaws as the lower jaw Terry Norton sculpted was completely replaced for the commercial version with a less fitting one which prevents it from interlocking.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 10:43 pm

Wow!! Spinosaurus is one of my favorite dinosaurs and you did an amazing job. I love a more realistic and earthy paint scheme, it looks like it would fit perfectly in the swamp.

Last edited by Joliezac on Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 11:49 pm

Absolutely wonderful, it would be hard to guess which brands were the original pieces. Terry Norton's African elephant for Mojö Fun seems to be a piece that will put the elephants of the major companies to a higher level, the same for the warthog, do you know if Mojö Fun Nile crocodile is also a piece from him?

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 11:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, although I feel weird about assigning gendered pronouns to my figures, they aren't pets, a simple 'it' is fine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes, and it's amazing, I don't have it yet but it is definitely the Nile crocodile I want.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2021 11:58 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, although I feel weird about assigning gendered pronouns to my figures, they aren't pets, a simple 'it' is fine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes, and it's amazing, I don't have it yet but it is definitely the Nile crocodile I want.

Oh, I suspected it. It is such an impressive model, at least in photos, I hope to get it someday too. :)

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 12:01 am

It's quite funny how it has a similar pose to the CollectA one, except that it looks infinitely better.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 10:20 am

Yes, Mojö's model adopted a pose very similar to the CollectA's one but I think that even the pose is more natural on Mojö's model. That's a great pose for figures that are supposed to be displayed. Brands now tend to avoid the flat crocodile. Pose is also an interesting discussion regarding the spinosaurus controversies, from the traditional bipedal posture to a quadrupedal and now an intermediate posture seems to be favoured.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 14, 2021 11:42 am

Agreed, Norton's sculpt looks like the animal is sunbathing while the only situation I can imagine CollectA's pose in would be if the crocodile is being fed by a zookeeper.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 12:00 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
Agreed, Norton's sculpt looks like the animal is sunbathing while the only situation I can imagine CollectA's pose in would be if the crocodile is being fed by a zookeeper.

Laughing Both want to represent crocodiles leaping while trying to kiss a zebra. Obviously the pose is not accurate once they basically they put all the energy in their tail over the river bottom but sculptors know it and they have to find a pose that works to be displayed. CollectA model is almost breaking its back but I believe it works nicely underwater.

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySat Sep 04, 2021 10:20 pm

This evening I painted the hamadryas baboon family by Plaho.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 12:08 am

Wow, these sculpts are gorgeous! And your paintwork brings out even more awesome detail. Great job!!

Oh and the spino is a masterpiece too!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 EmptySun Sep 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Good work

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burger's Customs   Burger's Customs - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Burger's Customs
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next